• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Hey, but at least you still feel comfortable drawing in the traditional way, in my case, it now feels wierd.
xD That's because I'm still doing so because of no tablet, and that I've been doing it for YEARS. .u. But I hope to maybe have a working tablet to use someday.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think this is interesting (at least for me) if you wanna know, tomorrow we'll know who is Bowser Jr's (Bowsy) Mother:

I couldn't find the video in english.

"Do you Know who is Bowser Jr.'s Mom? *Miyamoto moves the head saying YES".

I thought this is interesting to share here, sorry if not xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think this is interesting (at least for me) if you wanna know, tomorrow we'll know who is Bowser Jr's (Bowsy) Mother:

Well, Either it be actually Peach or just the stork concept from Yoshi's island, I guess this would be interesting to find out the truth.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD Si no es Peach, me sorprendere, .U. COOL VIDEO! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT COMPLETE!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, Either it be actually Peach or just the stork concept from Yoshi's island, I guess this would be interesting to find out the truth.
I'm gonna call this and say that Miyamoto will be ambiguous about Bowser Jr's mother. With a question like that, it'll always be anti-climatic.

Aside from that, here's some news regarding Rayman Adventures for the Apple TV. While it may not be very interesting, one thing to note is the image in the article features Barbara in an alternate outfit that may or may not look like the scrapped female character talked about in the Pix n' Love Rayman History book.

Article: http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-new-appletv/

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm gonna call this and say that Miyamoto will be ambiguous about Bowser Jr's mother. With a question like that, it'll always be anti-climatic.

Aside from that, here's some news regarding Rayman Adventures for the Apple TV. While it may not be very interesting, one thing to note is the image in the article features Barbara in an alternate outfit that may or may not look like the scrapped female character talked about in the Pix n' Love Rayman History book.

Article: http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-new-appletv/

I didn't know about that outfit, it's her Adventurer's Outfit? And what's that about a scrapped female character? I didn't hear about it. It looks like the avi of Mya (an admin of Ubisoft)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, I have read about something on the Rayman PC forums that for one of the scrapped Rayman games talked about in the History Book, there would be a female human partner for Rayman. There's not much shown from the book due to legal issues, but there was one image linked that showed a female human wearing something like a steampunk outfit and a hat with what "Barbara" is wearing in the above picture. I thought it might've been a nice acknowledgement if that was the case.

BTW, notice anything different?

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, I have read about something on the Rayman PC forums that for one of the scrapped Rayman games talked about in the History Book, there would be a female human partner for Rayman. There's not much shown from the book due to legal issues, but there was one image linked that showed a female human wearing something like a steampunk outfit and a hat with what "Barbara" is wearing in the above picture. I thought it might've been a nice acknowledgement if that was the case.

BTW, notice anything different?
Your avi, awesome job! I'm glad you finally coloured it, and it turned very nice! I really like how the avi looks with the logo :).

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Your avi, awesome job! I'm glad you finally coloured it, and it turned very nice! I really like how the avi looks with the logo :).
Thanks! It took me over a week and a half to get this finished, but it was worth the effort.

Here's the full image in case you're interested.

Currently, it's on my Patreon account, but I have it uploaded on DA in a little bit.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks! It took me over a week and a half to get this finished, but it was worth the effort.

Currently, it's on my Patreon account, but I have it uploaded on DA in a little bit.
You did a great job with it, nicely done. It looks just like the real deal. Keep up the good work.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Great work dude! I love how close it is to the Origins style.

AndreaAC

Well, this Rayman pin pic I found on Tumblr. looks pretty neat. xD I wish it was a pack of 6 pins to do his whole body.

AndreaAC

AndreaAC

Good lord that spelling lol.
Bradandez has that pin! you'd be best off asking him about it
FYI, that's how that damn form is called in Latin Spanish. If you don't know, then better don't say anything.
And well, good for him.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
FYI, that's how that damn form is called in Latin Spanish. If you don't know, then better don't say anything.
And well, good for him.
Whoa no need to get all defensive.
I just found it funny.
Also why would you put the Latin Spanish version on an english site and then expect people to know that it is Latin Spanish? That's kinda silly.

AndreaAC

I just found it funny.
Also why would you put the Latin Spanish version on an english site and then expect people to know that it is Latin Spanish? That's kinda silly.
And I don't. And I put it that way because I want to. I don't like how the other way to say it sounds.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, the video for Miyamoto answering Mario myths is finally up, including the question about Bowser Jr's mother, and all I can say that it's just as anti-climatic as I predicted it.

Unless, of course, if you want to consider that Miyamoto is Jr's mother given to how he responded.

AndreaAC

Well, the video for Miyamoto answering Mario myths is finally up, including the question about Bowser Jr's mother, and all I can say that it's just as anti-climatic as I predicted it.

Unless, of course, if you want to consider that Miyamoto is Jr's mother given to how he responded.

Well, this was funny and kind of interesting.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just found it funny.
People can use whatever language they damn please to use, don't act so rudely to other nationalities that are on this site, not everyone is American that only speaks English.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Haha, Miyamoto trolled us at the level of Sakurai saying he's the mother of Bowsy (well, he is his creator xD).

It was interesting but honestly, I expected other answers/questions, but it was nice to see Miyamoto, it was funny.

I just found it funny.
I don't think that she expected to other people to know that it is Latin Spanish, that's how she knows (and me too) the forms of the protagonists of Dragon Ball and that's why she said that. That sounded so rude..

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Haha, Miyamoto trolled us at the level of Sakurai saying he's the mother of Bowsy (well, he is his creator xD).

It was interesting but honestly, I expected other answers/questions, but it was nice to see Miyamoto, it was funny.
Well, Miyamoto always had a funny side to him, so I'm glad to see him do something like this and still act funny and charming.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just found it funny.
You are kinda rude.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't think that she expected to other people to know that it is Latin Spanish, that's how she knows (and me too) the forms of the protagonists of Dragon Ball and that's why she said that. That sounded so rude..
She and anyone else that knows about those things in other languages should be allowed to say so without being called out for.

This is a warning, don't call anyone out for using other languages, that's rude and uncalled for.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
People can use whatever language they damn please to use, don't act so rudely to other nationalities that are on this site, not everyone is American that only speaks English.
dude calm down. I didn't mean any harm at all but I just thought it was kinda silly to use a language barely no one understands and then act like I attacked you because I thought the spelling looked funny.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
a language barely no one understands
Are you sure about that

Also, Saiyajin isn't even exclusive to the Latin American dubs. In Japan: 超サイヤ人 (Sūpā Saiya-jin). I think the "jin" stands for "people" or something, because humans are called "Chikyu-jin" and the Namek people are "Namekku-seijin"

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

New image by Ubisoft's Facebook.

I'd like to see Rayman M/Arena there but, whatever..

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Are you sure about that

Also, Saiyajin isn't even exclusive to the Latin American dubs. In Japan: 超サイヤ人 (Sūpā Saiya-jin). I think the "jin" stands for "people" or something, because humans are called "Chikyu-jin" and the Namek people are "Namekku-seijin"
TIL

Yo everyone I'm sorry if I offended you.
I honestly never meant to offend anyone.
I just thought it was a typo and pointed out how I thought it was funny and then the shatstorm happened.
My bad

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
TIL

Yo everyone I'm sorry if I offended you.
I honestly never meant to offend anyone.
I just thought it was a typo and pointed out how I thought it was funny and then the shatstorm happened.
My bad
Well, if that's all it was, then it wouldn't have been such a big deal. But;
Good lord that spelling lol.
Bradandez has that pin! you'd be best off asking him about it
The way you responded to Andrea here, you sounded quite offensive, and then made it worst by saying
I just found it funny.
Implying English is the only language people know/should only use, when that's not really true, it's just something people should be aware of on this site that English is more common on here than any other language, but NOT the only one allowed to be spoken here. In the context she used it in, it was meant specifically for Jaster to know about since he himself can also speak Spanish.

The point is, even if you thought it was funny, your responses came of rather insensitive, and it's clear she didn't take that very well, feeling like your questioning her use of Spanish and that she just shouldn't have used it despite her heritage. It just wasn't cool to say it was "silly" to use a different language on this site when there's nothing saying you are only to use English here, it's just encouraged to know it since it's commonly spoken here.

Just remember not to call out something like by calling it silly, that's where the problem lies here. If you didn't say that, essentially offending her and her use of her native language, then this wouldn't of happened. Just be more thoughtful of others on this site.

New image by Ubisoft's Facebook.

I'd like to see Rayman M/Arena there but, whatever..
It would have been cool, but that is a spinoff that not many really deep down care about compared to the mainstream Ray games, imo. I loves Arena, but it's definitely not something as important by comparison to the main games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom