• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Roster FINALLY leaked? or new prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't give 2 f***s about whats on the starting roster or any of that box art crap (reallly, I will never understand why people care soo much about the staring roster. . .They could have Mario and Kirb as the only starting characters and I wouldn't mind).

I say it fake cause I have no reason to believe it's real. We are getting to a point where scans of the game guld soon be popping up soon so I don't believe jack with out a Pic to back it up. . .

Boofer

Smash Ace
Well, I was interested in the size of the starting roster because I figured it could hint at the amount of unlockables. That was before there was a chance of actually knowing all of the characters in the game though. Now I don't really care because we'll know them all soon.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
FALSE. The starting roster has been confirmed by a Nintendo representative at WHobby08 to have MORE than 16 characters.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
No this is actually fake even Sakurai showed a video of Sonic joining Mario's team in SSE that means Sonic's unlockable in SSE! :O

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
the roster itself is beleivable, the source isnt at all, since youko asid on the podcast "one of these weeks we are going to get the full roster leak" everyone has been making fake topics, its too late, now we just have to wait for jan 24

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I have not seen this anywhere. Care to link?
i'm going through my translation sources to see if there was a mistranslation error since the source is a japanese site. no reason to lie since he stated character impressions of Dedede.

btw, nothing leaked onto gamefaqs is true.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
He also listed many characters in the SSE like Zelda, Meta, Peach and Pit they have a very high chance of being starting to me.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
This does not follow the box art at all.. They wouldn't have Pokemon Trainer on the box art if he wasn't in the starting roster. FAKE

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't buy into any info not released by Nintendo or an actual reputable source. However you should consider that possibility that Brawl will have very few starters due to the complexity and character involvement in SSE.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the fact that some of the melee characters are nowhere seen in the cut section leaves me to believe it's fake.

oh wait, one more thing...

PIKACHU IS NOWHERE ON THE LIST!!

obviously a half-a**ed attempt at a fake roster if he can't even put characters already CONFIRMED on the list

total bull-s***

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
lmao megaman=win, but the rest of it just fails. I would laugh pretty hard if this was the final roster

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i doubt these guys are unlockable. Pokemon Trainer is on the box and the commercial.

and what's with the lack of Ryu? XD

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I can believe the small roster because of the size and complexity of the Subspace Emissary, as one pointed out.

I can believe that Ness and Roy are not on the cut characters list because they are alternate costumes for Lucas and Marth.

However, I cannot believe that this person is a reliable source for information, and that we'll see in 10 days anyway. I would say he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but in 10 days none of this will matter.

Edit: Perhaps I should clarify that while there could be reasons for the omissions and the small roster, I don't believe it one bit.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I agree. The benefit of doubt must always be given to ANY "leak". That said... Game FAQs. No Proof. Omits characters we're already aware of. Forgets to include characters he didn't mention in the cut characters list.

This is sloppy and obvious.

But then again, I've stood up for all the fakes, and now that I shoot this one down, it'll probably be true.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
The only thing I can say is iffy about this is that Captain Falcon, who has been LITERALLY NOWHERE on the DOJO aside from the Samurai Goroh AT update...is a starter? When Pit isn't?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I would personally rather start with very few characters, I like the idea of building up the roster from very little.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I would personally rather start with very few characters, I like the idea of building up the roster from very little.
Me too. I think it would be interesting if all you got was Mario, and the Subspace mode. From there, the game unfolds into a massive...unfolding...thing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
the fact that some of the melee characters are nowhere seen in the cut section leaves me to believe it's fake.

oh wait, one more thing...

PIKACHU IS NOWHERE ON THE LIST!!

obviously a half-a**ed attempt at a fake roster if he can't even put characters already CONFIRMED on the list

total bull-s***
PWNED! :laugh:

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Geno is not in the game, I already know this because of the information I know.
This roaster is a fake to me just because of that.

Razo

Smash Rookie
my take:

"hey man, you know what?"

"what?"

"can you believe it, its been almost a year of updates and an even longer time since we first knew about brawl, and in almost a week we'll know everything there is to know, no more speculation."

"you point exactly?"

"that means we only have a week left to post wild rumours and hoaxes!"

"good idea!"

and thus this thread was born.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
SO FAKE! The starting roster is less than that of melee... it should have been at least the same amount as melee or more.

I'm just going to wait until the game comes out next week with all kinds of information.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Not true... King Dedede is starting has been confirmed I thought.

Snake and Sonic through other modes xD LoooL

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
1. Spend a few minutes making up a roster with some obvious holes in it.
2. Post it on a Gamespot blog.
3. Sit back and laugh at the internet drama you've created.
4. ????
5. Profit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom