• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recipes!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Does anyone have some really good recipes for like dinner/side dishes?

I'm just looking for something new and different to cook these days and am looking for unique flavors to work with

:)

share share share!

Try an Arabic Coriander Chutney.

1 bunch of coriander leaves
1 bunch of mint leaves
2 green chillies
A little seedless tamarind
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp water

Directions
Wash and soak tamarind in water for 1/2 hour.
Clean, pick and wash the coriander and mint.
Separate pulp from the tamarind. Grind coriander, mint and green chilli into a fine paste. Add the tamarind pulp and salt.
Blend well and serve.

All credits go to Recipes Wiki.

Mum makes this every once in a while, it is quite enjoyable.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Easy Make Mac and Cheese

1. Open cup
2. Fill with water
3. Microwave
4. Put cheese in the cup.

Tadaaa you got Easy Make Mac and Cheese

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
This is an easy dessert that I love.
You will need,
Pudding (chocolate),
Oreos,
and my personal favorite Whipped Cream. I prefer cool whip, Opptional.

Okay first put pudding in bowl, then crumble oreos. Put oreos in pudding. Last but not least put whipped cream on the dessert. Now you have a good bowl of Infinte Pie. P.s. not a real pie, just the name.

day-day

Smash Ace
This is all you need to survive.
You'll need this..
meat drippings.
2 tablespoons of fat
2 tablespoons of flour
1 cup of liquid
It's easiest to make in a bathtub.
Add the flour to the meat drippings. Remember to always use equal amounts of meat drippings and flour. If you use too much flour then it will drown out the taste. Mix well, then turn on the heat. Start with very low heat. Cook it long enough so that the flour is cooked as well. It will soon turn brown and start to bubble. If the flour's not cooked long enough then it will taste raw and ruin the whole thing.
To add the liquid bring the water temp. up before combining. If you put all of the liquid in there at once then it will be lumpy. Put some of the flour/dripping into the liquid to distribute the heat. Slowly add the water and stir continually. After mixing the two be sure to bring it to a boil for a minute or two. the flour is what helps thicken it.
What your making pretty much is...gravy. lol

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
thanks omnicron and...everyone else >_>

i really really really jsut like to cook things.

need moar...real recipies.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
A simple dessert we have around here known as dirt.

All you need is vanilla pudding, crushed oreos and some gummy worms(optional).

Simply cover the top of the pudding with the crushed oreos and place the gummy worms at random areas in the bowl.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lythium better post in here!! I wanna hear some Lythium recipes.

slave1

Smash Lord
i made this thing once.

get chicken. douse it in teriaki sauce. cook it. once or two chicken breasts work the best
cheese. (how much is up to you)
lettuce
ranch
put it all in a tortia (warm up the tortia so it is malleable)

just thought of another. do you dutch oven? cause if you dont this does not work very well. but you can cook some seriously good food in those things

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This ones for day day

1. Buy a toaster
2. Put butter on bread(optional)
3. Put bread in toaster
4. Pull lever down
5. Take toast out
6. If you didnt put butter in step 2 put butter now

Tadaaaa you got BUTTERED TOAST!!!

day-day

Smash Ace
This ones for day day

1. Buy a toaster
2. Put butter on bread(optional)
3. Put bread in toaster
4. Pull lever down
5. Take toast out
6. If you didnt put butter in step 2 put butter now

Tadaaaa you got BUTTERED TOAST!!!

That is without doubt the greatest recipe ever! lol

You might like this one it's french toast.
8 thick slices of white bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter
could add gravy too if you want...
1. Place a slice of bread on a cutting board. Align a chicken shaped cookie cutter into the middle of the bread. Hold it down into the bread while ripping off the outer edges of the chicken. Repeat for the other slices of bread.
2. In a bowl or tub, beat together the eggs, cream, honey, salt, etc. except the butter
3. In a medium frying pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
4. Dip both sides of the chicken in the egg mixture and carefully transfer to the pan. Brown on both sides and repeat for the other chickens. Serve hot with gravy or topping of your choice.

Smash Master
Take crescent rolls. Cut then in half and add mini-hot dogs. Put cheese on top and wrap it like pigs in a blanket. Cook until the crecent rolls get puffy (11 mins at 400 degrees works.) Turst me; it'll warm and clog your heart.

Frown

poekmon
I only have this HUGE recipe (big family, heh). Divide it by as much as you want.

MOM'S SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE

Cut 4 large onions. Fry them in olive oil, and wait for it to get a brown tint. Add 1,6 kg of ground beef and fry it until nothing is raw anymore. Then pour 2 kg of canned tomatoes into the mix. Let it simmer for as long as possible, then add two cloves of garlic, some salt and pepper (depending on how much you prefer) and some sugar, if you want (I never understood this part, but my mom always insists to put some in it).

Also add two spoons of tomato purée, and some white wine. Then for the spice mix.

0,75 dl of basil
0,75 dl of oregano
0,2 dl of rosemary
0,1 dl of marjoram
0,1 dl of thyme

Grind the spices and put them in the mix. Boil 1,5 kg of spaghetti, and serve everything when it's done. The alcohol from the wine has probably evaporated by now.

