• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rebanning stages

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Who cares what they think over at SRK? They have hated us since our inception. We worked for years to get into EVO, finally got there, had the second largest turn out and one of the most hyped finals, then they went to Brawl with items and then Brawl as just a side event without items (that was still the 3rd or 4th most popular event) and now nothing. They won't even go back to Melee even though I'm sure Melee would get great numbers. They hate Smash I think because of a few reason:
-To fluid of a game, doesn't follow the rigid dynamic of fighting games that they are used to
-Separate community that has had more tournaments for just Melee/Brawl in the last 5 years than they have for over a dozen different games
-Successful community that didn't need EVO or their forums to become very successful
-Younger
-Associated with MLG, who they hate for spoiling EVO 2005

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^ How did MLG ruin MLG 2005? And Smash has always been successful at evo why was it removed? The people at SRK don't have any authority over that do they?

Pengie

Smash Lord
It was removed because smashers are just dumb little kids who think that smash is the deepest thing in existence and know nothing of other games. duh.

Like AZ said they never liked smash and they seem to hate everything that isn't made by Capcom (see Guilty Gear).

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
There were a lot of problems regarding players who refused to get off TVs to play friendlies, not to mention a pretty tremendous lack of mature showing on their forums whenever Smash comes up.

Not all of the hate is earned but lots of Smash players frankly act like huge scrubs, complain about everything, don't cooperate, and wonder why things don't work out.

Ever try to run a pool where your players don't show up, wander off instead of playing matches, or insist on sneaking in friendlies? Or how about the self-entitlement of certain pros who think that they deserve to play friendlies, bend rules, and show up late whenever they want because "they won't start without me"?

That said, SRK is NOT homogenous and players seem to hate half the other games on the EVO roster depending on who you ask. And there's also a lot of closed-minded, ignorant statements regarding Smash, like "their defense has no depth because there's no high-low mixup." This ignores shield-stabs, shield pressure, aerials out of shield, wavedashes out of shield, shield grabbing, basic escape options like rolls and dodges, as well as BAITING rolls and dodges to land grabs or KO moves... but no high low so screw that amirite.

Shrug. Both communities do dumb things, IMO.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Actually, i agree. There are much stronger camping options on KJ64 that PF by a long shot. There is a very tall circle where a character can pass above another without the bottom character being able to attack that zone.

In the end it could digresses to a circle comparable to hyrule, where the fastest character will win. The only difference is the barriers aren't solid and there is an alternate "entrance" to the circle via the middle elevator platforms.

Actually, i think the platform height is worse than the circle. I think of it as a peach CP, where she can even time out characters like marth by camping the top platform and floating out of reach.

I'm just speculating though, as i havent seen anything other than connor vs G$ and pink shinobi vs kage?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
There were a lot of problems regarding players who refused to get off TVs to play friendlies, not to mention a pretty tremendous lack of mature showing on their forums whenever Smash comes up.

Not all of the hate is earned but lots of Smash players frankly act like huge scrubs, complain about everything, don't cooperate, and wonder why things don't work out.

Ever try to run a pool where your players don't show up, wander off instead of playing matches, or insist on sneaking in friendlies? Or how about the self-entitlement of certain pros who think that they deserve to play friendlies, bend rules, and show up late whenever they want because "they won't start without me"?

That said, SRK is NOT homogenous and players seem to hate half the other games on the EVO roster depending on who you ask. And there's also a lot of closed-minded, ignorant statements regarding Smash, like "their defense has no depth because there's no high-low mixup." This ignores shield-stabs, shield pressure, aerials out of shield, wavedashes out of shield, shield grabbing, basic escape options like rolls and dodges, as well as BAITING rolls and dodges to land grabs or KO moves... but no high low so screw that amirite.

Shrug. Both communities do dumb things, IMO.
Guilty Gear in 2007 had a much worse showing than Melee did. EVO 2007 Melee had the players generally being well-behaved and showing up for their rounds, etc. while BOTH FINALISTS slept in for the Guilty Gear finals in 2007, which is why GGXX was not on the roster in 2008.

That being said, most smash noobs are really annoying on SRK and are basically the fighting game equivalent of Mormons who pull you over to talk about their religion.

Top Bottom