• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
passing time reading the boards :p

anyway it's not that we hate dktf it's just that a reveal of cranky kong does not live up to the hype that reggie and them started and to the hype of this event.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's in the pre-play show that starts 15 minutes before it starts?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...when did everyone go from being hyped about Tropical Freeze to treating it like it's the scum of gaming? I mean I realize that it's a bad choice for that particular awards show and that it's not Smash Bros., but people are acting like promoting Tropical Freeze at an award show no one cared about a week ago is the most disappointing thing Nintendo have done in their entire history.
Look, I'm extremely excited about Tropical Freeze. It gives me hope that Retro will continue to revive elements like other Kongs and Kremlings that are important to DK's past. Also, a new ****ing David Wise soundtrack is literally amazing.

However, we've seen enough of TF to make me excited for it. It doesn't need to do a lot to hype me about it. Unlike Smash, Tropical Freeze doesn't need a gratuitous amount of buildup.

So. Yeah. I'm not ok any way unhyped about TF (except for the lack of Kremlings. Ugh.) but now is the time to rehype about Smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, how are you gusy passing the time? I'm playing Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Metroid and a bit of Wind Waker, as well as watching Game Grumps.
Finished my millionth run of both Kirby Squeak Squad and Kirby Super Star Ultra today. Finished Amazing Mirror some days ago too. Might go through Nightmare in Dreamland before I go to Return to Dreamland. In case you haven't figured, I'm doing so in anticipation for Kirby Triple Deluxe, though I'm sure it's still going to take forever for it to come out here in Europe.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I want to really see more of Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Toon Link, Olimar and Marth in footage, they didn't show off too much with them.

So, how are you gusy passing the time? I'm playing Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Metroid and a bit of Wind Waker, as well as watching Game Grumps.
Watching/listening to the GT.TV episode with Tropical Freeze in it.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I want to really see more of Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Toon Link, Olimar and Marth in footage, they didn't show off too much with them.

Playing Smash Bros :awesome:
Also watching an awesome anime movie!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Finished my millionth run of both Kirby Squeak Squad and Kirby Super Star Ultra today. Finished Amazing Mirror some days ago too. Might go through Nightmare in Dreamland before I go to Return to Dreamland. In case you haven't figured, I'm doing so in anticipation for Kirby Triple Deluxe, though I'm sure it's still going to take forever for it to come out here in Europe.
Play Return's to Dreamland as Bandana Dee!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
[quote="APC99, post: 16067858, member: 220813"

So, how are you gusy passing the time? I'm playing Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Metroid and a bit of Wind Waker, as well as watching Game Grumps.[/quote]

Well I wanted to know what shinpichu's avi was, so it looks like i'm watching homestar runnner.... lol some werid stuff...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So...

My new question is:

Who would you rather have be the 4th DKC:TF character: Stay with Cranky, Funky, Kiddy, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, Wrinkly, King K. Rool, DK Junior, who?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So...

My new question is:

Who would you rather have be the 4th DKC:TF character: Stay with Cranky, Funky, Kiddy, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, Wrinkly, King K. Rool, DK Junior, who?
You know, Cranky wouldn't have been my first choice, but now that he's there, I feel that he'll kick ass and should stay.

I want the other Kongs to be NPCs, though. Yes, even DK Junior. That way, we can finally answer the age old question: Is the current DK grown up Junior or is he Junior's son?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So...

My new question is:

Funky would've been my first choice, but now that Cranky is there, I feel he should stay.

I'd like many other Kongs to appear as NPCs or perhaps let some be playable in mini-games at least.

I'd like many other Kongs to make a comeback soon, like Lanky, Chunky, Kiddy, Swanky etc.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How long after it starts do we think the announcement will come? An hour? Two hours?

Wondering if I should stay up or wait until tomorrow morning.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So...

My new question is:

King K. Rool
When it was revealed that there would be a fourth playable character, I instantly thought of K. Rool because that would have been the coolest suprise ever.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Now that I think about it, I'd love to see Wrinkly Kong playable. Being a spirit/ghost, I'm curious as to how Retro would handle her playstyle.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So...

My new question is:

Luigi :awesome:
JK

Cranky, Kiddy and King K Rool were my top 3.
King K Rool was number 1.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How long after it starts do we think the announcement will come? An hour? Two hours?

Wondering if I should stay up or wait until tomorrow morning.
It's guaranteed to be within the first hour, right after some kind of Tomb Raider stuff.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well the pre show thing is gonna start soon

If reggie is lined up first then good, I can just see what it is then stop watching.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That freakin VGX eye thing is creeping me the hell out man :urg:.
It wasn't creeping me out until you called it an eye thing. It's watching us...
The pre-show is starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom