• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Time to dehype guys. I really think it'll be Bayonetta 2. I feel like it fit the bill for the type of show. Not saying it is, but it's getting to that point where my expectations are getting a bit too high. Gotta suspect the game I care the least about so I can enjoy whatever they show.
:facepalm: you do realize sonic just destory every last gain of chance of her being confirmed

Besides the rumor board has found a possibly real theory but the mii might be revealed and reggies mii will be on spotlight

:facepalm: you do realize sonic just destory every last gain of chance of her being confirmed

Besides the rumor board has found a possibly real theory but the mii might be revealed and reggies mii will be on spotlight

I'm talking about what game they will show, not what character will be in Smash. There is no way Bayonetta is making it into Smash. She's a hypersexualized witch who fights with her hair and guns on her shoes.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna go ahead and guess it will be a new DKCR: Tropical Freeze trailer with the confirmation of the fourth character (which of course was already leaked). Zelda or Smash would have been nice, but I'm not one to get my hopes up.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
What we don't know is that the Cranky on the boxart is a red herring and you actually play as Cranky as he was in his prime

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I really hope that, at VGX, we see 3 newcomers. Plus Mewtwo, Wario, Ness and Zelda. The 3 newcomers, if I'd guess, would be Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man. JUST DO SOMETHING!

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
So nintendo just announced that it will be a game already showed off. so that deconfirms a new zelda, metroid, or starfox being shown

D

Deleted member

The thing is, if we are going by requests it would be more like Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena/Roy/w/e other character is popular as hell for Smash. 3 of the 4 characters you have there aren't the most populary requested xD. And Mewtwo can technically count as a newcomer as he was never in Brawl.
Well, the characters announced can vary.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given the crowd, X, Bayonetta 2, or Smash Bros seem the most likely. There's already a lot of moaning and groaning across the internet about the prospect of it being Tropical Freeze or Mario Kart 8 so hopefully Nintendo doesn't put it's foot in it's mouth by spoiling this perfect opportunity to hype the Wii U.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Have they mentioned the exact time Reggie will show his face? I for one don't have the SLIGHTEST interest at all of this award show and just want mah reveal.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Everybody, just relax. We'll find out soon enough.

In the mean time, come and play Crusade with me.

plz.

read the quote, he says "play as cranky in his prime" but you don't play him. he's the antagonist.

He means "Play as Cranky at his best."

This was the best condition Cranky Kong was ever in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Will smash bros be in one of the VGX game trailers i don't know if there is definatly more newcomers might get revealed.

(Oh reminder don't forget the rumor about little mac wii fit trainer villager megaman pac man and mii being announced in june and 3 out of 6 were correct) so it might be the other 3 if there is a smash bros trailer at VGX

Malion

Smash Ace
He means "Play as Cranky at his best."

This was the best condition Cranky Kong was ever in.
well he's in a game now, and soon he'll be in racing games and we'll see Baby cranky show up complete with beard.
mark my words.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
GAME INFORMER CLARIFIES THAT NINTENDO WILL SHOW A PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED GAME AT VGX

Game Informer has clarified that Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be showcasing a previously announced Wii U game at the VGX awards. There was a little confusion on Twitter regarding whether it was an unannounced game, or one that has been previously revealed by Nintendo. Most people bets appear to be on Reggie showing off Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Game Informer has partnered with Spike TV to host the live stream on their site. Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America, will be on-hand to talk about a previously announced Wii U title.”
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/0...will-show-a-previously-announced-game-at-vgx/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GAME INFORMER CLARIFIES THAT NINTENDO WILL SHOW A PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED GAME AT VGX

Game Informer has clarified that Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be showcasing a previously announced Wii U game at the VGX awards. There was a little confusion on Twitter regarding whether it was an unannounced game, or one that has been previously revealed by Nintendo. Most people bets appear to be on Reggie showing off Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Game Informer has partnered with Spike TV to host the live stream on their site. Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America, will be on-hand to talk about a previously announced Wii U title.”
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/0...will-show-a-previously-announced-game-at-vgx/

So, it's going to hopefully be Smash 4.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
you said "play as cranky in his prime" but you don't play him. he's the antagonist.
Yes

Cranky Kong is in Tropical Freeze

The joke is that you get to play as Cranky Kong

In Tropical Freeze

Only he's a massive gorilla and not an old crone

Have I pressed the enter key enough times yet

Have I

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, now it better be Smash, otherwise they aren't going to sell that extra batch of Wii Us this christmas.

