• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
>Tv turns on
>Smash symbol first thing you see
>Waluigi appears in front of smash symbol
>Waluigi gets shot by weird ray
>Waluigi turns into assist trophy
>No new smash footage after that :troll:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I highly doubt it's Smash footage. Probably DK Tropical Freeze info.

RODO

Smash Ace
Although I'm desperate for smash bros info, im starved for zelda wii u info.
Cmon Reggie throw me a bone!
Wait a sec, Reggie doesn't call any of the shots as to what nintendo reveals, that's up to Nintendo japan. Reggie's job is to present the bones that nintendo throws us in a humorous fashion. Have yall seen the latest 3DS nintendo direct? It opens with an elevator comedy skit referencing "my body is ready"

On a side note, does nintendo europe have its own charismatic nintendo representative? How bout nintendo australia?
Iwata took over as president of NoA now, so Reggie, while still the face of NoA, isn't actually calling the shots like he used to.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Did anyone notice VGX is happening exactly a month after Marth's reveal? If we don't get a new character reveal this week then there's more than a good chance one (or more) will be revealed there.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I think what Reggie is going to announce is much bigger.
Bigger? Metroid U announcement confirmed. :troll: (sorry, I couldn't resist)

But seriously, it wouldn't be too surprising if they announced that a new Metroid game was in development, just a short trailer with maybe the title in it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bigger? Metroid U announcement confirmed. :troll: (sorry, I couldn't resist)

But seriously, it wouldn't be too surprising if they announced that a new Metroid game was in development, just a short trailer with maybe the title in it.
Other than a Ridley announcement for Smash this would be the best case scenario imo. If it's a sidescroller that is, and not a first-person adventure or "I-have-no-idea-what-perspective-this-is-supposed-to-be-classified-as" like Other M.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
At this point it's pretty much confirmed that Sakurai doesn't think the Dojo should be the way newcomers are revealed. It's not "important" enough, for want of a better word. High-profile gaming events are really the only places we can expect newcomer reveals, and as far as I know VGX is the only such event in the near future. I think a newcomer reveal is very likely

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Reggie's be keepin' up the hype! He better keep his promises about advertising and some huge announcements. Announce the new Zelda Wii U game and some major Smash 4 information and reveals and you've got yourselves a selling system!

But wait!

December 7th happens to be the day of my next tourney. This is going to be the hypest day yet!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
On a side note, does nintendo europe have its own charismatic nintendo representative? How bout nintendo australia?

I have yet to see our version of Reggie and I'm from the UK. From the directs I've seen it's quite a sombre affair with the presidents introducing each game release done in a very matter of fact way.

Tbf they are businessmen; they're introducing the games like a businessman would showcase his wares compared to more charismatic Reggie who seems like he's got a more television presenter style to him.

Honestly, I'm sort of jealous.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I can see Nintendo showing something this time in december 7th if we don't receive next week any update of a veteran reveal, so maybe just maybe it could happen that we will get a new comer.
.n_n.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It falls on a Saturday, so even if we do get newcomer reveals I'm not sure if we can expect the site to update, unless they take an extra day of work of course.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
It falls on a Saturday, so even if we do get newcomer reveals I'm not sure if we can expect the site to update, unless they take an extra day of work of course.
The site can be set in automatic to update that day, I mean is not that difficult, I don't think they update all manually the whole site.
.n_n.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm feeling they're gonna date these new releases coming. It's bound to happen, unless they save that for their December/January direct.

For VGX I want a smash trailer showcasing features,a newcomer at the end and a date to hype the **** outta everyone.

In reality we may just get something like Wii Sports Deluxe U Super or some bs like that.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Zelda U was actually supposed to be revealed E3 2013.
Then it was also supposed to be revealed Comic-Con 2013.
VGX would be a perfect place to announce it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, so with Cranky's new playable role for Tropical Freeze having been accidentally leaked by an Italian website, I'm going to guess that's one of the announcements coming at VGX. Would be a rather bizzare time for it to leak otherwise (2 months before release).

If we presume that it's going to go down, I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility to see a Smash Bros announcement, since it'd go well with announcing a playable character in one game and then announce a playable character in another game.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
When was Brawl's first release date announced? That may gave us a hint to when we may get dates on this game.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
4chan is at it again.

I don't want the Mii to be playable, but... Honestly I wouldn't mind as long as my mains aren't missing from Smash 4.

And honestly 4chan has been correct in the past. /vp/ is where everyone got their X&Y news before the games launched. Nintendo was maaaaad

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could have sworn it was said that Smash Bros 4 wouldn't be released until Winter 2014?

That post smells really fishy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I could have sworn it was said that Smash Bros 4 wouldn't be released until Winter 2014?

That post smells really fishy.
The only kind of release date we've gotten is 2014, no mention otherwise whatsoever.

Either way, the rumor being true would be cool if just for the release date. I imagine if Miis are announced at any point, they'll be announced seperately from other newcomers too, since they're customizable and all that. However, it is 4chan, and while they've been right about X&Y ocassionally, they've never once been right about Smash Bros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And honestly 4chan has been correct in the past. /vp/ is where everyone got their X&Y news before the games launched. Nintendo was maaaaad
That's news to me. I don't recall 4chan EVER being right on leaks. If you're talking about when that Canadian store broke the street date for X & Y, that I can believe but before that I severely doubt it.

Anywho, I'm having doubts we'll see Smash related stuff at VGX Awards (even if they did I don't think Mii would be a big enough of a mind blower, even though I do want Mii in Smash). And like I said in the Rumors and Leaks topic, I go by the say: The more detailed it is that more likely it's fake.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's news to me. I don't recall 4chan EVER being right on leaks. If you're talking about when that Canadian store broke the street date for X & Y, that I can believe but before that I severely doubt it.

Anywho, I'm having doubts we'll see Smash related stuff at VGX Awards (even if they did I don't think Mii would be a big enough of a mind blower, even though I do want Mii in Smash). And like I said in the Rumors and Leaks topic, I go by the say: The more detailed it is that more likely it's fake.
Considering how big of a casual appeal Miis have, they're definitely big enough to stand on their own.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Even if I'm not against Miis, Smash Bros. HAS to reveal some newcomer for hardcore players. So far we got Megaman only on that side, and then Villager and Wii Fit Trainer which are for the casual audience. Announcing Miis would mean that out of the total newcomers, 75% are from franchises which aren't really hardcore at all and that the Smash fanbase doesn't relate to very well (as seen from the controversial reveal of WFT). Revealing a so casual character like the Miis to people who are expecting Shulk, Ridley & Co. would just be silly imho.
But again, I'm not against Miis. Just keep them secret a little bit longer and give us something different. The stage is enough for now.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Even if I'm not against Miis, Smash Bros. HAS to reveal some newcomer for hardcore players. So far we got Megaman only on that side, and then Villager and Wii Fit Trainer which are for the casual audience. Announcing Miis would mean that out of the total newcomers, 75% are from franchises which aren't really hardcore at all and that the Smash fanbase doesn't relate to very well (as seen from the controversial reveal of WFT). Revealing a so casual character like the Miis to people who are expecting Shulk, Ridley & Co. would just be silly imho.
But again, I'm not against Miis. Just keep them secret a little bit longer and give us something different. The stage is enough for now.
Well, if that is true, maybe it's only part of the video. They could still have another like they did with Mega or Ms. Fit, seeing as they each get their own separate video. It would just be tacked on to the end or whatever, assuming for some reason that "leak" is really a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom