• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
This may not seem relevant, but I now have a Skype account, and I was thinking that if we could set up a special Rayman Smash Bros group on it and chat there, and possibly spread it to our contacts about it.
yes please. mine is ikke471-coen

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
My goodness, has time passed quickly. I still remember Lucas and the Ballot being announced like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's all gonna go down in less than a month. Let's all hope for Rayman's inclusion while we're at it, and even if he doesn't make it in, at least we did our best to support him.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
My goodness, has time passed quickly. I still remember Lucas and the Ballot being announced like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's all gonna go down in less than a month. Let's all hope for Rayman's inclusion while we're at it, and even if he doesn't make it in, at least we did our best to support him.
And well, regardless of his inclusion or not, we still made great new friends like yourself. ;3

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
In any case, I'm hoping that we get a new Direct for this upcoming week, especially since Mario Maker's coming out this Friday.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Has anyone here found a victory theme for Rayman? 'Cause I just happened to stumble across this awesome piece. :p

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well I'm having a good time time with Rayman 3 so far, but there's one issue that bothers me...
Was... the PS3 port of the game bad? I'm playing the game here and I'm noticing that the resolution and framerate aren't really desirable. I've looked on Youtube for footage of the PS3 version and their footage looks fine enough.

Could it be that my PS3 is kicking the bucket? It's one of the earlier models and it's not even mine really. My brother in law let me have it when he upgraded to PS4. Judging from the controller he gave me as well, this thing has been put through years of abuse.

I remember having similar framerate issues with Bioshock Infinite, but most games besides that have run well enough. Al least from what I can remember. I don't really use the PS3 that much...

Furret24

Smash Master
Man is this long overdue.

Attributes
Weight: 95
Walk Speed: 1.125
Run Speed: 1.65
Air Speed: 1.055
Fall Speed: 1.6
Jumps: 2

Jab- 1.5%, 1.5%, 1.5%, 4.5% (9% Total)
A quick flurry of three punches followed by a more ranged punch that launches opponents. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

F-Tilt- 9%, 10% angled upwards
A disjointed kick with long range. Decent power. Can be angled.

U-Tilt- 6% first kick, 7% second kick
Two kicks upwards. Low horizontal range, but high vertical range.

D-Tilt- 8%
Rayman slides his foot on the ground infront of him. Little range, but high vertical knockback. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

Dash Attack- 11%
Rayman swings his fists around him while moving forward. Has low lag and light KO power at high percents. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

F-Smash- 16%, 9% Late (22%, 11% Fully Charged)
Rayman briefly charges his fist, then swinging it forward with a large disjointed hitbox. Range increases when charged. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

U-Smash- 15% (21% Fully Charged)
Rayman's swings his head forward, with large range. High knockback, but minor start-up.

D-Smash- 13%
Rayman quickly slides his feet around him while spinning on his torso. Very fast with decent power.

N-Air- 4% per hit (16% Total)
Rayman spins his hands and feet around him. Good for comboing.

F-Air- 11%, 5% Late
Rayman kicks his foot forward, which acts as a sex kick. The first time it is used in the air, it cancels all vertical momentum, aiding recovery and survivability. Decent KO power. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

B-Air- 13%, 8% Late
Rayman kicks his feet behind him. High KO power near the blasting.

U-Air- 9%
Rayman kicks upwards. good for juggling.

D-Air- 11% Meteor, 9% Late
Rayman slams his fish downwards, meteors on the initial hit.

Pummel- 2%
Punches opponent with free hand. Average speed.

F-Throw- 7% quickly throws foe forward. Low angle allows a few follow-ups at low percents, such as Dash Attack.

B-Throw- 12%
Swings opponent behind him. High KO power near blastline at high percents.

U-Throw- 9%
Throws opponent upwards. Light KO power at high percents.

D-Throw- 5%
Slams opponent into the metering them, much like Ganon's side special, allowing follow-ups and tech-chases.

Now here's where things get a little more interesting.

Neutral Special- Lum Throw 3%, 5% charged
Rayman throws lump out at a semi-final pace, with speed between Fox and Falco's blasters. They can be charged for moment to do slightly more damage. Originates from Rayman 2.

Side Special- Lockjaw 4% hit, 14% bite; 10% throw
Rayman pulls out his Lockjaw and uses it to attack his opponents. If nothing is pressed, it just hits opponents for minimal damage. If the special button is pressed, it will open up, grabbing opponents. If "A" is pressed, it will close and deal high damage and knockback. If "B" is pressed, it will close lightly, grabbing the opponent and giving a new set of throws, which are basically the same throws, just in different angles, outside of D-Throw, which now sends opponents at a low angle near Rayman, allowing new follow-ups.

Up Special- Helicopter Hair 12% (Total)
Rayman uses his helicopter hair to send him upwards. Very versatile, allowing great horizontal and vertical distance to be gained. The hair also has a Hitbox can kill at the upper blastline at high percents. Originates from Rayman 1.

Down Special- Plum
13% Big Thrown, 6% Small Thrown
Rayman pulls out a Plum from the ground. This item is unique from other item moves (Ex. Peach's turnips) due to it being a heavy item, giving it different versatility. The Plum be stood on and thrown, which in the air can aid Rayman's recovery. It can be used to wall out opponents too, though after taking 15%, it will break into three small Plum pieces, which act as small items. Thrown big plums are somwhat slow, but can kill before 130%. Originates from Rayman 1.