If you think it's too weak, add some more basil and oregano. I usually do this.

Do not serve with ketchup.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Numbers i know that recipe, it truly is some bomb as ****

more please :)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think Chaco really wanted me to post here. Well, to reward you all, I'll give you my famous cupcake recipe.

Two Egg Pound Cake

This is a very dense, moist cake. You can also add cocoa to it to make it chocolate. It's a very versatile recipe.

2/3 cup butter
1 3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup milk

Beat first four ingredients well with electric beater. Alternate milk and dry ingredients. Beat for two minutes. Bake at 350F.

Makes one 9x13 cake, two 8" round cakes (bake for 30 to 35 minutes), or 24 cupcakes (bake for 15 minutes).

And if you're making cake, you'll need some icing!

Butter Icing

2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp. cream or milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat all ingredients together in bowl until smooth. Add more liquid or icing sugar as needed. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.

Enjoy!

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Ever heard of the show 'Good Eats'? Look it up on Youtube. Almost anything Alton Brown produces is amazing. They're generally very simple dishes, but he teaches how to perfect them. It's really educational in regards to cookware as well, and is also pretty entertaining. Probably the best cooking show in existence. I watch his show when it's on just for fun--seriously. And I never watch T.V.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

rough estimations since i do everything by eye

6 Red Potatoes
1/2 Garlic Bulb
3/4 stick of unsalted butter (cubed small)
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
olive oil

Peel the garlic bulb and peel the cloves. Cover cloves in olive oil and toss. Put it into a baking pan and put it in your broiler for 15 mins. Move them so it can brown on both sides. Or preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cook for 30 mins or until brown.

Wash potatoes and chop into large cubes. I don't peel them since I like the skin on but you could. Boil potatoes in water for 15 to 20 mins or until soft and tender.

Put potatoes, garlic, milk, butter and parmesan in a large bowl and mash and mix until desired consistency. Season with salt and ppper.

If it becomes too watery. Heat the mixture in a pan while mixing and mashing until desired consistency.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Proverbs I have the food network always on in my room when i'm in there :)

YAY lythium recipies :D

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
same here. lol
i was able to meet Giada de Laurentiis and get her autograph on two of my cookbooks. no pics were allowed due to time. =[

Helawat al Jazr (Sweet Cardamomed Carrots)

Ingredients:

1 pound of carrots, peeled and grated to a fine texture
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. of sugar
2 cups low-fat milk or regular, it does not really matter, however the low-fat tastes better.
1/4 tsp. of ground cardamom
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tbsp. of butter
2 tbsp. of flour

Steam the carrots with the sugar, milk, cardamom, and lemon peel for roughly 15 minutes, until the carrots are tender and soft. Pour the mixture into a sift to drain the liquid. Keep the liquid however.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir with the flour. Add the carrots, stirring to coat with the flour mixture, and toss around for 3 or 4 minutes.
Then pour the liquid aquired from the sift onto the current mixture, mix it well for approximately 5 minutes.

Cover with nuts of your choice or raisins, this is optional.

Ah yes, I love this one.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I know how to make a really yummy salsa or tomato sauce for spagetti (...yes i like tomatoes xD)
The salsa just needs as many tomatoes as you can cut up without going overboard (like i did....7 garden tomatoes and 10 vine tomatoes from the grocery store last time >w>)
Get green onions, garlic (i used the minced garlic in the little glass containers from the store), cumin, crushed black pepper, salt, about half a lime, and cilantro. Theres no exact amounts because it varies from person to person on how to make it. But you just put the ingrediants in a container with a lid and let it sit in the fridge for a day. Add other ingredients if you want it spicier or a different taste (my version isnt really too spicy lol).

tha_katz

Smash Rookie
BOMB pesto sauce for pesto pasta

ingredients:
3 c fresh basil
1/2 c chopped walnuts
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1 c olive oil
salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Blend the basil leaves, walnuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese in a food processor, slowly adding olive oil as it's mixing.
2. Stir in salt & pepper.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The number on the back of that Pizza leaflet.

Great recipe, really effort free. :3

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's ****ing amazing. I'm tryign to perfect my sauce though. Not enough flavor.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i thought about this for a while. maybe try some thyme and/or a bay leaf.

i'll put up another recipe soon.

Tonkatsu

1 pork chop
salt
pepper
flour
1 egg
panko bread crumbs
oil for frying

season the pork chop with the salt and pepper. lightly flour the pork chop. dip the chop in beaten egg. put panko bread crumbs. heat the oil. fry the pork for a few mins then turn over and fry the other side for a few minutes. put the pork on a paper towel to drain excessive oil. serve with rice and tonkatsu sauce or curry sauce. or make a sandwich out of it. =D

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hey this is a real nice crunchy dish thats really easy and amazingly tasty.

1 red,green and yellow pepper.
2-3 chicken breasts(sliced)
Piri piri sauce
Diced potatoes(fried)

Basically you just fry everything in a little oil or butter.Then about 5 mins before all the meat and veg is cooked add the piri piri sauce.

Cook the chicken 1st then the potatoes then the peppers last.

Yum!

Top Bottom