• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I don't understand why most people think it'll be about Cranky Kong... he's already been leaked!!! Also, what kind of announcement would that be? Would the VGX audience even give a damn? Hell no. It has to be either X, Bayonetta 2, or Smash.
Would the VGX audience even care about X or Bayonetta 2? They seem kinda like niche games. Only two games I can see them showing are SSB4 or Zelda, but Aonuma's already said we'll see Zelda at E3 2014 so SSB4 seems most likely to me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would the VGX audience even care about X or Bayonetta 2? They seem kinda like niche games. Only two games I can see them showing are SSB4 or Zelda, but Aonuma's already said we'll see Zelda at E3 2014 so SSB4 seems most likely to me.

True, X and Bayonetta are niche gameplay-wise but they have giant robots and T&A respectively. If that's not appealing to the kind of people that the old VGAs targeted I don't know what on Almighty Zeus's green Earth is.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
True, X and Bayonetta are niche gameplay-wise but they have giant robots and T&A respectively. If that's not appealing to the kind of people that the old VGAs targeted I don't know what on Almighty Zeus's green Earth is.

I really just wanna say, and it has nothing to do with the current topic, that it endlessly confuses me that Guybrush Threepwood is clearly the inspiration for your username, but you use Roll, I think as your avatar? Either way, glad to have another Guybrush fan on the boards!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Anyone know what time this is in GMT? I checked a converter but they have est, edt, pst and pdt and I'm not sure which to go by since they're all different.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone know what time this is in GMT? I checked a converter but they have est, edt, pst and pdt and I'm not sure which to go by since they're all different.

11pm I think. I may just sleep through it and observe the carnage in the morning.

I really just wanna say, and it has nothing to do with the current topic, that it endlessly confuses me that Guybrush Threepwood is clearly the inspiration for your username, but you use Roll, I think as your avatar? Either way, glad to have another Guybrush fan on the boards!
The avatar is part of a comic I do the writing for. It preemptively let's people know I am done with their ****.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
11pm I think. I may just sleep through it and observe the carnage in the morning.

The avatar is part of a comic I do the writing for. It preemptively let's people know I am done with their ****.

Alright, then. Rock, rock on. I was just curious.

Are you a Monkey Island fan, though? I've been one as far back as 1990, and it only gets harder every year to find more people who've actually played any of them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Alright, then. Rock, rock on. I was just curious.

Are you a Monkey Island fan, though? I've been one as far back as 1990, and it only gets harder every year to find more people who've actually played any of them.

That's ok. But next time you wanna sk someone an off-topic question, drop them a private message.

Twelve hours remain.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd just love LoU or SM3DW to get Game of the Year, not GTA 5

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd just love LoU or SM3DW to get Game of the Year, not GTA 5

Better GTA than Modern Warfare. But I wanna see the delicious butthurt if Mario is named GOTY.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope it isn't something about Tropical Freeze. Probably the Nintendo game I have the least anticipation for right now.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I can't handle this...part of me feels like it won't be of much interest, but the other part of me is so hyped up right now. I kind of don't know what to do with myself, and that's a little odd.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This (or next week) would be around the time for another character reveal....

I have this dream forming in my head that the announcement will be about X with new gameplay footage and details, then at the end they confirm Shulk for smash Bros as playable. Ah truly blissful...

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
I was expecting a Majora's Mask remake for either 3DS or Wii U, as they have been dropping a lot of hints lately (Majora's Mask being in Animal Crossing, A Link Between Worlds and now showing off Skull Kid with Majora's Mask in Smash Bros.). I hope it's something Zelda or Smash related!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I might to miss it live since I'll be watching a football game at 4.

But then again, I wouldn't watch anyway since I think VGX is a joke and refuse to watch it just for the Regginator.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Looking at it, VGX seems kind of lame. We all know that the fanboys will force GTA 5 into the winning spot, the entire thing's mostly dedicated to the "popular" games that make older people want to ban video games. I mean, I understand there's violence in Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, a lot of games we play, but they overdo it, in my opinion, in more realistic games. I'd probably be fine with those kinds of games if I didn't hear about them every 30 seconds at school.

But on topic, all I really see happening now is something to appeal to the "hardcore" fans, be it Ridley, Shulk or Snake. I don't think they're going to go to this huge hardcore gaming event and show off Miis, Pac-Man or Dixie Kong.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The only reason people watch the VGAs is because about two years ago, for whatever reason, game developers got the idea that it was a good place to reveal new trailers. Beyond that it's an insufferable dude-bro experience where the jokes and commentary always aim for the lowest common denominator, advertising is so unsubtle it hurts, and the winners in each category are extremely predictable. People are saying that they're trying to go for a more "professional" show this year but, given the past nine years, I find the idea laughable.

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Well it feels like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Smash are Nintendo's favorite series to hype right now, so if the reveal isn't related to one of those i will be very surprised

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
The only reason people watch the VGAs is because about two years ago, for whatever reason, game developers got the idea that it was a good place to reveal new trailers. Beyond that it's an insufferable dude-bro experience where the jokes and commentary always aim for the lowest common denominator, advertising is so unsubtle it hurts, and the winners in each category are extremely predictable. People are saying that they're trying to go for a more "professional" show this year but, given the past nine years, I find the idea laughable.
I thought this was a thing that didn't need to be pointed out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought this was a thing that didn't need to be pointed out.

To be fair, there are some people who are blissfully unaware of such a thing. Lucky little..

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Keep your expectations on the ground so if it is something noteworthy it will just be that much better.
I think that's the worst philosophy to live by. Sure there are things that you just shouldn't "expect" to happen, but that doesn't mean you can't hope for the best. Who cares if you are disappointed in the end, for it is not the result that should be satisfying, but the journey filled with hype.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
My mind has skipped the "It might not be Smash Bros., man" point and casually made its way to the "Oh man, I can't wait to see what they show for Smash Bros." point.
Damn you hype...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You'd think but with the way people are hyping this event and ignoring the last nine years...

The only hype is the fact that there could be Smash news, we all know dudebros won't let the Game of The Year win Game of The Year (SM3DW).

No Control

Smash Apprentice
If it's true they're showing a previously announced Wii U game, I'm 90% it's Smash Bros, though I don't know where people are getting that from. It's definitely more hyped than anything else they've previously announced (DKC:TF, while looking good, does not hype people in anywhere near the same way Smash does; same for MK8 really).

I'm thinking they'll either reveal Mewtwo or a newcomer popular in the West (Ridley/Little Mac/all 3 from the leak) IF they show Smash. Shouldn't imagine they will bother showing a trailer without showing a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom