• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
TIL

Yo everyone I'm sorry if I offended you.
I honestly never meant to offend anyone.
I just thought it was a typo and pointed out how I thought it was funny and then the shatstorm happened.
My bad
It is okay, out of all offensive things I read in a daily basis on the internet, your post was mostly harmless.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
yo @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
I never meant offence (that's like the umphteenth time I said that today.. today is not my day)
And I also didn't imply english is the only language you should use.. but on a thread where everyone can read stuff 'n whatever I feel like it's kind of an unwritten law at this point.
And tbh I never even knew people would take the word 'silly' as offensive (I call basically everything silly)
Also: I try to be as thoughtful of others as I can but I just didn't predict that this would actually offend Andrea.

I honestly didn't even realise I was being rude.
And that my posts felt insensitive might be true I'm going through a rough patch of life atm and my emotions are all over the place.
Again: I'm sorry, I never meant any harm.
Now please. back to Rayman.

Did you guys visit the new Rayman Tumblr yet? It's looking pretty fly!
http://raymangame.tumblr.com/

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
yo @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
I never meant offence (that's like the umphteenth time I said that today.. today is not my day)
And I also didn't imply english is the only language you should use.. but on a thread where everyone can read stuff 'n whatever I feel like it's kind of an unwritten law at this point.
And tbh I never even knew people would take the word 'silly' as offensive (I call basically everything silly)
Also: I try to be as thoughtful of others as I can but I just didn't predict that this would actually offend Andrea.

I honestly didn't even realise I was being rude.
And that my posts felt insensitive might be true I'm going through a rough patch of life atm and my emotions are all over the place.
Again: I'm sorry, I never meant any harm.
Now please. back to Rayman.

Did you guys visit the new Rayman Tumblr yet? It's looking pretty fly!
http://raymangame.tumblr.com/
I apologize for harping on you earlier, I wasn't in a best of moods myself anyways. But it's fine, no worries about it anymore.

And, well, hope things turn out better for you in your life and stuff.

Anyways, until I get the time to draw more stuff, here's some stuff I found I guess I could just share for now.

http://nintendrawer.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-and-Barbara-329479812
http://markproductions.deviantart.com/art/Battlefield-s-Thief-552710687

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey everyone! I'm happy to announce that we're just starting our next contest on our Rayman 4 Smash DA group. This time, the theme will be on your favorite Rayman memory, which can be a favorite level, favorite boss, or just about anything that have stuck with you. No Rabbids, please.
The contest will run throughout the month and end on October 3rd. Only group members are allowed to participate.

http://fav.me/d994m0z

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey everyone! I'm happy to announce that we're just starting our next contest on our Rayman 4 Smash DA group. This time, the theme will be on your favorite Rayman memory, which can be a favorite level, favorite boss, or just about anything that have stuck with you. No Rabbids, please.
The contest will run throughout the month and end on October 3rd. Only group members are allowed to participate.

http://fav.me/d994m0z
Well, I most likely may not be able to join in but is this like a drawing contest or something else entirely?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, I'm kinda liking the wait for the new Smash DLC.
The longer it takes them to reveal the next wave, the more likely it is for them to reveal every single character chosen from the Ballot all at once.
I can't wait!

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
BTW, out of boredom, I was checking out the Rayman PC Forums to see if there was any announcements there, and I've came across with some interesting development info for Rayman Origins and Legends that was posted there:

- RO was designed on the fly. So first there was a lot of exploration in the game but at some point the gamedesigners looked at super meat boy etc. and decided that everything have to have a super flow feeling. Later they recognized that they overdid this.

- In RO there was some tutorial thingy planned: The Bubble Dreamer should teach the Rayman some skills like how he keeps balance on a stick. But it was cut and included in RL in some way (the dojo).

- In RO and RL are NOT very hidden bonus stages no one ever found (I thought maybe there is something like in R2).

- The Writer of RO was kind of very frustrated that the story got cut, because she put on alot of work on this. Most developers also didn't know what the story was and where like "WTF is going on in this game".

- Jungle Run and Fiesta Run made good revenue but were still too expensive in the development (related to the revenue).

- When I mentioned that there is a Rayman community, he was surprised and he thinks Rayman is a kind of a niche. He was also surprised that some of you could open the game files of RO to get to know the story. He said something like they protected the files like twice (I am not sure about this).

- The staff from the Ubisoft Villa was merged again to the normal studio in Montpellier. Most projects were too expensive related to the revenue so they have to work on the big brands like AC, The Division, and so on. (For me this sounded like creativity is dieing again at Ubisoft Montpellier for some time, so I didn't ask if they know about a new 3D Rayman. )

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
So I forgot to link you this.
My friend tried out Rayman for the first time because of the 20th anniversary.
Stupidness happened

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
O ^ O cool....! but...I would be too afraid to get into that, I feel that my glasses would fly away!
xD Hehe, oh, you. ;3 I would probably happen the same for me, but with my whole BODY, so, nope nope, too much for me. >.< But it would be still cool to see for a Rayman ride for sure. xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hmm, I'm not sure if this will show but I find this kinda cool, would be neat for that Ubisoft theme park to have for the Rayman stuff.

http://film00.deviantart.net/782f/v/mp4/2015/253/4/0/pirate_s_revenge_by_coasterfreak-d995etr.mp4
That would be nice, with some decoration of Rayman, like Pirate ships and cages, etc.. I hope we see something about Rayman in that theme park. Also, I'd be scary to get in that rollercoaster, but as always, after I get into I'd like to get into again xD.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That would be nice, with some decoration of Rayman, like Pirate ships and cages, etc.. I hope we see something about Rayman in that theme park. Also, I'd be scary to get in that rollercoaster, but as always, when I after I get into I'd like to get into again xD.
=u= Hehe. Totally. I would more than likely die on something like that anyways, so, good luck for anyone to enjoy, but it would be cool nonetheless, maybe a Ly themed one as well, plz. xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
=u= Hehe. Totally. I would more than likely die on something like that anyways, so, good luck for anyone to enjoy, but it would be cool nonetheless, maybe a Ly themed one as well, plz. xD
Yeah.. a Ly themed, where you go through a forest with fairies, the lums, teensies and all relaxing.. :tired:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah.. a Ly themed, where you go through a forest with fairies, the lums, teensies and all relaxing.. :tired:
=u= Gezus....You're making me wish it was real... xD Her loving and peaceful theme...would make me fall asleep on the ride and probably fall off and die again... xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That would be nice, with some decoration of Rayman, like Pirate ships and cages, etc.. I hope we see something about Rayman in that theme park. Also, I'd be scary to get in that rollercoaster, but as always, after I get into I'd like to get into again xD.
xD YOU HAVE GUTS! ._. I couldn't even stand a small one at
Didney+worl+_0f3d58394e463b7ec2d65bf81ccba982.jpg

xD I feel that MOSTLY ALL of the concept for the R4 prototype are perfect for something related to the theme park, aside from the whole theme park level of Rayman Land.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 72867

xD I feel that MOSTLY ALL of the concept for the R4 prototype are perfect for something related to the theme park, aside from the whole theme park level of Rayman Land.
XD PFFT HAHAHAHA! WHY DID YOU POST THAT IMGAE!

you just killed me....good job... xD I would just love it if Rayman Land was just the park instead of all the other Ubi franchisees as far was I'm concerned. >u>

AndreaAC

XD PFFT HAHAHAHA! WHY DID YOU POST THAT IMGAE!

you just killed me....good job... xD I would just love it if Rayman Land was just the park instead of all the other Ubi franchisees as far was I'm concerned. >u>
o-o Heck no, if it has stuff related to AC (o-o anything! well...I NEED MORE SHAY!), I wouldn't want it to be just Rayman related, it would be like if
was only about Mickey Mouse and not the rest of the movies and stuff, that would be boring and there would be no PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! o_o I need that cursed medallion.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
o-o Heck no, if it has stuff related to AC (o-o anything! well...I NEED MORE SHAY!), I wouldn't want it to be just Raymsn related, it would be like if
was only about Mickey Mouse and not the rest of the movies and stuff, that would be boring and there would be no PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! o_o Ineed that cursed medallion.
XD PLEASE, HAVE MERCY! GEEZUS!

My brain isn't feeling too good to process this THING i see before me. xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
View attachment 72867

Well, I admit I can get into some of roller coasters, but not all, and when I get into one with my friends, they become deaf because of me xD. I love the adrenaline I earn after a roller coaster.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I admit I can get into some of roller coasters, but not all, and when I get into one with my friends, they become deaf because of me xD. I love the adrenaline I earn after a roller coaster.
xD Geezus. Well, I can torlaere SOME rostercosters, but mostly the BIG ones are... NOPE, too much! o_o

AndreaAC

xD Geezus. Well, I can torlaere SOME rostercosters, but mostly the BIG ones are... NOPE, too much! o_o
As big as the ones at
or SixFlags? xD I can't stand any kind of roller coaster because that would kill me. =u= I think I would be fince going to the other stuff that aren't that if a Ubi park was made.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As big as the ones at
or SixFlags? xD I can't stand any kind of roller coaster because that would kill me. =u= I think I would be fince going to the other stuff that aren't that if a Ubi park was made.
xD Goddammit! Please, stop, it's TOO MUCH!

>u> Yeah, after not being on one for YEARS now, I think my heart wouldn't tolerate them anymore, so.... Neh, not for me anymore. xD

But anyways, something I just found from Anthony Philippeau. o_o He apparently made a Rayman flash game years ago and just posted this! xD

http://anthony-philippeau.deviantart.com/art/VERY-OOOLD-rayman-fangame-XD-559590627
http://www.deviantart.com/art/VERY-OOOLD-rayman-fangame-LEVEL1XD-559591732

xD Geez, this would have been so COOL if this was done before!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Goddammit! Please, stop, it's TOO MUCH!

>u> Yeah, after not being on one for YEARS now, I think my heart wouldn't tolerate them anymore, so.... Neh, not for me anymore. xD

But anyways, something I just found from Anthony Philippeau. o_o He apparently made a Rayman flash game years ago and just posted this! xD

http://anthony-philippeau.deviantart.com/art/VERY-OOOLD-rayman-fangame-XD-559590627
http://www.deviantart.com/art/VERY-OOOLD-rayman-fangame-LEVEL1XD-559591732

xD Geez, this would have been so COOL if this was done before!
O_O Uh...is it my imagination or the Rayman from the game reminds me of my Lil' Ray?

AndreaAC

xD I noticed that...but It's based on R2 Rayman, so, it may just be drawn more like a little kid Rayman, at least that's what I think. xD
BUT it has the same combination between R3 and R2 because of the neckerchief and hair. o_o seriously, they look similar. >_< BUT MY LIL' RAY IS ONLY MINE.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
BUT it has the same combination between R3 and R2 because of the neckerchief and hair. o_o seriously, they look similar. >_< BUT MY LIL' RAY IS ONLY MINE.
=u= Don't worry, I've noticed a bunch of people combine R3 with either Origins design or R2 design.

xD And well, the art style is really old, so, the hair could just be a lack of "accuracy" since this game was done in 2002, BEFORE R3 was even out yet. xD

So again, don't worry about it. Your concept is your own, but similarities happens sometimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom