• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Brawl Choices

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm undecided in that matter.

I can see where it would be neat, and I can see why it will probably be done...but then I can also see why it's really lame.

I could stand it so long as the moveset is not customizable. If it's able to be changed and altered, that's the end, as Miis will be broken.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's why I don't like the idea of Miis being in. They are customizable, thus have the potential to be broken. If you can change appearances well no one will really consider as gamebreaking but changing weight, traction, speed, power and even movesets would allow Miis to be broken no matter how they try to limit them.

Anyway, what would be the point? So what, you can change appearances. Big whoop. You can't really take you Miis everywhere [unless you walk with your Wii] and people will john about playing with Miis other than their own.

Mix

Smash Cadet
yeah your right exodus. it would be a great idea if they had customizable everything for miis but if you think about it... somone will figure out the perfect combination and of course everyone else will learn about it then everyone will be playing witht he same old crappy craptastic crap. yeah.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yup, that and the fact that Miis are graphically ugly, it's like poorly done cel-shading.

Oh and dibs on the new John!!! Mii john!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You could save the Miis to your wiimote that your classic controller is attached to and then take that with you. (I'm not condoning Miis as characters in any way, BTW.)

JaySmith

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna be crazy and say that I think Chrono actually stands a massive chance of being in brawl, and it a realistic addition. Why? Because since melee, a new president has taken control of Nintendo, and he's taking massive strides in fixing the problems that Square and Nintendo had in the past. Ever wonder why all the original Final Fantasy games were on nintendo and then they suddenly switched over to playstation? It's because the former president of Nintendo didn't like RPGs and didn't like Square. Now that there's a new guy in charge, Nintendo has had all sorts of Square games produced for it, such as the FF3 remake and the Final Fantasy Tactics games. As well, about 15 games have been announced for nintendo by square, and only about 5 for sony. And whats the most well known Square character to appear on a Nintendo console?

It's Chrono.

Not to mention that Chrono trigger was voted #2 on the best games of all time list on IGN. It's a perfect move for Square to try and re-interest nintendo players in their franchises.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be crazy and say that I think Chrono actually stands a massive chance of being in brawl, and it a realistic addition. Why? Because since melee, a new president has taken control of Nintendo, and he's taking massive strides in fixing the problems that Square and Nintendo had in the past. Ever wonder why all the original Final Fantasy games were on nintendo and then they suddenly switched over to playstation? It's because the former president of Nintendo didn't like RPGs and didn't like Square. Now that there's a new guy in charge, Nintendo has had all sorts of Square games produced for it, such as the FF3 remake and the Final Fantasy Tactics games. As well, about 15 games have been announced for nintendo by square, and only about 5 for sony. And whats the most well known Square character to appear on a Nintendo console?

It's Chrono.

Not to mention that Chrono trigger was voted #2 on the best games of all time list on IGN. It's a perfect move for Square to try and re-interest nintendo players in their franchises.
no. sonic deserves it more than chrono.

Sensai

Smash Master
/agrees with Devas.

It's very possible to get your own Mii into other peoples systems.

And I don't think Sakurai would make it so that they weight/speed/traction was determined by how the user wanted it. I don't think he'd make it so moves were, either, but it kinda worries me.

I.B

Smash Lord
Krystal would be a good addition to the Brawl cast.

1) Another character from the Starfox series(there should be more than just 2).
2) She has a staff that she could use to pwn noobs.
3) She has telepathic powers.

quietmuse

Smash Cadet
well you know simon belmont is a very higly requested character and i just want Wolf O'Donnell

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
it would be completely ******** if they put in krystal instead of wolf

Wolf is totally badass and krystal is lame as all hell.

I think a new pokemon character/new double character(like IC) would be awesome. like Plusle and Minun or something to that effect, I doubt it'd happen but I think it would be pretty cool.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
ALSO, scrapping ganondorf would potentially take away what little good-ness he has. And giving him a sword and projectiles would just make him a big slower fatter heavier link

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never thought of it that way Atom. Good thinking, I wonder how they'll separate him from Link...

I agree that wolf should be in before Krystal, I don't hate her but I don't like her either. She's another good guy which is getting played out a lot in Smash. Last time we had 3 villians:

Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo [and he isn't really a villian]. Now we are getting Metaknight but that's only 1 more villian and 1 of the other villians might not come back, so adding another good guy that isn't that important to the series yet [Krystal] wouldn't be that great when you could easily add 1 of the main villians/rivals in the series. Just as they did with kirby and Metaknight.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Giving Ganon a sword would in no way what-so-ever make him a 'big slower fatter heavier link'. Notice how Ganon doesn't have bombs, bomberangs, arrows, OR a spin attack, just to name a few.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
But they *could* give him magic subtitutes for those projectiles, but that would be super ********, I doubt they'll move Ganon from being a clone of one person to being a clone of another.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
possible choices are,

Lloyd - ToS
Kratos - ToS
Megaman - Megaman
Wolf - Starfox
Kyrstal - Starfox
Daisy - (mario games)
Sonic - Sonic games
Knuckles - Sonic games
Leon Kennedy - Resident evil
Red - Pokemon

those in my mind are the most possible people.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
thats a pretty good list, i think daisy would essentially be a peach clone though. And I still maintain the Mii being a playable character is the worst character idea possible. Like, I'm cringing at the thought of it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Me too WG, me too.

Nice list btw, the only question marks I'd place would be on Kunckles and Daisy. Everybody else is tolerable [krystal] or cool[wolf].

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He means Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Unless you mean Kratos isn't first party, then I understand.

Kratos is in my sig.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I haven't watched any, I'll have to look for it. The game's story is good so the anime must be good. The voice acting is some of the best I've seen in recent times.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^^ you probably mistook me... the anime is still in development but I have seen a really quick peek in Japanese. Still, look it up for some stuff about it... it sounds good.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I think that Bomberman is one of the most realistic and deserving characters (next to Sonic, etc.) He has all the moves, background, and popularity in Japan and US, to be in this game.

Others will have to wait in line.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I think that Bomberman is one of the most realistic and deserving characters (next to Sonic, etc.) He has all the moves, background, and popularity in Japan and US, to be in this game.

Others will have to wait in line.
No it goes

1.Sonic
2.Diddy Kong
3.Krystal
4.Ridley
5.Wolf
6.Ike
7.Bomber Man

insobias

Smash Rookie
the onyl realistic choices are captain syrup and slippy toad, all else is probsably just guesses, but I knwo that rideley and ice climbers were confirmed

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I doubt it, that news is probably fake. Toad isn't a realistic choice either, what's he gonna do? Heabutt everything?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
maybe paper mario, they released Super paper mario not too long ago, and with pixls, partners and paper powers (haha) it would actually be fun to play. The chance isn't the best but not even close to impossible.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
maybe paper mario, they released Super paper mario not too long ago, and with pixls, partners and paper powers (haha) it would actually be fun to play. The chance isn't the best but not even close to impossible.
Thats a great idea .. lol i played all three of them they are good and he would work in brawl

jabu jabu from ocarina of time. hes a big fish, he would own.
yes but jabu jabu is too large and he is not even close to a realistic choice

although he should DEFINITELY be featured in or AS a level

leechy9

Smash Cadet
i just hope they will still have falco and marth in there. but i think a few good choices are:

1. medusa- from kid icarus (pit's game)
2. waluigi- from wario games
3. blaziken- from pokemon ruby and saph (just cause they always have a new pokemon)
4. mew- pokemon (just a hunch that i got)
5. krystal- starfox assault and starfox adventures

i also believe that sonic will not make it. i also think that snake is a terrible addition to the game, it used to be cartoony but now everyone and their grandma will play with him cause they think hes the best. i will get sick of snake real fast.

leechy9

Smash Cadet
sorry but i doubt that mega man or ridley will b in there. just because ridley is too huge and would be too hard to fit into the game somehow (atk's speed etc.) and that megaman will just sorta be a copy of samus, and that he wouldnt have many diff atk's besides his blaster and booster.

Sensai

Smash Master
Leechy9, my friend, you just made enemies with just about everyone on this forum, haha.

No, I'm not one of them. I'm going to be reasonable and explain both of your inaccuracies concerning Ridley and Megaman. It's quite simple, really...

For Ridley, you note size. To this, I ask you to recollect how big Kirby is. Now, look at Bowser. How big is he supposed to be?

For Megaman: Give me one thing beside the blaster that is similar about Samus and Megaman. That's the best way I can explain that.

BlackWhiteOrange

Smash Cadet
lol. Bowser is supposed to be about twice mario's size (though in Mario Sunshine he was gigantic.) Ridley is actually not that much bigger than Samus, about twice her size. He would make a great addition to Smash Bros' collection of famous bad guys (Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf).

As for megaman, he is barely similar to Samus, is very well known, and has a HUGE repertoire of moves which could be included in the game, some of them melee attacks (beam sword anyone?) The only reason to doubt megaman's inclusion in Brawl is that Nintendo has a history of underestimating America/Europe/Australia and I think megaman mgiht fall under their definition of a character that only Japanese people would get.

For realistic characters, I would like to think that Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) is a possibility, and also a hunter from MPH.

Top Bottom