• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Roster FINALLY leaked? or new prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
well... soon we know whats true or not.. hope that either falco or wolf, or even both are in.. atleast..

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
this roster is very boring and small, I doubt it is true due to blandness and tiny starting roster. also there are many details missing such as what happened to roy(as mentioned before) although I could care less what happened to him.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
as for the Serebii comments earlier.. he also admitted to having incomplete information.

so I think anything he says about who's NOT in the game is pretty much invalid.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Now THIS is a Roster that fully satisfies me. This must be true!! Also, unlocking Lucario through SSE? PWNSOME.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
THIS roster makes sense. Its got a decent amount of characters, good starting number, most obtained through SSE, enough to make other modes worth playing, a lot of fan favorite characters, and a great WTFchar in Lip.

And even if its fake, its got Claus. Its like, the only one with him. :laugh:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Uuuurrrg we need the truuuuth...

Seriously, seeing all these believable rosters flailing about is truly bothersome. As are the people that treat them too seriously.

The weirdest part is that the true roster cold be out there, only incapable of being proved.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm from the Gamefaqs forum. This guy named SuperStarship made a topic claiming he knew the full roster, along with a link to his blog. It was deleted almost immediately, and I doubt many people have seen it. Here's what his blog post said:

"Hey guys, I have the information that you guys have all been waiting for.

There have been a lot of "leaks" lately, and I can assure you that none of the leaked rosters have been 100% correct so far. Some of them have been surprisingly close. But I want to set things straight, and end the flow of increasingly ridiculous fake rosters. I happen to know every playable character in the game, what mode they're unlocked in, and the complete starting roster. How you ask?

I work in international business, which obviously requires me to travel frequently. I've visited Japan quite a bit, and on my last trip a few weeks ago I met with the floor manager of a factory in Osaka. After getting the business talk out of the way, we began talking about future items coming through his factory, and he excitedly told me that they would be printed Brawl. I told him how big of a SSBM nerd I was, and next thing I knew we were back at his flat, hooking up his Wii. We played Melee for almost 2 hours (he kicked my ***, although I did beat him once). This guy was really cool, and I promised him a rematch next time I was in Osaka. We exchanged phone numbers, and parted ways.We called a each other a few times to discuss new Dojo updates, fake leaks, and everything Smash.

He called yesterday and told me that printing of the game was well under way, and that he had a surprise for me. He knew the roster. He started telling me everything he knew, and I grabbed a pen and paper and jotted it all down. Now I shall share it with you.

First off, the characters on the Dojo aren't the starting roster. The starting roster is actually quite smaller, but that doesn't stay that way after playing the SSE. SSE unlocks a majority of the characters on the Dojo, Save for Snake and Sonic. The rest of the hidden characters are unlocked by playing Classic Mode, Multi-Man Melee, Vs. Matches. Ok, enough talking. Here is the starting roster:

[SPOILERS BEGIN]

STARTING ROSTER:

-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus/Zamus
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Ice Climbers
-Captain Falcon

UNLOCKED THROUGH SSE:

-Zelda
-Peach
-Bowser
-Pit
-Wario
-Ike
-Pokemon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Lucas
-King Dedede
-Pikmin and Olimar
-Krystal
-Claus
-Lucario
-Ganondorf
-Isaac
-Midna
-Ridley

UNLOCKED IN OTHER MODES:

-Luigi
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Marth
-Sonic
-Snake
-Megaman
-W.W. Link
-Geno
-Lip

Characters Cut:

-Falco
-Pichu
-Dr. Mario

[END SPOILERS]

I'm ridiculously excited. Sakurai really went out of his way and made Brawl FOR the fans, BY the fans. There really aren't that many surprises on the 40 character roster, other than Lip appearing as Brawl's WTF character. Enjoy, and spread the word: THIS IS THE REAL ROSTER."

http://www.gamespot.com/users/SuperStarship/

What do you guys think? I actually think that its somewhat believable compared to other "leaks" I've read. I guess we'll never know for sure until Jan 24th :ohwell:
I hate those 2, completely and utterly, HATE those ideas, it was PERFECT until the end, i personally dislike megaman also, but he's fine...what am i getting stressed over though! XD its fake!

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is Unlocked in SSE, look at the video with him, if hes in the SSE plot, then you must unlock him through SSE, same with alll the other characters

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is Unlocked in SSE, look at the video with him, if hes in the SSE plot, then you must unlock him through SSE, same with alll the other characters
First thing I noticed, too. His intro video has him teamed with Mario in an SSE stage. If this is real then I am Mickey Mouse.

:034:

Smash Hero
Midna was not confirmed as an AT. Legolastom was ****ing around.

And who knows? It might be. It actually has plenty WTF characters: Pokémon Trainer, Geno, Lip and Olimar can all be considered WTF characters...

*claps hands* That said, I'd be happy if this was the roster. Even with Lucario in the roster, blegh.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I believe that serebii only debunks rosters WITH mewtwo, and WITHOUT Lucario, but says nothing when both of them are included. I could be wrong.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I believe that serebii only debunks rosters WITH mewtwo, and WITHOUT Lucario, but says nothing when both of them are included. I could be wrong.
I'm pretty sure of that too, an I edited my profile of Serebii on my leak index to go along with that.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
No idea if this is real or not, but I know I'm going to get a kick out of it when the game releases, and one of the rosters that everyone was in a tizzy about and calling a fake happens to be the real roster. : P

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention hes missing alot of melee characters. If they're not there they should be in the cut list.

The list is poor and most likely fake.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I like the roster a lot, and think it makes sense to have so many characters unlocked through Subspace Emissary. To prove this roster a fake, we have to know the Starting Roster. Nuff said.

Ness & Roy COULD be costumes of Lucas & Marth/Roy, respectively.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I think people are under the impression that some characters won't have a place at all in the SSE, but I don't see that happening. I would be disappointed if not every character was in the game's central story. Of course, I don't want to unlock everyone by playing it, but I hope that they're all in it at least.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
That roster is RIDICULOUS! I say we wait until the 24th for the REAL ROSTER, and not listen to the words of a LIAR! After all, the Japanese release is only 10 Days Away, and sooner or later, the music's bound to be ripped from the game, and uploaded onto Brawl Fansites that would end up with the bandwidth eaten alive by the massive downloadings!

Smash Ace
"you're kidding right? That list sucks!"
~Toph~

but yeah, Falco cut, Megaman in, no mention of Roy...

as the announcer of SSB64 says when you die in Target test:
"FAILURE"

=2007=

ironmanATL

Smash Rookie
This was thrown out the window the second I saw the Captain as a starting character. The theory that no previous unlockable characters have been announced and will remain unlockable is pretty much smash bros dogma at this point. C. Falc is secret. (and help on brother out on that K. Rool tip!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom