• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was thinking more along the lines of some new gameplay footage (for the casual televised audience) with a character reveal trailer at the end (for the hardcore audience). The focus would be on the new gameplay but the character drop would be the sweet, sweet cherry on top.
That would be the other way around. The casual audience will be all over the character reveal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Damn. This'll be going just as I'm leaving work assuming I have a day shift. Although, if the big reveal is at the END of the show then I'm fine.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm interested in seeing the audience's reactions. We all know the demographic of these shows and who they target.

Anyways, more excited what this announcement is about. I'm thinking it has something to do with Smash Bros. On the other hand, looking at the situation Nintendo is in now, I'm thinking it could be something more than that.

My dream: Nintendo announces Power Stone 3 exclusively for Wii U :D
(I can't get over the series)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Welp, since today's update was actually something amazing and not if Luigi's nose, Sakurai has given us no indication that Smash will be present at VGX tomorrow.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm seriously wondering how long Reggie's time will be at the vgx...

I could definitely see any of these games being shown off with new trailers, etc, to build Wii U hype:

DK Tropical Freeze - I personally hope not, because we really don't need more footage of this game, and it's never been a crazy exciting game for people to buy a console for.

Mario Kart 8 - again, I'm kind of hoping not, but I would understand this one... maybe not in front of a bunch of 'hardcore' gamers, though (since when did 'hardcore' start meaning "I like FPS's"?)

Smash - This actually seems pretty likely, if they have a character reveal or whatever. I'm hopeful for it.

X - one of the games that would make gamers go crazy... I could definitely see a new trailer being shown for this.

Zelda Wii U - seems the most likely of anything to me... sounded like they were close to showing it at e3, and Zelda's always big.

New Metroid - ok admittedly, this is me being an optimistic fanboy

New F-zero - lol as much as I would like it.... I definitely don't expect it.

New franchise - Yeah I doubt it, but it might be cool.

Also, I seriously hope he doesn't show 3DS stuff.. Wii U needs the kick.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Monday's update is Zelda confirmed since Skull Kid is confirmed as an Assist Trophy today and we are getting an announcement tomorrow???

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd be completely okay with a new Zelda reveal. Anything else that isn't Smash will most likely leave me feeling disappointed.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
if Metroid Prime looked that good on Gamecube, can you imagine the same graphics step for a fresh Metroid game now?

Seriously, if this were in the works somehow, and Nintendo showed it off, people would go nuts

I'm ok with anything Smash, Zelda, Metroid, or F-zero. I'd be slightly let down for X and SUPER disappointed for Mario, Mario Kart, DK, or anything else that we know about at this point..

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
That probably means Zelda U is out. It hasn't been officially announced yet. So, it might be Smash Bros.

It said previously announced so I don't think it's out. It has been announced as being in the works but not officially given a name or trailer. So maybe this is the place they'll do it.

Or it's Yarn Yoshi loool

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Technically Zelda Wii was announced but it hasn't gotten past the, here's a nice tech demo stage.

The only ones it can be are DKTF, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, X, Yarn Yoshi or Smash.

D

Deleted member

He better be there and say "Hello Nintendo fans. We've looked at your countless Smash Bros. fansites, and your countless forums, and of course, your countless character requests. And the reason I am here today is to bring a response to all those requests. Please take a look at this trailer."
And then a trailer plays showcasing 4 requested newcomers (K. Rool, Toad, Little Mac & Krystal) , and when the trailer ends, another trailer pops up showcasing 2 minutes of Mewtwo gameplay.
IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.
It probably wont happen though :<

Morbi

Scavenger
He better be there and say "Hello Nintendo fans. We've looked at your countless Smash Bros. fansites, and your countless forums, and of course, your countless character requests. And the reason I am here today is to bring a response to all those requests. Please take a look at this trailer."
And then a trailer plays showcasing 4 requested newcomers (K. Rool, Toad, Little Mac & Krystal) , and when the trailer ends, another trailer pops up showcasing 2 minutes of Mewtwo gameplay.
IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.
If that happened, I would perform self-immolation for Sakurai.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.

The thing is, if we are going by requests it would be more like Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena/Roy/w/e other character is popular as hell for Smash. 3 of the 4 characters you have there aren't the most populary requested xD. And Mewtwo can technically count as a newcomer as he was never in Brawl.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.
And at the end:

"All these things here will NOT be in the game. Instead, here's a picture of Luigi's nose." Reggie then walks off stage.

Morbi

Scavenger
The thing is, if we are going by requests it would be more like Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena/Roy/w/e other character is popular as hell for Smash. 3 of the 4 characters you have there aren't the most populary requested xD. And Mewtwo can technically count as a newcomer as he was never in Brawl.
You don't think Big Mac is popularly requested? Perhaps you are correct, he is not even requested anymore because his inclusion is implied. :awesome:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So we have the following possibilities (assuming it's Nintendo published games):

Bayonetta 2 - 2014
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - February 2014
The Legend of Zelda - TBA
Mario Kart 8 - 2014
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - TBA
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 2014
X - 2014
Yarn Yoshi - TBA

Morbi

Scavenger
So we have the following possibilities (assuming it's Nintendo published games):

Bayonetta 2 - 2014
Mario Kart 8 - 2014
X - 2014
Yarn Yoshi - TBA
Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi character reveal? I haven't heard that suggestion yet.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Bayonetta 2 - 2014
Mario Kart 8 - 2014
X - 2014
Yarn Yoshi - TBA

I totally forgot about SMT X FE.

Screw Smash Bros. Gimme my FE news Reggie. NAOW! D:<

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi character reveal? I haven't heard that suggestion yet.

I have a feeling it'll be Yarn Yoshi just to spite us. It's the perfect, 'Seriously Nintendo ... seriously?" move they are known to make.

Prove me wrong Reggie, please do.

Time to dehype guys. I really think it'll be Bayonetta 2. I feel like it fit the bill for the type of show. Not saying it is, but it's getting to that point where my expectations are getting a bit too high. Gotta suspect the game I care the least about so I can enjoy whatever they show.

Morbi

Scavenger
Time to dehype guys. I really think it'll be Bayonetta 2. I feel like it fit the bill for the type of show. Not saying it is, but it's getting to that point where my expectations are getting a bit too high. Gotta suspect the game I care the least about so I can enjoy whatever they show.
I wonder how Bayonetta fairs in the Western market as opposed to the East. You might actually be right though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom