• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Brawl Choices

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Mine is simple...
Megaman<--Capcom owes Nintendo a favor. If Megman was released on the Turbo Master sysytem he would gain no popularity.

Sonic<---He is already going to be in that Olympic game throw him in.

Ridley<--You can shrink Bowser you can shrink him too.

Someone from FE<---Don't know don't care who it is.

Diddy<--You have DK why not Diddy but just Diddy.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Mine is simple...
Megaman<--Capcom owes Nintendo a favor. If Megman was released on the Turbo Master sysytem he would gain no popularity.

Sonic<---He is already going to be in that Olympic game throw him in.

Ridley<--You can shrink Bowser you can shrink him too.

Someone from FE<---Don't know don't care who it is.

Diddy<--You have DK why not Diddy but just Diddy.
The Olympics Game is after Brawl and will be their first game.

Bowser was always that size.
It's called Super Mushrooms.

Assunder

Smash Rookie
I have been thinking of lots of characters for Brawl, and all of them have been realistic choices. Heres some of the better ones I've thought of.

Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare- These guys are shorter and fatter than Fox and Falco, so they can have less aerial prowess and more projectile attacks. I hope they make it, because it would be cool to have the entire Star Fox team in Brawl.

Toad- This guy should have been in since Melee as his own character, not Peach's reflector/counter. He was the most powerful character in Super Mario Bros. 2, so he can be like a powerful lightweight character.

King Dedede- There aren't enough Kirby characters and there aren't enough heavyweights so he would be perfect to fill both roles.

Birdo- She can be sort of like Yoshi only slower and stronger.

Waluigi- I can't really think of how he would play, but I have a feeling he might make it.

Some new Fire Emblem Characters- I think It would be cool to have a character that wields an axe and another that wields a lance.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles- I think Sonic is very likely to be in Brawl since i've heard of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games I am almost positive. I think there is a good chance of Tails and Knuckles joining him.

Diddy Kong- From what I know, Donkey Kong in Melee is the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong Country. It only makes sense to include Diddy.

Zant and Midna- Link in Brawl looks like Twilight Princess Link, so why not have more characters from the game.

New Ganondorf- They should scrap the Ganon from Melee and give him his custom sword and magical projectile attacks.

Koopa Troopa and Paratroppa- I thought they should be in Brawl, but they are both similar. So I figure that should a team like the Ice Climbers. You control Koopa Troopa, and their Up-B would involve Paratroopa saving you.

Liquid Snake and Cyborg Ninja- Since Snake is in Brawl, Liguid and Cyborg Ninja could be a possibility.

Ridley- There aren't enough Metroid characters, so Ridley would be perfect.

Windwaker Link- He should replace Young Link.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Actually Bowser was rather large in SM64. They just shrunk him down, if Sonic is going to appear on the Olympic games..Wouldn't make sense to put him Brawl to promote the game?
Not if what they said in the interview is true.

Bowser is always larger than Mario.

I have been thinking of lots of characters for Brawl, and all of them have been realistic choices. Heres some of the better ones I've thought of.

Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare- These guys are shorter and fatter than Fox and Falco, so they can have less aerial prowess and more projectile attacks. I hope they make it, because it would be cool to have the entire Star Fox team in Brawl. And are the most worthless characters for Brawl.

Toad- This guy should have been in since Melee as his own character, not Peach's reflector/counter. He was the most powerful character in Super Mario Bros. 2, so he can be like a powerful lightweight character.And has done nothing for the Mario series except be a major annoyance. Geno is clearly a better choice.

King Dedede- There aren't enough Kirby characters and there aren't enough heavyweights so he would be perfect to fill both roles.He was already requested for the game.

Birdo- She can be sort of like Yoshi only slower and stronger.Fillers don't go in Brawl.

Waluigi- I can't really think of how he would play, but I have a feeling he might make it. Filler Character.

Some new Fire Emblem Characters- I think It would be cool to have a character that wields an axe and another that wields a lance. Marth,Ike,Lady Lyndis.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles- I think Sonic is very likely to be in Brawl since i've heard of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games I am almost positive. I think there is a good chance of Tails and Knuckles joining him. The Olympics game hinders his chances. Especially if what they said in the interview is true.

Diddy Kong- From what I know, Donkey Kong in Melee is the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong Country. It only makes sense to include Diddy.No argument here.

Zant and Midna- Link in Brawl looks like Twilight Princess Link, so why not have more characters from the game.Why? Wolf Link has a Transformation isn't good enough for you?

New Ganondorf- They should scrap the Ganon from Melee and give him his custom sword and magical projectile attacks.They should scrap Ganondorf. And add Ganon the True villian of Zelda.

Koopa Troopa and Paratroppa- I thought they should be in Brawl, but they are both similar. So I figure that should a team like the Ice Climbers. You control Koopa Troopa, and their Up-B would involve Paratroopa saving you.Common Enemies. Sakurai said no Common enemies.

Liquid Snake and Cyborg Ninja- Since Snake is in Brawl, Liguid and Cyborg Ninja could be a possibility.Snake only. Only one rep from each Third Party except Microsoft.

Most requested Metroid Character BTW.

Windwaker Link- He should replace Young Link.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord

Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare- These guys are shorter and fatter than Fox and Falco, so they can have less aerial prowess and more projectile attacks. I hope they make it, because it would be cool to have the entire Star Fox team in Braw
l.

Toad- This guy should have been in since Melee as his own character, not Peach's reflector/counter. He was the most powerful character in Super Mario Bros. 2, so he can be like a powerful lightweight character.

King Dedede- There aren't enough Kirby characters and there aren't enough heavyweights so he would be perfect to fill both roles.

Birdo- She can be sort of like Yoshi only slower and stronger.

Waluigi- I can't really think of how he would play, but I have a feeling he might make it

Some new Fire Emblem Characters- I think It would be cool to have a character that wields an axe and another that wields a lance.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles- I think Sonic is very likely to be in Brawl since i've heard of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games I am almost positive. I think there is a good chance of Tails and Knuckles joining him.

Diddy Kong- From what I know, Donkey Kong in Melee is the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong Country. It only makes sense to include Diddy.

Zant and Midna- Link in Brawl looks like Twilight Princess Link, so why not have more characters from the game.

New Ganondorf- They should scrap the Ganon from Melee and give him his custom sword and magical projectile attacks.

Koopa Troopa and Paratroppa- I thought they should be in Brawl, but they are both similar. So I figure that should a team like the Ice Climbers. You control Koopa Troopa, and their Up-B would involve Paratroopa saving you.

Liquid Snake and Cyborg Ninja- Since Snake is in Brawl, Liguid and Cyborg Ninja could be a possibility.

Windwaker Link- He should replace Young Link
Those I will accept. The others are a long shot. WWLink is young Link just another version.

No on Minda, Zant is cooler and basically the villain of TP.

Waluigi just sucks and so do Peppy and Slippy. Koopa and Para? Tell you are not spamming...they are in Melee use them for something useful.

No on either the Liquid and Cyborg...give me that Psycho Mantis.

Only Sonic k thx.

Assunder

Smash Rookie
If Slippy and Peppy are useless, than how come people seem to think otherwise about Krystal and Star Wolf ?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well one they are different characters. However they also fill out two archetypes in their series (Love interest and villain) while Slippy and Peppy are both sidekicks, a role Falco already fulfills. That and I think more people can imagine Krystal and Wolf brawling more than those two.

Edit: Wolf isn't that new, though he is enjoying a lot of screen time at the moment which I'm sure has boosted his popularity.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I think there should be a girl character for each franchise

Mario- Peach
LOZ- Zelda
Kirby- ??? Is there even any girl characters for the Kirby series?
Pokemon- Misty lol
D.K.- Dixie Kong
F- Zero- Jody Summer
Starfox- KRYSTAL
EarthBound- Paula
Ice Climber- Nana (They can be separate)
Metroid- Samus :p
Game & Watch: Mrs. Game & Watch :D
Fire Emblem: That girl that rides the horse with red hair on POR (I forget her name)

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
I think there should be a girl character for each franchise

Mario- Peach
LOZ- Zelda
Kirby- ??? Is there even any girl characters for the Kirby series? Well...There is Ribbon...But that was Kirby 64.Pokemon- No no no no...Pokemon only. No Humans. Buneary loves Pikachu.D.K.- Dixie Kong or Candy Kong.
F- Zero- Jody Summer
Starfox- KRYSTAL
EarthBound- Paula
Ice Climber- Nana (They can be separate)
Metroid- Samus :p
Game & Watch: Mrs. Game & Watch :D Not by a long shot.
Fire Emblem: That girl that rides the horse with red hair on POR (I forget her name)Lady Lyndis?
My commets are in the bolded.

agent_918

Smash Cadet
The skull kid from Majora's Mask. I can really easily imagine him in there.
Actually I have a feeling he may be.

His appearance in Twilight Princess was very frustrating. I could never figure out where he went. :p My choices:

Sonic - Tons of people want him, the new Olympics game, and that Mario and Sonic were resepecful rivals back in the days of the old; it would be foolish not to include him

Captain Olimar - He controls an army of colorful anthropomorphic plant-like creatures. What else do you need (besides starring in two great GC games)?

Midna - She's awesome. Twilight Princess was (and still is) a smash hit and she was the second main character. SHe was also voted best new character of 2006 by the readers of Nintendo Power.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
The skull kid from Majora's Mask. I can really easily imagine him in there.
Actually I have a feeling he may be.

His appearance in Twilight Princess was very frustrating. I could never figure out where he went. :p My choices:

Sonic - Tons of people want him, the new Olympics game, and that Mario and Sonic were resepecful rivals back in the days of the old; it would be foolish not to include him

Captain Olimar - He controls an army of colorful anthropomorphic plant-like creatures. What else do you need (besides starring in two great GC games)?

Midna - She's awesome. Twilight Princess was (and still is) a smash hit and she was the second main character. SHe was also voted best new character of 2006 by the readers of Nintendo Power.
The Olympics game hinders his chances considering what was said in the Interview.

Midna - Too minor.
Captain Olimar - Was never all that popular in Japan.
Skull Kid -Minor Character.

Sensai

Smash Master
Angry Sun, this might sound harsh, but have you even freakin' loaded up Twilight Princess?

Yes? Have you played it at any length at all? Midna is far from minor...she's a huge character with excellent backstory (for a Zelda game). That being said, I sitll don't think she'll be in there. She's too dependent on Link, unless you SPOILER THAT I'M NOT GOING TO SAY BUT IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAME YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

And Cpt. Olimar has my number one vote for Brawl, next to Geno. I just think he'd be an absurdly different character with a weird and off-beat playstyle, similar to Ness, Mewtwo, Samus, and, to an extent, Peach.

Also, I'm not sure what you're meaning when you say that the Olympics game hurts Sonic chances...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Angry Sun, this might sound harsh, but have you even freakin' loaded up Twilight Princess?

Yes? Have you played it at any length at all? Midna is far from minor...she's a huge character with excellent backstory (for a Zelda game). That being said, I sitll don't think she'll be in there. She's too dependent on Link, unless you SPOILER THAT I'M NOT GOING TO SAY BUT IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAME YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

And Cpt. Olimar has my number one vote for Brawl, next to Geno. I just think he'd be an absurdly different character with a weird and off-beat playstyle, similar to Ness, Mewtwo, Samus, and, to an extent, Peach.

Also, I'm not sure what you're meaning when you say that the Olympics game hurts Sonic chances...
Igagine Midna using her Ancestors power on Brawl!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

Yes? Have you played it at any length at all? Midna is far from minor...she's a huge character with excellent backstory (for a Zelda game). That being said, I sitll don't think she'll be in there. She's too dependent on Link, unless you SPOILER THAT I'M NOT GOING TO SAY BUT IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAME YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT."

I agree with you(If you haven't bought, do so to wait for Brawl)... I definitely don't consider Midna a minor(BUY THE GAME TO FIND OUT WHY)but I don't see Midna getting in it...

As for Olimar, Yes(and Sonic's olympic game doesn't hurt him)!

Lutz

Smash Cadet
I really want Lucario to be the new pokemon fighter, he is a fighting pokemon/steel, and for a fighting game I am suprised they haven't put in a fighting base pokemon, hes part of the new 4th gen, and probably the most popular as of now, he has his own anime movie, what do ya all think?

as for a third party character I would like to see Black Mage from the first FF games and so on, FF games are very popular and started on Nintendo! Square-Enix is even looking back on Nintendo again, in the new Mario Basketball game for the DS, Mario Hoops 3on3 some FF characters are playable! one being the Black Mage! so come on!!!! :)

CHUK

Smash Ace
I THINK a certain (jiggly)puff ball will make the cut, first person you unlock...

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, I always thought Boshi would be a cool one to see. Him, Lyn, and Wolf are the only ones I want in Brawl, and if you ask me, I think they are pretty reasonable.
I don't want black mages/generic characters. Waste of space, to me, I'd rather have it filled with a more specific character.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As much as I hate to say it, Presea isn't that realistic. She's 3rd party and she isn't that important in the ToS plot. LLoyd or Kratos would make it in before her, and their chances are low as well. I only put her and the other ToS characters in my sig to make it look good.

Top Bottom