• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Anyone remember this? Alternate dimension? Could it be a reference to Rayman coming from the glade of dreams, or from a different company

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Anyone remember this? Alternate dimension? Could it be a reference to Rayman coming from the glade of dreams, or from a different company
This was mentioned pre-leak. If all DLC ends up getting this same Guidance, well...balls.

Other than that, Palutena not knowing about Rayman would be hilarious. Alternate dimension indeed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I mentioned it already, but it's likely a catch-all guidance for DLC characters in general. Calling all of the voice actors in for just a few lines seems unrealistic.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I mentioned it already, but it's likely a catch-all guidance for DLC characters in general. Calling all of the voice actors in for just a few lines seems unrealistic.
Probably but I really hope that isn't the case, who says they can't record a bunch in bulk for DLC characters later on? It's not like they'd just come in for one. Although that begs the case as to where mewtwo's is

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Probably but I really hope that isn't the case, who says they can't record a bunch in bulk for DLC characters later on? It's not like they'd just come in for one. Although that begs the case as to where mewtwo's is
I think that's why your idea falls flat on its face. Why would they make one for Rayman and not Mewtwo?

I'm banking on it being a catch all that they can use for all dlc characters. Best case scenario is that it's only a backup in case they can't get the same voice artists again.

Last edited:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman

IN

this is amazing news. rayman was one of my most wanted "no chance he'll get in" characters.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Awesome news! I don't really doubt that this leak is true. Oh and besides, I think it needs to be mentioned that its not always about the relationship of big publishers, because some developers indeed decide or want to work with Nintendo, like the Rayman creator Michael Ancel. He made it clear when he and some co-developers protested against the delay of Rayman Legends on Wii U. Rayman is too unique to not be in Smash, tbh, just look at the method how Sakurai decides to include a character. It all fits!

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Also you can add me to the list of supporters. I'm all for Rayman in Smash and with this whole leak it has shed light on the very strong possibility of an inclusion and boosted the popularity of Rayman being in, although leaks sometime shed light on stuff that was a stupid or poor idea of a character being in and had absolutely barely any chance of being included (I'm looking at you Chorus Kids).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know that piggyback leaks are everywhere now, but this hasn't been brought up here:

Seems easier to fake, but whatever.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This apparently existed for months and is just now gaining attention.

I would love this.

EDIT: NO THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY IN THE GAME BEFORE YOU ASK, IT IS FANMADE.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We are so ****ing close.

I hope something stupid doesn't happen. Like "yeah, we have Rayman finished and ready to go, but we're holding him back until Ubisoft release that Wii U game they are holding back".

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think it's more likely an error trap, in case someone hacks or glitches in a character like Sandbag. Because you know someone will.

After all, all of Melee's nonplayable characters had data for Pokémon Stadium 1.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

I would love this.
That seems to be based loosely on his PS1 Stage Clear theme (complete with "YEAH"). If that was in the game's files, it definitely points to Rayman.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And it was then
Which SmashRiver64 noticed
We ****ed up

If Ubisoft is gonna say something about it
They'll need Sakurai's permission either way
And Sakurai didn't plan to talk about neither Mewtwo nor Rayman anytime soon
So yeah
This entire thing is on Sakurai's already-burdened shoulders
Just because people contacted Ubisoft/Nintendo about it.

Hindsight at it's finest.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice

I would love this.
It isn't in the game itself. All Beta elements were ripped and reported on ssbwiki and many people that upload audio and keep a close eye on this is people such as Sonic Zeki. That video itself is just a fan creation, but don't let that doubt your hopes about him.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That seems to be based loosely on his PS1 Stage Clear theme (complete with "YEAH"). If that was in the game's files, it definitely points to Rayman.
It isn't in the game itself. All Beta elements were ripped and reported on ssbwiki and many people that upload audio and keep a close eye on this is people such as Sonic Zeki. That video itself is just a fan creation, but don't let that doubt your hopes about him.
Should have added "in the actual game" when I said, "I would love this."

It's not an official track.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Now I have egg on my face.

Also, I've seen quite a few commenters on Nintendolife say they were never interested in him before but curious now. Remember that the first two games are both in the eShop and on PSN.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now I have egg on my face.
Not sure what that means but ok, you enjoy your egg. :4pacman:
Also, I've seen quite a few commenters on Nintendolife say they were never interested in him before but curious now. Remember that the first two games are both in the eShop and on PSN.
That's what Smash Bros. does to everybody
Ice Climbers
Bowser Jr.
...Wii Fit Trainer
whathasbeenseencannotbeunseen

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Where did you read that this Tuesday will be a Nintendo's Investor meeting, the same day Ubisoft is making their announcement?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Some simply don't make it.
Rayman is an example of such.

That's very likely to change. :4pacman:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Where did you read that this Tuesday will be a Nintendo's Investor meeting, the same day Ubisoft is making their announcement?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/

Feb. 17, 2015 Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing (for institutional investors and securities analysts)
It was originally scheduled for late January but got moved back a few weeks due to Iwata's illness. It seems relatively suspect for Ubisoft to make a "statement" all the way at Tuesday. I'm not expecting anything like a trailer or whatever at a meeting that's just for shareholders but investor meetings do hold the purpose of highlighting Nintendo's financial plans for the future, and DLC/add-on content for their games is most certainly a huge factor in that.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
>that thread insulting Mewtwo for pandering to genwunners and meleetists

I admit that, when it comes to species, I'm mostly a genwunner. Even though I have faves in all gens, it's just that most of my faves are in the original 151. I just feel that Kanto's species were the most memorable.

And I didn't get into Pokémon at all until Emerald. I didn't even own FR/LG.

Top Bottom