• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Brawl Choices

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I think if Sonic makes it, then Tails or Knuckles should as well. Maybe even Amy. :/ She does have a hammer after all.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Shadow > Knuckles > Sonic, so I say no to Amy and Tails, because they're in a different inequality altogether.

Sensai

Smash Master
Shadow first? SHADOW? As in, the Sonic that's his 'dark side'? C'mon...it's the most cliched thing in the book. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize, but if it is...doom on you.

Knuckles I can see, as he's a cool character. Sonic gets the first spot, but Knuckles has a close race with Tails for second.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Knuckles the Echidna in a close race with MILES?? No way. Plus, Shadow was completely Luigified with his new gun. Furthermore, "Chaos Control" makes Shadow... awesome.

Case in point.

Sensai

Smash Master
The fact is that he's still just a rehashed 'dark side' of the protagonist, Sonic.

And Tails isn't exactly a cool character, but he's been there since the beginning. Like...y'know, at the beginning. When the games were actually good.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I'd say that both Tails and Knuckles stand a fair chance. Both have proven they can kick butt! ^_^ They would have awesome recovery skills, cuz Tails can fly and Knucles can glide. Shadow wouldn't be that bad of a choice either, but I like to go back to basics. Those three are classic characters!

Braderick

Smash Rookie
If they dropped Knuckles in there they could do some interesting stuff, like shortening his glide but when he hit a wall with it he gets to climb it like in all of the games he's in. That would own to see Knuckles punch climbing all the way up the map's wall as a recovery.

And by the way, Earthworm Jim ftw!

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
Would like to see (and I think they have a chance):

Ike: A new, quite popular (I suppose) FE-char, why not?

Ganondorf , with sword moveset(TP): To replace the CF-clone, would also be a über-h4X character too play/ play against.

Wolf O'Donnel: Why not?

Lucario: New legendary Fighting pokemon, which can make imba blue balls and kick. ¨perfect¨ for Brawl.

Dr. Crygor (from Wario Ware): They can do so much with this character. So many opputunities, since he invent things, he would also fit much better in than many of the other Wario Ware-chars.

Sure its more, but cant think of it ATM....

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Would like to see (and I think they have a chance):

Ike: A new, quite popular (I suppose) FE-char, why not?

Ganondorf , with sword moveset(TP): To replace the CF-clone, would also be a über-h4X character too play/ play against.

Wolf O'Donnel: Why not?

Lucario: New legendary Fighting pokemon, which can make imba blue balls and kick. ¨perfect¨ for Brawl.

Dr. Crygor (from Wario Ware): They can do so much with this character. So many opputunities, since he invent things, he would also fit much better in than many of the other Wario Ware-chars.

Sure its more, but cant think of it ATM....
arrgh, in Melee everyone was ralking about Toad. Why is it he's never discussed on Brawl chareacter disscutions? Toad would be great for Brawl

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Now remember,this guys don't necessarily rep who I want in there.

Top ten most likely(no order) And don't necessarily rep who I want in there.

1.Diddy Kong
2.Krystal
3.Kind Dedede
4.Wolf
5.Midna
6.Toad(I don't why,I can just SEE him as a playable character for some reason)
7.Lucario Or Deoxys
8.Ike
9.Balloon Fighter
10.Mach Rider

If at least six of these guys don't make it,I'll be shocked!

Possible ones(no order):

1.Captain Olimar
2.Megaman
3.Ridley
4.Samurai Goroh
5.K.Rool
6.Raichu(I REALLY don't want him,but I can't shake this feeling..)
7.Paper Mario

Long Shots(mainly those I'd really like to see,and might have small chance as well):
1.Bomberman
2.Pac-man
3.Laughing Dog
4.Mii
5.ROB
6.An Animal Crossing character(as much I don't like,there just too **** popular)
7.An Earthbound character
8.Geno
9.Bowser Jr.
10.Wind Waker Link(replacing Young Link,probably)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Now remember,this guys don't necessarily rep who I want in there.

Top ten most likely(no order) And don't necessarily rep who I want in there.

1.Diddy Kong
2.Krystal
3.Kind Dedede
4.Wolf
5.Midna
6.Toad(I don't why,I can just SEE him as a playable character for some reason)
7.Lucario Or Deoxys
8.Ike
9.Balloon Fighter
10.Mach Rider

If at least six of these guys don't make it,I'll be shocked!

Possible ones(no order):

1.Captain Olimar
2.Megaman
3.Ridley
4.Samurai Goroh
5.K.Rool
6.Raichu(I REALLY don't want him,but I can't shake this feeling..)
7.Paper Mario

Long Shots(mainly those I'd really like to see,and might have small chance as well):
1.Bomberman
2.Pac-man
3.Laughing Dog
4.Mii
5.ROB
6.An Animal Crossing character(as much I don't like,there just too **** popular)
7.An Earthbound character
8.Geno
9.Bowser Jr.
10.Wind Waker Link(replacing Young Link,probably)
Ther is NO WAY Captain Olimar is gona make it. Bowser Jr. has a better chance of making it than Paper Mario. Maybe if you use Pikachu for a whole bunch of matchs it'll evlove into Riachu (but you can still use Pikachu).

Sensai

Smash Master
Why is there no way Olimar will make it? In fact, I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that he WILL be in, being the only IP born on the GC (Animal Crossing was on the 64 in Japan).

Paper Mario and Bowser Jr...dunno, really. Neither one is a long shot. I'd expect Bowser Jr too, though, just because Bowser's so...on one end of the spectrum. We've already got enough Mario mayhem in there...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
arrgh, in Melee everyone was ralking about Toad. Why is it he's never discussed on Brawl chareacter disscutions? Toad would be great for Brawl
We used to discuss Toad all the time, but then we all got tired of saying the same things over an over again.

Also. Olimar could make it in. It's at least a possibility, seeing as how it's a Miyamoto IP, as well as being the only IP born of the GC.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I don't think so, ya know on Pikmen? C. Olimar was helpless with out his little Pikmen. In fact that what they should do! They should make a Pikmen item and u can throw it at people (replacing Mr. Saturn)!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think so, ya know on Pikmen? C. Olimar was helpless with out his little Pikmen. In fact that what they should do! They should make a Pikmen item and u can throw it at people (replacing Mr. Saturn)!
So? When has that ever stopped anyone. Peach is helpless without Turnips and an Umbrella, Zelda was helpless without magic, Link is routinely helpless when he's rendered without a sword. Pikmin are Captain Olimar's weapons, and he could use them to spectacular effect in Brawl. Making an item would just cheapen them.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Captain Olimar isn't helpless...He can punch the crap out of stuff. He even gets this awesome karate combo in the second that really jacks fools up.

Sensai

Smash Master
/agreed

Olimar is, in my opinion, a shoe-in. He'll definitely be in there in some form or another.

Seriously guys. They threw in Nintendogs...I have faith Olimar'll make it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
So? When has that ever stopped anyone. Peach is helpless without Turnips and an Umbrella, Zelda was helpless without magic, Link is routinely helpless when he's rendered without a sword. Pikmin are Captain Olimar's weapons, and he could use them to spectacular effect in Brawl. Making an item would just cheapen them.
Captain Olimar isn't helpless...He can punch the crap out of stuff. He even gets this awesome karate combo in the second that really jacks fools up.
hehe you guys are right GO OLIMAR
/agreed

Olimar is, in my opinion, a shoe-in. He'll definitely be in there in some form or another.

Seriously guys. They threw in Nintendogs...I have faith Olimar'll make it.
Good to see that some people appreciate how original and awesome Captain Olimar is. Believe it or not, alot of people on the "Bottom five picks for Brawl" have included him in their lists.

Sensai

Smash Master
He might. He and Bowser Jr. have some of the higher probabilities going in...

Save my main man Olimar! HELLZ JEAH!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I say Bomberman is reasonable and realistic. He's been in the video game universe for years dating back to the 80s. Hudson is still out there making games like Bomberman Land Touch for the DS, and they ought to be on good terms with Nintendo if they've been allowed to feature TurboGrafix games on the Virtual Console.

Give me Bomberman or give me DEATH.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Realistic? King DDD, Ridley, Captain Olimar, krystal &/or wolf, Deoxy, Ike &/or Sothe, Zant, Sonic, Megaman

all melee fighters that are still uncomfimed, with the exception of PICHU, young link, Dr. Mario & Roy

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Realistic? King DDD, Ridley, Captain Olimar, krystal &/or wolf, Deoxy, Ike &/or Sothe, Zant, Sonic, Megaman

all melee fighters that are still uncomfimed, with the exception of PICHU, young link, Dr. Mario & Roy
Couple of things. It's spelled King DEDEDE. What does everone have against Roy? Roy_owns!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Couple of things. It's spelled King DEDEDE. What does everone have against Roy? Roy_owns!
I really don't have "anything against roy" just because I don't think he'll be in brawl.
and here's why I think why. There are alot of other fire emblem characters who could be in brawl, and more than likely they're going to be from the new Fire Emblem that is coming out for the Wii, with the exception of Marth (the FIRST fire emblem lord, and only lord to have 2 fire emblem games) I just don't see Roy coming back.......and "DDD" is only short form :ohwell: i KNOW how it's spelt :p

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Ridley
Dark Samus (with it's own unique moveset)
[insert some Pokemon characters here]
Sonic
Knuckles-bit of a stretch though...
Midna-real good chance Midna will be in Brawl

FireBomb

Smash Lord
In FireBomb Land, we have faith in the doubtfuls and pronouce King Dedede the Mencia way.
I don't know why Olimar keeps slipping my mind, being a very reasonable choice. Maybe it's the fact that he's as tall as a quarter, but I'm sure someone can fix that.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

We will?

And FireBomb, so is Kirby. Kirby's very very short, also.

And Geno's not on any of the lists because he's not exactly a realistic choice...

[Edit:]

Figured I should clarify.

He's not as realistic as others, such as Sonic or Olimar. It's just easy to talk about the easy ones, especially since they'll probably be in.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Geno really could go either way, just like any possible 3rd party character IMO, which is why I don't think people see him as a realistic choice (I'm assuming realistic = very likely as opposed to a character that has a shot). The only real exception is Sonic, just because it'd be stupid for either party to let such an opportunity go.

Really, I see the most realistic choices as DeDeDe, Ike, Diddy and Krystal, with Ridley also quite realistic. You could probably say Olimar too really, as there isn't any good reason not to have him, though he doesn't strike as realistic as the others.

Ltork

Smash Cadet
There are some that I think have a nice shot that I would love to see in Brawl.

Wolf
Baby Bowser
Lloyd Irving(We need a dual weilding swordsman. Aside from Pit but I think those are like.. miny daggers)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
There are some that I think have a nice shot that I would love to see in Brawl.

Wolf
Baby Bowser
Lloyd Irving(We need a dual weilding swordsman. Aside from Pit but I think those are like.. miny daggers)
We don't need dual swordmen we need less sword men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Like Roy, by any chance? Honestly, a dual swordsman would actually be a good idea, seeing as most people's complaint about them is that they may become too similar. You wouldn't have that problem with a dual swordsman.

However, I wouldn't say Lloyd is a very realistic choice. The tales series is largely based on the Playstation, and there are a lot of other Namco characters that have a shot as well as Lloyd.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Watch the trailers and look at Metaknight and think about what he could do. THAT'S imbalanced, THAT'S potential.

And if you had told me Mewtwo would be in Melee before it came out, I would've said the same thing about him...

Top Bottom