Cranky sure isn't going to sell any Wii Us, that's for sure, and X isn't a highly popular console seller title.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
True, think about it:

"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get X, a sequel to an obscure RPG that has a cult following!"
"Can we have Mother 3 too?"
"No."

"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get Tropical Freeze, and play as Dixie Kong for the first time since DKC3!"
"Can she hover?"
"No."

"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get Yarn Yoshi, a cutesy game starring Yoshi in yarn form!"
"Can't we just have a game starring Prince Fluff?"
"No!"

"Hey guys, Buy Wii Us so you can get Super Smash Bros. 4..."
*stampede*

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Technically Zelda U has been announced, though. We just haven't actually seen anything from it. We had a fancy-looking tech demo, and they've been talking about the game a lot lately.

Of course, the game was also announced for E3 14 and I doubt they'd really change their mind on that. So indeed, it's probably Smash.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yes

Cranky Kong is in Tropical Freeze
The joke is that you get to play as Cranky Kong
In Tropical Freeze
Only he's a massive gorilla and not an old crone
Have I pressed the enter key enough times yet
Have I
Nah.

I get what you mean now... I thought you were saying him being a new playable character was the red herring. like saying he was playable in the classic era. see I jumped to conclussions!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Oh beautful thats helps the chance of smash bros wii u getting the bill

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get X, a sequel to an obscure RPG that has a cult following!"
"No."
Oh wow I found this way funnier than I should have hahahahahahahahahahahahaha****younintendo

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
True, think about it:

"No."

"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get Tropical Freeze, and play as Dixie Kong for the first time since DKC3!"
"Can she hover?"
"No."

"Hey, guys! Buy Wii Us so you can get Yarn Yoshi, a cutesy game starring Yoshi in yarn form!"
"Can't we just have a game starring Prince Fluff?"
"No!"

"Hey guys, Buy Wii Us so you can get Super Smash Bros. 4..."
*stampede*
Yeah really, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Smash is a huge deal, and definitely a system seller, so they'd undoubtedly hype it up like they are (maybe all newcomers will be revealed during big events like this :grin:).

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Yes

They're teasing one game

And it's not like Nintendo will have a whole lot of time to show off a bunch of game.
Good point. Well I hope it's Smash. It would make a fantastic end to this fantastic week of Smash.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I imagine the presentation will go like this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to show you one more thing, which you've probably been waiting for. Introducing, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze."

(Typical information of Tropical Freeze, nothing new when suddenly, claws slice screen into Smash logo. There stands K. Rool, newly redesigned, blowing off his nails.)

"Oh, K. Rool. Why did you slash up the screen?'

(King K. Rool points left, panning camera to see Ridley chewing on the screen.)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I don't understand why most people think it'll be about Cranky Kong... he's already been leaked!!! Also, what kind of announcement would that be? Would the VGX audience even give a damn? Hell no. It has to be either X, Bayonetta 2, or Smash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't understand why most people think it'll be about Cranky Kong... he's already been leaked!!!
I don't see that as any evidence against that being the reveal, since Nintendo, to my knowledge, has not made any statement regarding that leak. That indicates to me that they're still acting like people don't know. Like how "everybody knew" that Rosalina would be playable, they still treating it like a big reveal anyway.

Though I agree that the reveal doesn't fit with the VGX audience IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom