• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
BTW, out of boredom, I was checking out the Rayman PC Forums to see if there was any announcements there, and I've came across with some interesting development info for Rayman Origins and Legends that was posted there:
- The Writer of RO was kind of very frustrated that the story got cut, because she put on alot of work on this. Most developers also didn't know what the story was and where like "WTF is going on in this game".
- When I mentioned that there is a Rayman community, he was surprised and he thinks Rayman is a kind of a niche. He was also surprised that some of you could open the game files of RO to get to know the story. He said something like they protected the files like twice (I am not sure about this).
Where's your source of this? Also, where can I learn what the story was (Seriously, there was hardly a plot, and I feel the game would've only benefited from having one).

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
A guy on RPC got in touch with one of the devs that left Ubi after Origins (he's still in touch with the team tho) and asked him a few questions.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
It's stuff like this that we wish we could learn more about. I want to know what other stuff that ended up being cut from Origins and Legends.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

This was tweeted by Sony Playstation's Twitter, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Playstation, showing various games, and one of them, Rayman!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This was tweeted by Sony Playstation's Twitter, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Playstation, showing various games, and one of them, Rayman!
That's cool. And that reminds me, there was this poll PS posted of which was the best PS games you have ever had played.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/poll-vote-for-the-best-playstation-game-of-all-time/

And of course I put R2, although it's weird since it says the Great Escape, when it was called Revolution for the PS2 version.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
That's cool. And that reminds me, there was this poll PS posted of which was the best PS games you have ever had played.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/poll-vote-for-the-best-playstation-game-of-all-time/

And of course I put R2, although it's weird since it says the Great Escape, when it was called Revolution for the PS2 version.
It's because it's the PS1 version, it was called "The Great Escape" too, I think..

I voted for Rayman 2 and Abe's Exoddus.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, yes, in my opinion, it's the worst version, but something I liked in that version is that it had Voice Acting in a lot of idioms.
So it was just the worse version of Revolution, cuz it had voice acting, and despite having half of the content from the original game version from the Sega Saturn and N64 removed, I don't care cuz I loved that version for it's voice acting and that game was long enough as is, so I didn't miss much to begin with.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So it was just the worse version of Revolution, cuz it had voice acting, and despite having half of the content from the original game version from the Sega Saturn and N64 removed, I don't care cuz I loved that version for it's voice acting and that game was long enough as is, so I didn't miss much to begin with.
xD Lucky that you got to hear David's godly voice speaking english way before R3, I wish I had that chance!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Lucky that you got to hear David's godly voice speaking english way before R3, I wish I had that chance!
Yeah, it was what made me love Revolution so much because of Ray's and Ly's voices, all of that just made the Glade of Dreams so open and immersive for me.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, it was what made me love Revolution so much because of Ray's and Ly's voices, all of that just made the Glade of Dreams so open and immersive for me.
=3= Well, I hope to someday get to play Revolution, I REALLY want to hear more of David in R2 than just funny sounding gibberish.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
=3= Well, I hope to someday get to play Revolution, I REALLY want to hear more of David in R2 than just funny sounding gibberish.
xD Exactly. And well, since you've played the N64's Great Escape, you could even find all the differences from each versions. The main big one would just be the Revolution has a hub world instead of the Great Escape's level to level progression, like the Mario games, another thing I liked about Revolution. xD

AndreaAC

xD Exactly. And well, since you've played the N64's Great Escape, you could even find all the differences from each versions. The main big one would just be the Revolution has a hub world instead of the Great Escape's level to level progression, like the Mario games, another thing I liked about Revolution. xD
xD Damn, I want it more now. .u. and I think it even has Ly's and Globox's house? I'm really curious to see that myself!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Damn, I want it more now. .u. and I think it even has Ly's and Globox's house? I'm really curious to see that myself!
Yup. In the GE, Ly's house is just a background prop in the level select screen, and it was just to select a racing minigame with her in that version.

In Revolution, you can actually go to her house and talk to her, abut how's your level progress in the game is at so far, secrets you found, minigames with her, and hints and tips to help with your progress in the game.

xD Now you know why I love her so much, she helped me so much, I felt like I could depend on her to help me safe the Glade. .u.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
oh god R2 of PS1.. that is a horrible port. (ds was worse though).
Am I the only one that loves the french voice acting? Rayman just sounds great in french for some reason.

AndreaAC

Yup. In the GE, Ly's house is just a background prop in the level select screen, and it was just to select a racing minigame with her in that version.

In Revolution, you can actually go to her house and talk to her, abut how's your level progress in the game is at so far, secrets you found, minigames with her, and hints and tips to help with your progress in the game.

xD Now you know why I love her so much, she helped me so much, I felt like I could depend on her to help me safe the Glade. .u.
>u> and well, it's Ly's house...if her and Ray's relationship was shown in game, <u< a dinner for two there wouldn't have been so bad after the world is saved.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>u> and well, it's Ly's house...if her and Ray's relationship was shown in game, <u< and dinner for two there wouldn't have been so bad after the world is saved.
xD HAHAHA! >u> THAT would have been the BEST thing ever and would have made that game for me 100x TIMES better. xD

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
.....I hate you, Alerts.....

Okay, THIS time I promise I'll be consistent and post here more often. I'm really sorry for my lack of activity here.

That's really cool! I personally grew up with the GBA version.

Top Bottom