• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Reminder to Stay Respectful

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

No matter how things turn out over the next few hours and days, please be respectful to your fellow competitive gamers. Please avoid slinging mud, insults, starting rumors, spamming other sites, or making Johns.

The Smash community is the strongest grassroots gaming community in the world and does not need external validation to prove that. Remember this is to support a great cause and be proud that the community, through hundreds of people giving a little bit at a time, has donated so much to this worthy cause. Breast cancer would be KOd if every person were as generous as the Smash community.

Don't let the aftermath, the result, or the who and how whichever community donates the most, make you lose sight of what true greatness and generosity the Smash community, among others, has displayed.

Be the bigger and better community and hold yourselves and your fellow Smashers to the highest standard of respect and respect for others-no matter the result.

-aZ

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The Big Boss has spoken. Keep it PG, guys. Whether we win Metaknight-style with a thousand donations, SG drops their 10k bomb and takes it late, ST has 5 more CEOs lined up to drop an Ultra each, or Divekick makes that last-second billion dollar damage combo, stay polite.

Salt is for french fries.

EDIT: just in case any of you haven't heard, www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp is streaming pretty much continuously for the next 12 hours.

Revven

FrankerZ
What aZ said. There will be people who will get emotional, but just because they choose to or are doesn't mean you should think it's okay to join in as well. Keep your cool and look at what's been accomplished. I think, the amount we've donated so far, has given us more exposure than anything else could have this month... and it was just perfect timing! Right after one of the most hypest tournaments of the new year! Everybody's eyes has been on us, don't make their opinions change or prove other's negative opinions to be correct of our community.

Keep a level head.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I agree, aside from the occasional troll I'm really proud of both the Melee and SG communities. I'm confident that we'll be able to represent ourselves well and show everybody at EVO how awesome we really are.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm tired of this "competition". I've donated my fair share, and now there's nothing more I can do. No more posting until it's over for me.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
If we lose i'll falcon punch myself in the face, log out from everything and drink myself to sleep, tomorrow i'll just....play..some.. meleeee :awesome:
no rage/course comments though

Life

Smash Hero
If someone other than the current big three pulls a successful snipe I'll be too busy being impressed to be mad about it.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
The Big Boss has spoken. Keep it PG, guys. Whether we win Metaknight-style with a thousand donations, SG drops their 10k bomb and takes it late, ST has 5 more CEOs lined up to drop an Ultra each, or Divekick makes that last-second billion dollar damage combo, stay polite.
more like 1000 ledge grabs ;)

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty confident at this point about our chances, but I really, really hope everybody can keep a level head if we get beaten by a snipe. I was lurking in the skullgirls stream (admittedly, I want to watch it too), and I'm already seeing some trolling going on by meleers. Please don't exacerbate anything.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Smashers,

No matter how things turn out over the next few hours and days, please be respectful to your fellow competitive gamers. Please avoid slinging mud, insults, starting rumors, spamming other sites, or making Johns.

The Smash community is the strongest grassroots gaming community in the world and does not need external validation to prove that. Remember this is to support a great cause and be proud that the community, through hundreds of people giving a little bit at a time, has donated so much to this worthy cause. Breast cancer would be KOd if every person were as generous as the Smash community.

Don't let the aftermath, the result, or the who and how whichever community donates the most, make you lose sight of what true greatness and generosity the Smash community, among others, has displayed.

Be the bigger and better community and hold yourselves and your fellow Smashers to the highest standard of respect and respect for others-no matter the result.

-aZ
You always bring a very solid point to everything you say. It's good for business and excellent for this community. I am glad to see this forum under the ownership of someone who truly cares for this community and will do as much as you can to ensure it stays fun and healthy here.

Breast Cancer is the reason so many people have lost their loved ones, friends, family, whomever. Cancer is a terrible thing, and thanks smash community. Thanks for showing that you care. Thanks for showing why Nintendo didn't create just a game with Smash Brothers, it created a world, a community, a place where we can make a difference.

Moving forward, like Alpha says, I am so excited to see how it turns of, regardless of whether or not Melee makes it as the top slot (looks like its very possible ATM), the fact this much money went to a good cause is astounding and I personally will not forget the generosity you have all expressed.

Thanks for anyone who decided to read this whole comment I made (lol)

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I like when the mods/admins leave little tidbits to remind us that we are all logical people and whether or not we want to act like it we should continue you have to some of standards when communicating with anyone.

(because if someone else were to say it no one would listen lol)

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I've actually been in the SG thread, and I have to admit the trolls are disgraceful. I'm happy that we've won, but they're disgusting.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
*Sigh*

This is what I was afraid of.
Eh, ignore the trolls and just be happy.

Skullgirls fans are happy because we got to see a new character. Melee fans are happy because they just got into EVO. It all works out, and no troll can change that.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Eh, ignore the trolls and just be happy.

Skullgirls fans are happy because we got to see a new character. Melee fans are happy because they just got into EVO. It all works out, and no troll can change that.
So true! besides I can't seem to find the supposed trolls anyway.

When I saw the new character, I literally burst into tears.

dkuo

Smash Lord
i thought it was funny how the one chick nearly spoiled the surprise lmao
from what i gathered during the stream mike z is pretty awesome

and yeah forget the trolls. internet rule #1

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm ashamed at all those who trolled. Not cool. The SG community tried just as hard as we did to try and secure a spot. We should respect them.

To everyone else, great job. No matter what community you are from, you should be proud.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
"I do not believe that revenge is justice, period. I choose to exist on a higher plane than that. However I understand that humans experience catharsis in revenge. If someone murders my family member, it will certainly be my instinct to want revenge. I may want to kill them, but if I do that I must accept my karmic consequences. My wrong will never make the situation right or bring my loved one back. Vibrate higher." (Talib Kweli)

Top Bottom