• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Brawl Choices

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Ridley needs the spot, dark samus is possible (and unique, before he little children start yelling samus clone), i could see a newer FE char being in (any, dont care as long as its somebody)

and again. size doesnt matter.

bowser is a different size in every game, they've scaled him down for melee.

kirby is supposed to be 8 inches tall - which he clearly isnt in melee or SSB or brawl

and for you olimar fans, if you ever say ridley is too big, might i remind you olimar is the size of a quarter? if ridley is too big olimar and kirby are too small.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can see them incorporating lots of Megaman's stolen abilities if he made it in smash. As far Ridley, I can see him being a good partner for Bowser, He's big, [not sure about speed, he's pretty fast in Metroid] and strong plus he's a villian, no such thing as having too many villians [well maybe there is but whatever].

...... I wonder what happened to the rest of my sig -.-

Sensai

Smash Master
The only problem with Ridley is that he seems to have it all; he's fast, he flies, he's heavy, he's strong...

If they put him in there, I don't want them to be go the same route that they did with Mewtwo.

leechy9

Smash Cadet
ya, i know what yall are talking about, its just that capcom and nintendo aren't the best of friends nowdays, and the whole thing with ridley was because he was way too strong like i said above. it seems like he would b unbeatable, but they could do this.

for ridley, they could make him the same size as bowser, and they could give him great speed, attacks, knockoutpower, the whole thing. but they could make it so that it is very hard to combo with him, and that his attacks could knock u far but only do like 5% damage.

just an idea of course

roy_owns

Smash Lord
ya, i know what yall are talking about, its just that capcom and nintendo aren't the best of friends nowdays, and the whole thing with ridley was because he was way too strong like i said above. it seems like he would b unbeatable, but they could do this.

for ridley, they could make him the same size as bowser, and they could give him great speed, attacks, knockoutpower, the whole thing. but they could make it so that it is very hard to combo with him, and that his attacks could knock u far but only do like 5% damage.

just an idea of course
one word... CHEEP!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
What's with the bird noises?

Really, one of Ridleys most glaring weaknesses is his size. He'll likely be the biggest character in the game or at least the same size as Bowser, so he'd be a pretty big target. He's also quite Lanky, so I doubt he'd be that durable either. As Mewtwo demonstrates, being a big target and not being ale to take much damage is definitely a huge weakness. So even if he is powerful and fast, he won't be hugely broken.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
but they could make it so that it is very hard to combo with him, and that his attacks could knock u far but only do like 5% damage.

just an idea of course
That's called making the other characters really really light. It would be awkward to have a move that ***** in knock back but does 5%

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
1. Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
2. Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew.
3. Ashei from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

In regards to Ashei, I'd like Ashei to be a character, because she seems like a real sic character in Twilight Princess, with her armor, sword, and alluring body language. She just doesn't get enough attention in that game, I mean, you don't even see her use her sword. So it would be cool if she was given more of a personality on Brawl, and a sic move set.

Doctor Icarus

Smash Rookie
I honestly hope Sonic does NOT make it into Brawl. Seriously. But for some realistic ones:

Balloon Figher: You have 4 jumps. Recieve enough damage and one balloon pops, and you lose 1 jump. Same thing with the other balloon. Most attacks can be balloon based and weaken when you gain more damage.

Jeff Adonauts: Stronger version of Ness. Replace PK Thunder with a Multibottle Rocket, PK Fire with Slime Generator, PSI Magnet with Anti-PSI Unit, and there you have it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I honestly hope Sonic does NOT make it into Brawl. Seriously. But for some realistic ones:

Balloon Figher: You have 4 jumps. Recieve enough damage and one balloon pops, and you lose 1 jump. Same thing with the other balloon. Most attacks can be balloon based and weaken when you gain more damage.

Jeff Adonauts: Stronger version of Ness. Replace PK Thunder with a Multibottle Rocket, PK Fire with Slime Generator, PSI Magnet with Anti-PSI Unit, and there you have it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
EVIL! evilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevil!!!!

White Dragon Zero

Smash Rookie
Megaman X and Zero.

Capcom hasn't had an amazing game for either of them since Command Mission (??...I may be mistaken) and even though they are somewhat similar to other Smash characters, they would still be great choices.

Megaman has the Buster, yes, but He can still incorporate other weapons from his repertoire...and his somewhat varied forms from most of the games.

Zero...He's just sick. No real strong buster/long range attack to speak of but the Z-Saber is pretty awesome...I know, I know, another Sword character. It would still be pretty cool.

A long shot but....

Axl?

Just a thought...odds are HUGE against him...

Megaman Or Zero...or both.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Zero would actually be VERY original even as a sword user. He has a beam saber. Most of his moveset wouldbe already layed out and, it's ZERO!!! *remembers seeing X7 screenshot and squeeling "It's 3-D and it's got ZERO!!!!"* fond memories of my old obsession with him....

BTW Wolf for Brawl.

nuro

Smash Lord
A few of these are obvious...
Diddy Kong
King Dee Dee
Ike
Sonic (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics kinda sealed the deal on this)

Then we break it down into popular franchises

a random Starfox character/s (Krystal or Wolf O' D)
a random F-Zero (S.Goroh or BlackShadow)
a random Earthbound character/s (Lucas[replace Ness] and/or Flint)
a random Zelda character/s (Wolf/Midna or Vatii)
a random Pokemon character/s
a random Metroid character (Ridley or one of the hunters)
a random Fire Emblem character

Then it goes into old school/untraditional characters

Balloon Fighter
Geno
MacRider
LittleMac
Sukapon

And finally all of the other franchises will simply appear as items or cameos. This includes games such as...

Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
BrainAge
WarioWare

And lastly I think there will be the characters that no one will ever see coming. **cough Mr. Game and Watch**

Link's Uncle
Lolo
MuddyMole
Demiru
Takamaru

Also, I heard that Sakurai's favorite character (or at least one of his favorites) is Sigurd from Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu

Sensai

Smash Master
Miyamoto loves Pac Man. Seeing as how Sakurai was the leader of the developer that made Kirby (and he made him), it's safe to say that he likes Kirby.

However, he's been on record as saying he likes Metaknight more.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm with Sakurai on Meta>Kirby BTW.
Wait... I thought Kirby was his favorite CREATION not overall....

Heegu

Smash Apprentice
I know that i'm kinda repeating what others said before but...

Sonic
Miles Prower/Knuckles (would really like miles because he has been my favorite sonic charater all the time)
Olimar
Diddy Kong (they didn't have him in melee?!?! Also, my favorite Kong)
More villains, like wolf from starfox
Another f-zero charater (don't care who, just add in one, C. Falcon is getting lonely)
Dedede
Many others too but...

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
all these suggestions are starting to sound good for capcom vs (wha? something else now?) you want a good one?

Grill from kirby no kirakira kids. UNEXPECTED ENTRY!

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Realistic Characters....hmmmm

Earthbound - A character from Ness' party (Paula, Jeff, Poo)
- Another Earthbound representitive. Jeff's movelist originality would have the highest possibility out of these three characters.

Super Mario RPG - Geno
- It would bring in a new fighting style [detatchable joints]. Also SMRPG is a highly esteemed RPG for the SNES.

Golden Sun - Isaac
- Would bring in a magic (psynergetic) swordsman, who would wield both magic and sword. This would bring forth many possibilities for his movelist. Golden Sun is considered by many as the greatest RPG that was made for the GBA, and has only appeared on a Nintendo system.

Donkey Kong Country - Diddy Kong
- A lighter, more agile representitive to the Donkey Kong series. Also Diddy is probably the most popular Kong in the game.

Super Metroid - Ridley
- Gives the Metroid series another representitive, and adds another villain. Ridley's size is not an issue, the opening video of SSBM shows this.

What I DO NOT want to see in SSBB:

More Pokemon as Playable Characters - C'mon, how many do they have already?

Paper Mario/Other Mario Variant - He has 2 versions already, a third would be overkill.

WW Link/Wolf Link - Imagine WW Link fighting the current SSBB Link. No explanation needed. The Wolf Link is actually not a bad idea, but sometimes beauty is in simplicity. ^ ~

Sonic/Tails/Knuckles - I love these characters, but find it hard to imagine them fitting into SSBB. They have had some really good games on a Nintendo system (SA2B especially), but I wouldn't it be strange?

Anime Characters - I know that they have like a 0.000001xE17 chance of getting in, but why? I love anime, but this is like oil and water.

THE GAME TURNING INTO A 3RD PARTY SPAM SESSION! - I'm okay with Snake [^ ^ the box is great!], but I would be disappointed if they put in tonnes of 3rd party characters in a whirl of excitement. I don't want to see the game lose its "Nintendoness"...

I could go on and on~

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
My first post !!!! :)

i really want to see Leon Polwaski (probably wrong spelling) from the Starfox games.
Leon is a chameleon of the Starwolf team and is rivals with Falco, and since he is an assassain type chameleon guy with a long tail he would have a unqique moveset as opposed to Wolf and who would just be a heavier clone of Fox.

Leon for Brawl!!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
It's unfair to say that Wolf would be a clone of Fox, or that Leon would NOT be a clone of Falco. After all, Leon is supposed to be the anti-Falco, and Wolf the anti-Fox.

That being said, I really enjoy Leon. He's probably one of my favorite mini-bad guys in any game I've ever played.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think it will most likely be

- Dedede (seriously he was gonna be in the original, he was the top of the polls for melee
and Brawl how is he not in yet!?)
- Ridley (another obvious choice, popular and whatever..)
- Sonic (need i say more)
- Ike (likely contender to replace the Melee FE chars)
- Diddy (should have been in melee)
- Isaac (just wishful thinking *sigh*)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I want Diddy, Ike, and Ridley from your listings...I really can care less for Sonic...(to much hype) And my wishful character would be Skull Kid with Majors Mask, and Tingle...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think it will most likely be

- Dedede (seriously he was gonna be in the original, he was the top of the polls for melee
and Brawl how is he not in yet!?)
- Ridley (another obvious choice, popular and whatever..)
- Sonic (need i say more)
- Ike (likely contender to replace the Melee FE chars)
- Diddy (should have been in melee)
- Isaac (just wishful thinking *sigh*)
This is probably the best list I've seen on here (in accordance with this thread.)
People who will probably make it are

Freddie Murcury
Freddie Mercury for God Tier.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Fine... If Chuck Norris was in the game, he couldn't lose...His only attack would be a Roundhouse kick and would kill you in one hit...if it didn't, the force of it would destroy the stage...
As for Sonic, I like him but has too much hype for this game...watch him not even be good...we all know he'll have a rollout ability and probably something with coins...

Top Bottom