• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayquaza Boss?!

IkeUser

Smash Cadet
i am really impressed with these graphics...
even though its a cinematic, i bet the wii will be working its *** off to run such a polished and smooth game
:D

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
I thought if they were to use Rayquaza he'd be a boss for Ice Climbers since Rayquaza lives in Mountains that touch the sky(Ozone) and well Ice Climbers live in mountains......

I thought I'd be like Nana jumping up the mountain then Popo(lagging behind)
notices a giant snakes tail slithering to the other side of the mountain thus causing him to speed to his sisters pace then they reach the top and do they're little high-five thingie then the mountain shakes then crumbles and an enraged Rayquaza emerges from the debris and then BOSS FIGHT!!!!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
i am really impressed with these graphics...
even though its a cinematic, i bet the wii will be working its *** off to run such a polished and smooth game
:D
Glad to see that Im not the only one geeking out about Brawls nice animation

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
I thought he was at first but after he was defeated by Fox it is possible he could make a cameo appearance.
Again, he was NOT defeated. 1 hit? I don't think so. Why would they just add Rayquaza with great graphics and everything attacking Fox and Diddy as just a cameo?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Also, we can't know for sure if it was defeated by solely his own Dragon Pulse off of the reflector. For all we know, Sakurai didn't show us the part where Fox and Diddy start walking off into the Jungle, when Rayquaza flies out of the water again and starts chasing them. This is where you pick your character.
Q-to-the-FT

I think Rayquaza will be a boss or something. I do wonder why it is in the water instead of the sky. I'm not even a close pokemon follower, but I hope they do have a reason for that in the SE.

I kinda like some of these suggestions, like the one with the Rival/Opposing Poke-Trainer type guy with legendary pokemon.

I was also thinking, maybe Rayquaza is just a pokeball you can get in versus mode, and so the Subspace emissary also features things like Pokemon and Assist trophies in the story, and maybe even items?

atom-smasher

Smash Rookie
so when the cinematics take place are you playing as fox or are you playing as diddy kong?

and why do i keep seeing ppl say the bowser trophied DK Bowser had nothing to do with the evilness when he took dk's naners he was just doing what he usuallay does picking on ppl and besides only the minister has that divine right

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
so when the cinematics take place are you playing as fox or are you playing as diddy kong?

and why do i keep seeing ppl say the bowser trophied DK Bowser had nothing to do with the evilness when he took dk's naners he was just doing what he usuallay does picking on ppl and besides only the minister has that divine right
you a n00b or wut man.. come on
alright if youve seen any of the SSBB videos of actual footage it usually shows some kinds of clip and if its 2 or more chrachters you pick one chrachter to fight as.... hence the style of whether you pick this chrachter, it takes you to this stroy, or if you chose the other one this happens... know waht im tombout

Rai Thunder

Smash Rookie
It's a shame that Rayquaza isn't bigger, then there could have been a boss fight a la Hooktail from Super Paper Mario - fighting on Rayquaza's back. Then again, that isn't too realistic...

I do believe that it is a boss fight of some kind though, from the end of the video.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
If you look at rayquaza he has really nice detail. Why would they spend so much time on him for a cameo. Plus apparently he is evil I guess. Also him being like the last Pokemon in the 3rd generation he is sort of like a Mewtwo like boss. I think his chances are pretty good.
I thought Deoxys was the "Mewtwo of 3rd Gen", but I stopped following Pokemon after 2nd Gen so I wouldn't really know.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I thought Deoxys was the "Mewtwo of 3rd Gen", but I stopped following Pokemon after 2nd Gen so I wouldn't really know.
You are correct you see each generation add some new set to the pie

Trios- (Zapdos, Moltres, Articouo) (3 Dogs) (3 Rocks) (3 Elfs)
Most powerful- (Mewtwo) (Deoxys) (Ho-oh and Lugia)
Rarest/Cutest Legened- (Mew)(Celibi)(Jirachi)(Shemi)

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Rayquaza should be a Poke Ball pokemon. After all, the other two members of the main (as in featured on the cartridges) trio of RSE, Groudon and Kyogre, are.

Frogla

Smash Ace
My reasoning for Rayqauzza being a boss is fox puts his scouter on. Wasnt that something he did before a boss fight in his games?

/-Alex-/

Smash Rookie
I prefer to Mewtwo that to Dyoxys or Rayquazza. Mewtwo has more charisma and personality than they. Mewtwo is cool, and Rayquazza will be a Boss and thanks to leave in the game.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Completely Wrong.

Rayquaza is the Mewtwo of the 3rd Gen. Deoxys isn't actually that powerful.
Not in the sense of stats my feelings are based on the anime.
Mewtwo doesnt equal Rayqauzza.
Mewtwo is a psychic, shaped similar and such to Deoxys. Which is why i compare the two too be more alike

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Not in the sense of stats my feelings are based on the anime.
Mewtwo doesnt equal Rayqauzza.
Mewtwo is a psychic, shaped similar and such to Deoxys. Which is why i compare the two too be more alike
Well the Anime doesn't really follow Pokemon rules. Pikachu has been seen knocking out a Golem with Thunder. Roselia is only 1ft tall, but in the Anime it's waist height. Legendaries can lay eggs and have kids. Etc.

So, all in all, Rayquaza is the 3rd Gen equivalent to Mewtwo. As they are equally as strong, and far more powerful than Deoxys.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Well the Anime doesn't really follow Pokemon rules. Pikachu has been seen knocking out a Golem with Thunder. Roselia is only 1ft tall, but in the Anime it's waist height. Legendaries can lay eggs and have kids. Etc.

So, all in all, Rayquaza is the 3rd Gen equivalent to Mewtwo. As they are equally as strong, and far more powerful than Deoxys.
You are correct, but what do you say Smash Bros closer follows the anime or the games.

Frogla

Smash Ace
the trainers inclusion seems to point towards the games now
Pikachu still says Pikachu. Making him growl would be more game like, He still has his B move which is not really based on any Pokemon move. And pokemon say there names when they come out of the pokeball they dont growl.

Pokemon Trainer may be based off the game but still, i think Squirtle and Ivysaur will end up saying there names. And in the games Withdraw wasnt a damaging move.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You are correct, but what do you say Smash Bros closer follows the anime or the games.
Smash Bros follows a mixture of both. Since when was Withdraw an Offensive move? Why does Rest kill the enemy one hit and not restore your health? And what the hell kind of Attack is Pikachu's B move!? Only the voices are from the Anime, everything else appears to be from, well, nothing in particular really.

EDIT:

Except Red. He's clearly from the games.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Smash Bros follows a mixture of both. Since when was Withdraw an Offensive move? Why does Rest kill the enemy one hit and not restore your health? And what the hell kind of Attack is Pikachu's B move!? Only the voices are from the Anime, everything else appears to be from, well, nothing in particular really.

EDIT:

Except Red. He's clearly from the games.
Im glad we agree on this.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo doesn't take after the anime specifically.

and I doubt any of Reds pokemon will be using their voices (Charizard didn't really "talk" anyway, but whatever)

Edit: otherwise, yeah they use the voices from the anime sometimes, and mix the rest of the elements as they see fit

Frogla

Smash Ace
Mewtwo doesn't take after the anime specifically.

and I doubt any of Reds pokemon will be using their voices (Charizard didn't really "talk" anyway, but whatever)

Edit: otherwise, yeah they use the voices from the anime sometimes, and mix the rest of the elements as they see fit
Mewtwo talks in the japanesse version (So i recall?) other than that.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure PTs Pokemon will be using their Anime voices. Every single Pokeball Pokemon has previously. Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo did too. Even Pikachu, the Mascot of Pokemon, does.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
First of all who the hell cares what attack it was. I mean seriously I doubt sakurai based it off a certain attack. Plus the attacks look different in different games. For example solar beam came out of their mouths in pokemon staduim but it comes from the sky in battle revolution.

Also Rayquaza doesnt beat kyogre and vice versa. It depends on EVs IVs natures items criticals but if i had to guess who would win: a tankish kyogre with ice beam would win with the quad weakness. He would most likely survive a thunderbolt >_>
I think Sakurai did base it off a certain attack. Alright, I'll just let that one drop.
If it was a fight between Rayquaza and Kyogre in BRAWL, I think Rayquaza would win...I mean, it just seems right. I do agree with you on the "Rayquaza doesnt beat kyogre and vice versa" though.
BTW, I bet you go to Serebii.net, am I right?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I think Sakurai did base it off a certain attack. Alright, I'll just let that one drop.
If it was a fight between Rayquaza and Kyogre in BRAWL, I think Rayquaza would win...I mean, it just seems right. I do agree with you on the "Rayquaza doesnt beat kyogre and vice versa" though.
BTW, I bet you go to Serebii.net, am I right?
Cough

Ice Beam

Cough

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
I think RayQ could actually be a boss, and dont get mad if its the next update tommorow, but also i thikn Fox look more realistic but not really the Fox we love. His face shape has changed and little deatils have also changd but o well hopefully its for the best.
They seem to be doing that to old characters in new games, for example in the new Ratchet & Clank and Banjo & Kazooie. I'm surprised they didn't put fur detail on Pikachu.

Top Bottom