• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think X is going to be a system seller simply because it's name

This isn't the 80's, but Japan still thinks calling something X is cool

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
We already know Zelda U is in production and have seen a fancy tech demo. That's enough of an "announcement" for the game to be eligible for an appearance. yeah they said it's going to be shown at E3 2014, but they're perfectly capable of changing their minds of that

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
It's going to be a new character reveal. That character will be Pac-Man. He will be on the classic neon-blue course as his stage. However, the first battle with all four classics, Mega Man, Sonic, Mario, and Pac-Man will be on neutral ground: A Tetris Stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We already know Zelda U is in production and have seen a fancy tech demo. That's enough of an "announcement" for the game to be eligible for an appearance. yeah they said it's going to be shown at E3 2014, but they're perfectly capable of changing their minds of that
The Tech Demo was simply to showcase the Wii Us capabilities, it's not necessarily going to be the art style for the next game. Remember, they said that they were toying around with what kind of art style they wanted to give the next game, which was when they stumpled upon the idea of WW HD.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I checked and there's like 11 world premiers. Reggie's trailer has to be gold to compete with all that mess.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think that's the worst philosophy to live by. Sure there are things that you just shouldn't "expect" to happen, but that doesn't mean you can't hope for the best. Who cares if you are disappointed in the end, for it is not the result that should be satisfying, but the journey filled with hype.
I don't live by this but I am going to be this way towards something as trivial as a video game trailer.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
The Tech Demo was simply to showcase the Wii Us capabilities, it's not necessarily going to be the art style for the next game. Remember, they said that they were toying around with what kind of art style they wanted to give the next game, which was when they stumpled upon the idea of WW HD.
Still, they've openly talked about Zelda U and made several hints towards it. It's not been "announced" in the sense that we actually know anything about the game, but we still know it exists and we still know it's a decent way into development. An announcement for the next Wii U Zelda title wouldn't be completely out of the blue the same way a game we'd never heard of or known was being made prior to the announcement. It's the difference between "Oh hey, it's that game they've been hinting at all this time" and "Oh wow, they were making that?". Zelda is also one of the few titles that could really make a big impact other than Smash Bros. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to happen, especially since it has been announced for E3 2014, but I definitely wouldn't write it off completely like some others are doing

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't live by this but I am going to be this way towards something as trivial as a video game trailer.
I understand, but you never know. If it works for something as simple as a game trailer, who's to say people won't start applying it to everything else.

Calling it: It'll be Bayonette 2 or Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart is a party game, Bayonette is dah hardcore. Prefect audiance for either, and unlike Smash there has already been a playable demo for Mario Kart 8 and it comes out sooner then Smash. Hope I'm wrong but that's what I'm betting on.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Let's just enjoy what ever it is. No sense crying over spilt milk. What ever it is, someone will cry over it, even if it is Smash Brothers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When the final hour comes we can all listen to this

Skull Kid's giving us a lotta mileage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This has really been blown out of proportions, and I'm usually one to like hype.

But really, as far as I see it's most likely just going to be a ranting old monkey.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze would be extremely disappointing it should be Smash Bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if they show DKC Tropical Freeze and announce a DK character for Smash? It could be Diddy Kong or a newcomer from the franchise.

Anyway, I will keep my expectations low.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, I'm back from Mega Man 2 and Castlevania... What did I miss?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Does..Donkey Kong really deserve to be hyped up like this? I'd rather see Zelda.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, isn't that old footage they're using to show off Reggie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom