• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Twewy

Smash Lord
What a really well-made fake. Doesn't change my seething rage and bloodlust though!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Now fakers will need to go farther to be taken seriously lol. Like creating what would look like actual game footage and putting sound.
Hate to be a downer, but, no, they won't need to go that far.

The community has fallen for this stuff again and again, and despite that, we never learn. The next time a "leak" like this comes around, it'll still be believed. We're quick to accept anything remotely genuine looking as absolutely real. We've done it before, and we'll do it again.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

The community has fallen for this stuff again and again, and despite that, we never learn. The next time a "leak" like this comes around, it'll still be believed. We're quick to accept anything remotely genuine looking as absolutely real. We've done it before, and we'll do it again.
the thing is people really only believed this for the video.If it wasn't for that i doubt this many people wold have feel for it

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, tbh, he used actually ingame footage just to make this look so authentic, it was more "legit" looking then any leak made before the game ever came out. You maybe right about a fanbase may still think it's true, but really, it was nothing to disprove it enough then the maker himself saying so. But if anything, this is the last time anyone would just "fall for it" with something like this being a prime example of things to not entrust...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Well now we'll have to put up with haters coming in and bashing us, and people jumping ship.

At least we have this amazing Rayman art.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Great job guys! Rayman is finally in Smash!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 39078

I can understand your anger at this guy but DEATH THREATS?!
SERIOUSLY?!
Okay dude, I'm angry as the next guy but I don't think sending death threats is really the best way to go.
Yeah, really. A lot of fan bases gets so much flax for doing stuff like this over a character, Ridley, And many others that didn't make it for example. But we know not to do that stuff as it just paints the fan base in the wrong image. Please, I know it's bad, but you don't need to stood to that level...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If we can't have Rayman, then we might as well have his head mounted on our wall. Give me his Twitter account so I can make death threats to him.
Woo calm your horses bro.I remember you from the DA(exactly i'm the guy who told you about this site) You are very passionate about the character and that's fine but don't go making death threats.The best possible option for youis to man up and take the lumps.If tuesday is anything you ay still get your Rayman

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm a bit upset, but I admit that was really well done. I'm watching the drawing vid and it's actually pretty cool.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lol this getting interesting.

Anyway on topic, lame, really hoped it was gonna be more than m2, and we'd get a cool origin stage, but nah guy had to be a no life douche, wasted talent, a shame.

But seriously if the only dlc is m2 then zzzzzz.... even tho m2 is cool

D

Deleted member 278362

.. Wow. I was fooled.
But I'm actually happy that the fake leak happened-- It was a blast getting all the data that could prove it legit, and learning that someone was talented enough to do this is pretty great.
I'd love to see Rayman after all this. It'd be hilarious if this leads to Rayman getting in the game.

Great one, Omni!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Coming out and admitting he made the leak and showing how he did it is one thing.

To wait damn near 24 hours to do it instead of right away is another.

I've never played a Rayman game so I can't really call myself a fan of the series, but this was just a colossal jerk move on many levels. Completely uncalled for.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
My emotions have been played with one too many times recently, and this is THE LAST STRAW!
You evidently didn't support Ridley.
Constant teasing.
Leaks without him.
Then the 50 facts.
Then "Hurp Durp Accurate Portrayals"

This is nothing in comparison to that.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Warning Received
LOLOLOL
False hope and tears are a better breakfast than cereal
But seriously the "leak" wasn't even out for 10 hours, can't hate on the guy for choosing to believe something with no gameplay evidence
Fake until proven real like the trillions of leaks before this
Technology is advancing and so are leaks
Ah, Ridley thread memories ;3

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I can understand your frustrations, but the creator meaned well. He didn't think it'd blow up as much as he thought, and he doesn't plan on doing this for anymore characters. He even removed the vid later and in the end, he's gotten the attention of Ubisoft themselves which is positive whichever way you look at it. I think there's some room for forgiveness here, no?

Also, the guy didn't reveal it was fake immediately so that he can gauge whether he made an accurate leak or not, though in hindsight he should've done it with a character nobody really wants..

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
My emotions have been played with one too many times recently, and this is THE LAST STRAW!
Uh oh, someone on the internet annoyed an eThug. He's in trouble now.

*shrug* I'm a bit annoyed in that I never got the intent behind these things (other than the obvious spiting of people), but eh. Seems like a waste of time in that regard, though the model itself is nice.

As usual, all of my what goes to Ubisoft for that comment they made. Been doing a lot of weird and questionable things lately it seems.

Shame, was hoping for it to be true. There's always next game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This puzzle ain't done yet. Were all missing something but i can't tell what...

Top Bottom