Taunts
Up- Flashes a sly grin at the screen.
Side- Spins in place, then gives a thumbs up to the player.
Down- Sticks his tongue out after widening his mouth. Originates from Rayman 1.

Victory Fanfare- A remix of the Lum Disco theme. Originates from Rayman Orgins.

Alt. costumes
Rayman
Globox Rayman
Vortex Rayman
Heavy Metal Fist Rayman
Lockjaw Rayman
Shock Rocket Rayman
Dark Rayman
Raymesis

Hope you guys enjoy, sorry for the delay. I might edit it, since it 2:30am where I live and I probably forgot something.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Side Special- Lockjaw 4% hit, 14% bite; 10% throw
Rayman pulls out his Lockjaw and uses it to attack his opponents. If nothing is pressed, it just hits opponents for minimal damage. If the special button is pressed, it will open up, grabbing opponents. If "A" is pressed, it will close and deal high damage and knockback. If "B" is pressed, it will close lightly, grabbing the opponent and giving a new set of throws, which are basically the same throws, just in different angles, outside of D-Throw, which now sends opponents at a low angle near Rayman, allowing new follow-ups.
I'm going to be honest with you, Lockjaw always felt like a custom move to meh since that's not Rayman's primary power >.< What about the Dashing Tornado from origins? it looks like a fast-paced combo starter XD

Down Special- Plum
13% Big Thrown, 6% Small Thrown
Rayman pulls out a Plum from the ground. This item is unique from other item moves (Ex. Peach's turnips) due to it being a heavy item, giving it different versatility. The Plum be stood on and thrown, which in the air can aid Rayman's recovery. It can be used to wall out opponents too, though after taking 15%, it will break into three small Plum pieces, which act as small items. Thrown big plums are somwhat slow, but can kill before 130%. Originates from Rayman 1.
The ones from Rayman 1 are like a random item that Rayman cannot really control :( I like your move-set overall lol
Alt. costumes
Rayman
Globox Rayman
Vortex Rayman
Heavy Metal Fist Rayman
Lockjaw Rayman
Shock Rocket Rayman
Dark Rayman
Raymesis
I'd love Rayman adventures outfit in there, it looks pretty cool imo
The derping is real! XD

Even though I would prefer the Rayman 1 stage clear theme, this would be awesome too.
Ughhhhhh yes, the original theme. I'd love Rayman 3 design with that personally. I'd primary 100% main him over Sonic lol Any Rayman would work in smash tho =O

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well I'm having a good time time with Rayman 3 so far, but there's one issue that bothers me...
Was... the PS3 port of the game bad? I'm playing the game here and I'm noticing that the resolution and framerate aren't really desirable. I've looked on Youtube for footage of the PS3 version and their footage looks fine enough.

Could it be that my PS3 is kicking the bucket? It's one of the earlier models and it's not even mine really. My brother in law let me have it when he upgraded to PS4. Judging from the controller he gave me as well, this thing has been put through years of abuse.

I remember having similar framerate issues with Bioshock Infinite, but most games besides that have run well enough. Al least from what I can remember. I don't really use the PS3 that much...
I remember hearing the PS3 version having some problems, so it may not be your PS3.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So Ubisoft is joining the theme park gig alongside Nintendo, pretty interesting, that is if Rayman doesn't get left out of this.

O_O So, it would be like Disneyland, but WAY BETTER? Darn, why it had to be located so far?
View attachment 72235
I WANT SOMETHING LIKE THIS! TT U TT
Let's hope it doesn't end up looking like Rabbids Land. :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So Ubisoft is joining the theme park gig alongside Nintendo, pretty interesting, that is if Rayman doesn't get left out of this.

Let's hope it doesn't end up looking like Rabbids Land. :p
Oh God, please, NO. That is something that would really piss me off. :v but oh well, let's hope. And if it does look like that, hope they have shooting games where you can blow their heads off.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I thought in that image too when I read the notice, it would be nice! :3
It would be like A DREAM COME TRUE! O ^ O ! Screw Disney, it doesn't work! If it did, I would have got the cursed medallion from the Pirates of the Caribbean, but no, I only could get a metal sign with the Skull logo that says "No Trespassing".

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey everyone! I've created a chat group on Skye where we can talk about Rayman, Smash Bros, and other stuff. If anyone is interested, feel free to join.
The Skype address for this group is Rayman4Smash. All are welcomed!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Hey everyone! I've created a chat group on Skye where we can talk about Rayman, Smash Bros, and other stuff. If anyone is interested, feel free to join.
just add me or ^ that (incredibly lovely) bozo on skype and we'll add you to our fun family friendly group.
our skypes:
ikke471-coen
live:marioman6475

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Add me. I'm in! My Skype is deadwabbit15, or "Eli (Storm)."

Yes, Eli is my irl name. I'm using a Peacock picture (Skullgirls)
You could put it that way but I call it art.
It's basically just Rayman 3 but a lot of the textures will be really stupid stuff so that'll be fun.
We're making a video eventually as well.
inb4 Rayman: Chaos Edition

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Does anyone want a piece of cake? :p

So the image shared by Xbox's Twitter was used in the cake, it looks so yummy.

Top Bottom