• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Guys, that video was from another video. Just cause it happens to show DKCTF in the back ground does not mean it's the demo....Alright never mind. I hope it is DKCTF just so you guys can cry more. :rolleyes:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
*cough*

Nintendo, I truly love you. You gave us Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, some of the greatest video games of all time. However, I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say you will pay for your mistake of featuring Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, a game that has no hype whatsoever, over Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and/or 3DS, which has extreme hype. It wouldn't matter which character it is, we just wanted something new. So, I politely tip my hat to you in sarcasm, and wish that you don't smell the chloroform.

Sincerely,
Anonymous Teenager

EDIT: Wait, it's old footage. I forgive you. FOR NOW.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No offense to DK fans out there but Nintendo why show off Tropical Freeze?? It's not a definitive system seller that's gonna generate anywhere close to the amount of hype that Smash 4, Zelda Wii U, or even Mario Kart 8 could.

Lost opportunity IMO... Oh well.

EDIT: Wait there's still hope??

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If it is indeed old footage, well then, I've suddenly got some Mountain Dew at my side. How long? Another hour?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
*cough*

Nintendo, I truly love you. You gave us Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, some of the greatest video games of all time. However, I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say you will pay for your mistake of featuring Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, a game that has no hype whatsoever, over Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and/or 3DS, which has extreme hype. It wouldn't matter which character it is, we just wanted something new. So, I politely tip my hat to you in sarcasm, and wish that you don't smell the chloroform.

Sincerely,
Anonymous Teenager

EDIT: Wait, it's old footage. I forgive you. FOR NOW.
Dear Anonymous Teenager,

Sorry about no Smash. We wanted to... but your bodies weren't ready.

Sincerely,
Reggie

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You know thats just stock footage of a previous GTTV episode Reggie was in recently right?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So...when did everyone go from being hyped about Tropical Freeze to treating it like it's the scum of gaming? I mean I realize that it's a bad choice for that particular awards show and that it's not Smash Bros., but people are acting like promoting Tropical Freeze at an award show no one cared about a week ago is the most disappointing thing Nintendo have done in their entire history.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So...when did everyone go from being hyped about Tropical Freeze to treating it like it's the scum of gaming? I mean I realize that it's a bad choice for that particular awards show and that it's not Smash Bros., but people are acting like promoting Tropical Freeze at an award show no one cared about a week ago is the most disappointing thing Nintendo have done in their entire history.
People are disappointed because the thing they're probably going to be showing off has already been leaked.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Do people not read? It's old footage. Has nothing to do with what happens today.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You know thats just stock footage of a previous GTTV episode Reggie was in recently right?
Welp, sorry, can't say I follow GTTV or anything like that.

Either way, I'm still not going to keep my expectations high.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Cause we've already seen Tropical Freeze gameplay at E3... We want to see something new.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Cause we've already seen Tropical Freeze gameplay at E3... We want to see something new.
We already saw Smash gameplay at E3 too.

Since they have a new character to show off, one who hasn't been playable in a DKC game before, I'm curious to see how Cranky works.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
We already saw Smash gameplay at E3 too.

If you could even call it that... That Megaman vs Mario face off was about as bare bones as you can get. We've seen tons of Tropical Freeze footage already.

But this is a pointless convo considering we still don't know what's in store for us.

D

Deleted member

*gets popcorn ready*
This is gonna be good...
Not the show. What will come after the announcement.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If you could even call it that... That Megaman vs Mario face off was about as bare bones as you can get. We've seen tons of Tropical Freeze footage already.

But this is a pointless convo considering we still don't know what's in store for us.

I want to really see more of Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Toon Link, Olimar and Marth in footage, they didn't show off too much with them.

So, how are you gusy passing the time? I'm playing Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Metroid and a bit of Wind Waker, as well as watching Game Grumps.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
TF has been treated like a red headed step child since it was first revealed. It's probably going to be even better than Returns but people were massively butthurt that Retro wasn't working on Metroid or another Nintendo IP. I'm looking forward to it but, yeah, it's not a very hyped game.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I want to really see more of Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Toon Link, Olimar and Marth in footage, they didn't show off too much with them.

So, how are you gusy passing the time? I'm playing Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Metroid and a bit of Wind Waker, as well as watching Game Grumps.
Playing 3d world with my daughter.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Playing piano for my piano final in class on monday. Yuck :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Laying on the couch, sick as a dog, glued to my computer, playing AA5.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait until it's over, because whether there's a reveal or not, this page is gonna light up with either excitement or complaint.

Obviously, I'd prefer a reveal, but seeing everyone mega upset might be somewhat hilarious.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's gonna be Cranky...

I can feel it, but my hype won't let me calm down...

HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom