• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I want a Smash announcement - it'd be fitting for the venue, but out of all the ideas i've read through i've come to the conclusion that it just may be a Zelda Wii U teaser trailer.

I mean Aonuma has been mouthy about it lately, and a teaser trailer is usually a fit title for a 'world premiere'. Reggie's words not mine. Plus if it's a simple tease with mostly non-gameplay and a 2014 date at the end, it'll hype us up for E3 2014, where they can show more of the game and release it this time next year.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want a Smash announcement - it'd be fitting for the venue, but out of all the ideas i've read through i've come to the conclusion that it just may be a Zelda Wii U teaser trailer.

I mean Aonuma has been mouthy about it lately, and a teaser trailer is usually a fit title for a 'world premiere'. Reggie's words not mine. Plus if it's a simple tease with mostly non-gameplay and a 2014 date at the end, it'll hype us up for E3 2014, where they can show more of the game and release it this time next year.

Wasn't it stated somewhere by a Nintendo CEO that ZeldaU will be getting revealed at E3 2014? That's what makes me think that ZeldaU will not be at the VGX.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Wasn't it stated somewhere by a Nintendo CEO that ZeldaU will be getting revealed at E3 2014? That's what makes me think that ZeldaU will not be at the VGX.
Aonuma himself said he would show it at E3 2014. But that doesn't mean it can't be revealed at VGX 2013.

But let's be honest: Who the heck knows what they're doing? I mean, IT'S NINTENDO. We never know what they're doing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even if nothing Smash related is announced at VGX, I can't imagine that a major announcement isn't too far off. We're less than a week away from 6 months passing since SSB4 was officially announced and, if Sakurai acts the same way as he did with Brawl, he'll show something significant. With Brawl, he marked the passing of about 6 months with a new trailer at Nintendo World and after about a year passed he opened the Dojo site. A Nintendo Direct probably isn't that far off either so I'll be very surprised if something major isn't dropped by Christmas.

D

Deleted member

Reggie goes on stage and announces the Millennium of Luigi; I'm calling it now.
I would be OK with that.

I think that an official confirmation of Cranky Kong in DKC:TF isn't that unreasonable of an expectation. Considering that Nintendo hasn't made any acknowledgement of the leak, it seems that they're just pretending people still don't know.

Still, if that is the "big reveal," it won't be that much of a disappointment. We still haven't seen what Cranky will play like, so it will be good to finally get some more details on that.
That's why I think that they are going to do that at VGX.

I would be disappointed if that was the case in my opinion. Sure, I would love to see Cranky Kong in action, but I want to hear about something that is worth living up to the hype that Nintendo and Reggie are placing on this. However, I am keeping my expectations very low and expecting that to happen.

Well the 4th DCTF character was revealed we all want to know who is the main villian is. I mean more than a few are crossing there fingers for that.
It's the Vikings that were shown off during the trailer for E3. Retro said that there won't be any crocodiles, so seeing King K. Rool pulling the strings to the events of the game would surprise me.

Even if nothing Smash related is announced at VGX, I can't imagine that a major announcement isn't too far off. We're less than a week away from 6 months passing since SSB4 was officially announced and, if Sakurai acts the same way as he did with Brawl, he'll show something significant. With Brawl, he marked the passing of about 6 months with a new trailer at Nintendo World and after about a year passed he opened the Dojo site. A Nintendo Direct probably isn't that far off either so I'll be very surprised if something major isn't dropped by Christmas.
I hope that's the case. I think that there will be a Nintendo Direct next month that will show a new trailer for the game with more veterans and a newcomer. I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get anything major this month.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
It's Super Smash Bros X Playstation Allstars. I can feel it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think we're gonna get a new character, and a big one that's gonna generate a lot of hype such as Ridley or K Rool.

I'd be shocked if we don't see a new character by Christmas.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. x Playstation All-Stars x Sonic & All-Stars x Nicktoons Unite x Dream Mix TV World Fighters x Jump Superstars x Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion vs. Capcom
Super Hyper Ultimate Super Smash Bros. x Playstation All-Stars x Sonic & All-Stars x Nicktoons Unite x Dream Mix TV World Fighters x Jump Superstars x Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion vs. Capcom 3D HD Remix Turbo Champion Edition

Pre-order now from GameStop and you will get some exclusive DLC!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Super Hyper Ultimate Super Smash Bros. x Playstation All-Stars x Sonic & All-Stars x Nicktoons Unite x Dream Mix TV World Fighters x Jump Superstars x Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion vs. Capcom 3D HD Remix Turbo Champion Edition

Day One DLC? I officially give you full ownership of my wallet.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I think we're gonna get a new character, and a big one that's gonna generate a lot of hype such as Ridley or K Rool.
Mehhh ... to a televised audience it would have to be a more relevant character, that everyone knows for it to generate the hype they want.

Now, if it was a trailer showing off modes, gameplay and new features, THAT would be hype.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Honestly my gut feeling is a new trailer for smash bros. featuring that Littlemiiman leak thing.

But it could be the new IP, a Zelda/starfox/metriod. Or something like that. Course i'd rather have the reveal be ridley/mewtwo/? than Littlemiiman but whatever.

But you know what would be PERFECT at a dudebro thing like this.

Style savvy Wii U reveal, then reggie laughs over the boo's, Flips the crowd off and walk offs the stage like a boss saying "Your bodies weren't ready" That would be a Golden moment. XD

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

Is it better than the "Bad Box Art Mega Man and Pac-Man in Mecha" DLC that Walmart's offering? :troll:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I want a Call of Duty style shooter with Nintendo characters to be revealed.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
So much win right here. So much.

I can see it now. The Koopa troop as Locusts.

Chargin Chucks as Boomers, Hammer Bros as Kantus, Koopa iterations as basic Locust Drones, Goombas as Wretches, Bob-ombs as tickers... ah the fanboyism.

And hey Waluigi blasting a Koopas face off saying "Wa-Wa-WAAAA!" would make me cry tears of joy.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I can see it now. The Koopa troop as Locusts.

Chargin Chucks as Boomers, Hammer Bros as Kantus, Koopa iterations as basic Locust Drones, Goombas as Wretches, Bob-ombs as tickers... ah the fanboyism.

And hey Waluigi blasting a Koopas face off saying "Wa-Wa-WAAAA!" would make me cry tears of joy.
I want this to be a reality now lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mehhh ... to a televised audience it would have to be a more relevant character, that everyone knows for it to generate the hype they want.

Now, if it was a trailer showing off modes, gameplay and new features, THAT would be hype.

I was thinking more along the lines of some new gameplay footage (for the casual televised audience) with a character reveal trailer at the end (for the hardcore audience). The focus would be on the new gameplay but the character drop would be the sweet, sweet cherry on top.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
do you have to watch this at 6 or can you watch the stream from the beginning at a later date

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I want this to be a reality now lol.

And off topic is off topic ... unless they actually reveal a new, dark Nintendo shooter. That would be legendary.

I was thinking more along the lines of some new gameplay footage (for the casual televised audience) with a character reveal trailer at the end (for the hardcore audience). The focus would be on the new gameplay but the character drop would be the sweet, sweet cherry on top.
Ah I getcha, I agree then. In my humbel opinon I'd take a few veterans being shown and new features about them then a newcomer. Probably just me. I want to savor the newcomers for later.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
My hope for Saturday is a Little Mac reveal trailer and a release date.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
And off topic is off topic ... unless they actually reveal a new, dark Nintendo shooter. That would be legendary.

Ah I getcha, I agree then. In my humbel opinon I'd take a few veterans being shown and new features about them then a newcomer. Probably just me. I want to savor the newcomers for later.
You know what? I don't care if they don't reveal anything.

I would be happy to see gameplay. Just solid, straight-up gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom