• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well, if that is true, maybe it's only part of the video. They could still have another like they did with Mega or Ms. Fit, seeing as they each get their own separate video. It would just be tacked on to the end or whatever, assuming for some reason that "leak" is really a leak.
The leak is fake, obviously. But the possibility of a Mii reveal is still pretty strong.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I'm hoping it's a trailer for the Xenoblade sequel or a completely new IP. Love it to be smash bros though

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
/v has legitimate leaks all the time. It's the go-to board for anonymous developers to post info, because it has a reputation of trolling and thus all leaks are immediately deemed as fake and buried within the sea of troll posts.

Also, /b ≠ all of 4chan

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
like the realease date but hate the fact of a playable mii, I mean we would have 4 newcomers with 3 of them being a generic human character blah

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's news to me. I don't recall 4chan EVER being right on leaks. If you're talking about when that Canadian store broke the street date for X & Y, that I can believe but before that I severely doubt it.

Anywho, I'm having doubts we'll see Smash related stuff at VGX Awards (even if they did I don't think Mii would be a big enough of a mind blower, even though I do want Mii in Smash). And like I said in the Rumors and Leaks topic, I go by the say: The more detailed it is that more likely it's fake.
Yeah, I was there for it. A guy got his game early (I think he was actually in southeast US) and posted a thread on /vp/ with a link to his instagram where he kept uploading stuff from the beginning of the game. Showed off several things before he got shut down by Nintendo. Someone else eventually got the game, beat most of it and then started uploading stuff and it wasn't long before we eventually got the starters... Greninja first (no es fake EVERYWHERE) and eventually the others. I think it started as a 4chan thing, but eventually someone posted on Reddit

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
no just no

thinking more into this I am starting to think the rumor could be true since it would tie in to why reggie joke on being PUT INTO THE GAME

D

Deleted member

I'm keeping my expectations very low on this. I actually believe that they will show gameplay footage of Tropical Freeze and show Cranky Kong as a playable character since that leak was shown a couple of days ago.

If I'm wrong though, then that would be a good thing as I would love to see a new trailer for X, anything major about SSB4, or showcasing a new IP or new game from an existing franchise (like Metroid or Star Fox).

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Going to VGX, which is basically a 'popularity contest awards show' (i.e. the vocal 'hardcore' gamers will be in attendance - no casuals) and then revealing a Mii or other casual characters would be a death sentence.

A detailed trailer highlighting long snippets of multiplayer gameplay (e.g. 5-15 seconds or so) would be a saviour

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Well they are hyping it up like crazy, and its a wii u game that we already know about. Besides smash, zelda and mario kart, I dont see what it would be

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If it is Smash I can imagine they'll announce a couple of veterans and then BAM, newcomer. Otherwise I'm thinking Bayonetta as it seems like the kind of game the old VGA would push.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
If the "special announcement" is just Cranky kong in tropical freeze, i will be really disappointed.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well then that's your fault for getting your hopes up
I disagree.

This announcement has been called 'big', 'important' and 'special' many times now by both people representing Nintendo and VGX. If it simply reveals the fact that Cranky Kong is in Tropical Freeze, I'd say that is a fairly justified reason to be disappointed, considering how highly they've talked about what Nintendo plans on showing at this event.

I for one won't get my hopes up unreasonably high, but I'm still anticipating something fairly exciting. And I do think that there is a high possibility that it is going to be Smash-related.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Well then that's your fault for getting your hopes up
Not really. Cranky has already been leaked to be playable in the game, and if they show him off, I will simply be disappointed that the big thing is something that I already know about. And my hopes are not that High. Anything regarding smash, mario kart, X, or Zelda will be enough. Or something like the "reUmagined" rumor,

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'd personally put my money on Super Smash Bros, 'X' or a new Zelda title.
I will be very surprised if it doesn't pertain to any of these.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, it looks like Cranky IS the 4th playable Kong

Does that mean Mii's are going to be playable?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I mean sure, if you want to be overdramatic about it
Ok then, so is that the approach you take to battles too? If I challenge you to a match in Smash 4, would you assume you'll lose so you're not disappointed when I beat you? That's no fun at all.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I disagree.

This announcement has been called 'big', 'important' and 'special' many times now by both people representing Nintendo and VGX. If it simply reveals the fact that Cranky Kong is in Tropical Freeze, I'd say that is a fairly justified reason to be disappointed, considering how highly they've talked about what Nintendo plans on showing at this event.
Hey! Cranky Kong being playable in a DKC game for the first time ever is pretty big, important, and special to me! Though I was personally hoping the fourth playable was going to be Luigi. Oh well...

In any case, perhaps Reggie will double whammy us by revealing that Cranky is playable in Tropical Freeze AND in Smash 4!

Or he could announce a fifth playable character in DKCTP... Rosalina. :troll:

Malion

Smash Ace
lol they should really have tried to shove a luigi kong in there.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
When I first saw all these rumors and Twitter posts, I felt noxious at the idea of Reggie being a considerable possibility. I think some of you may scantly remember an 'anti-character thread' I made about him some time back. But after some deductive reasoning, this Reggie rumor appears to be false.

Exhibit A: Reggie makes a joke about his Final Smash being "My Body Is Ready Slam". No indications, hastags, or links pertaining to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, Sora Ltd., or Masahiro Sakurai.
Exhibit B: Holly Bowen claims that Reggie said Sakurai may considerably add him if the petition for his inclusion gets 100,000 signatures. Holly Bowen may just be paraphrasing things he said in an interview in a way that makes Reggie's 'joke' appear more literal. From her Twitter to her Linkedin page, there are no job titles or listings associated with any of Nintendo's businesses. In later posts after the post detailed above, her wording remains ambiguous, mentioning Reggie "not being serious when he said that."
Exhibit C: Masahiro Sakurai has no word on this matter.

This really all just seems like a publicity stunt to hype people up for VGX. If anything Smash related is shown, we're going to get one or more newcomers from a hardcore franchise. Besides, Reggie vying to get a shameless plug for his cult of personali-meme in a video games is an idea that disgusts me, as funny as it is. We're talking about the guy who's partially responsible for Nintendo's business shortcomings here!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
PEOPLE...it has been proven again and again that Animal Crossing is NOT a casual game, so Villager appeals to the hardcore audience too, most of Animal Crossing's audience is hardcore, actually.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the 4th DCTF character was revealed we all want to know who is the main villian is. I mean more than a few are crossing there fingers for that.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys but I'd be really excited to see Cranky Kong in action. I've been itching to know how the old ape is going to play.

Anyway do you guys honestly believe Reggie is going to reveal something HUGE from Nintendo at the VGX? If it was something that big I'm sure Iwata would announce it globally to everyone and not just the losers watching the VGX.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think that an official confirmation of Cranky Kong in DKC:TF isn't that unreasonable of an expectation. Considering that Nintendo hasn't made any acknowledgement of the leak, it seems that they're just pretending people still don't know.

Still, if that is the "big reveal," it won't be that much of a disappointment. We still haven't seen what Cranky will play like, so it will be good to finally get some more details on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom