• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Makes senses to me. Today is Sunday and monday is a national holiday. Ubisoft is probably closed until Tuesday.
Isn't this only in the US? Ubi is primarily European, and Nintendo is Japanese. Seems a bit weird that they'd account for that holiday.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Strange that Ubisoft didn't outright deny it though.

Who knows, maybe they'll confront Nintendo about the hype this generated and look for a deal with them about getting him in for real DLC.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Strange that Ubisoft didn't outright deny it though.

Who knows, maybe they'll confront Nintendo about the hype this generated and look for a deal with them about getting him in for real DLC.
Now I'm curious as to what they've got to say about it too. Clearly it's 100% fake, but it's weird that Ubisoft is "making a statement about it" on tuesday.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I can't tell if I'm suppose to feel bad for this guy or not.

He probably made it in good fun and share off his cool editing screens (Which is extremely good) but ****ing man! That was just a dickish move on that guy part! And now he will have to deal with the aftermath and whatnot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ubisoft is making an official statement regarding this leak.

It's definitely interesting. If it was fake, you'd think they'd just outright deconfirm it or something, right?
Apparently there's a Nintendo investor meeting or something at the same time as the Ubisoft statement too.
It was pretty obviously real after the video. :(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yyyyep.

A moment of silence, if you please, for our fallen brethren. A good Man is laid to rest today. May he find peace in the Glade of Dreams and soar through the heavens on Purple Lums' wings.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I want to tear his ****ing head off right now.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
...damn.

That's completely insane he went through all that. All for an average (in terms of impact/popularity) third party character. Honestly, even when the leak had yet to be proven to be fake, I just found it somewhat bizarre Sakurai would let in a not very famous third party addition like Rayman, especially after everything he said of about these types of inclusions: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

My condolences to Rayman fans/supporters, however.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Welp.

The dream is dead.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ That guy is top on my To Kill list now.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
As a Ridley veteran, this is overreacting.

I always thought it would be fake, and just like with Takamaru, it literally happens after I begin thinking it's a good idea. Bleh
Yeah yeah.
It was a hell of a fake though.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm not even a Rayman fan, but seriously, well done to the Rayman supporters for sticking with it and everything.

@ praline praline - Cut it out. This isn't the thread for that.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Man! What a piece of work that fake leak was. Well done to him. :054:

EDIT : Calm down, folks. I understand the negative reaction, but if anything else it's been proven people would be really into Rayman as DLC down the line. We'll see if Ubisoft actually posts a statement of any kind about this.

Just recognize that you've been played with, and admire the attention to detail this guy put into the fake leak. It's admirable!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Even though this leak blew me away I still had a suspicion that it was a possible fake, especially given that we didn't see any game footage, and neither a stage selection screen showcasing a Rayman-themed stage, plus we didn't hear Rayman's name on the audio file. I'm kind of disappointed, but not devastated. It's a shame because my brother and one of my friends were very excited about the idea of Rayman being playable in Smash, plus I really liked Mewtwo's and Rayman's render in this fake leak. At least it's good that the leak is debunked right now instead of after several weeks.

Now fakers will need to go farther to be taken seriously lol. Like creating what would look like actual game footage and putting sound. But anyway, poor Rayman, first he's showcased as a trophy the same day a newcomer is revealed but it's not him, then we hear about him being actually playable from a Nintendo rep but then it's debunked "it's only a trophy guys", and now this.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
inb4 ubisoft announces real rayman dlc

I hope Ubi respond well to this, it'd be a nice tribute to the fans if they were to soften the blow by at least saying sorry or speaking of some new Rayman content.

Well this is a terrible time. I'll still continue to support Rayman and but I must return to thinking his chances are very low.

This really was a selfish and dickish idea

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
"Sigh"

This really sucks............. We were so close, yet so far.

I'll still be on the thread from now on. But still:

It was good while it lasted. And I give each and everyone of you my support.

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499

Wipe that smug ass smile from your face!

I wouldn't be so mad about this but whenever you go out of your way to fool not one, but TWO entire communities (Smash fanbase AND Rayman fanbase) for no other reason than "lol look at how convincing my fakes are", then what the hell was he expecting? I mean, he could've just posted them up online and shown that he made some convincing fakes, but nah, let's just fool entire communities about a character making it in that gets enough bad **** to happen to him as it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom