• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Post those images that I found on Tumblr a lot time ago on the Rayman thread [ ✓ ]

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Post those images that I found on Tumblr a lot time ago on the Rayman thread [ ✓ ]
=u= Oh, why did you have to remind me of that? Jesus, Ubisoft...

AndreaAC

Curiosity.jpg

A random doodle of my Lil' Ray being adorable, and pulling Shay's loose hairs. I may color it later.

AndreaAC

=uo Nice R1 model, but...It looks like his hair is coming out of his eyes...and yeah...in his sprites it looks like that, I guess?

AndreaAC

I just noticed how fat Ray looks in that model... I guess he took that gold in R2, hence the name.
xD And I don't know what the heck is wrong with the lighting, or if it is the model, but it looks like his right hand is backwards.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's disgusting that they decided to pull off something like that considering Mega Man's current state.

Thank god Nintendo did him justice.
xD I consider that a "guilty pleasure" at this point. The creator of Rockman even shows he knows how bad that was, but even then, that was only in the US that used this box art, Japan had the actual Megaman design.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
xD I consider that a "guilty pleasure" at this point. The creator of Rockman even shows he knows how bad that was, but even then, that was only in the US that used this box art, Japan had the actual Megaman design.
Yeah, the Japanese box arts stuck with the actual art style. I don't know why they used super realistic ones for the American box arts.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, the Japanese box arts stuck with the actual art style. I don't know why they used super realistic ones for the American box arts.
Cuz 'merica is "hardcore".

I believe I already answered this, but America in the 80s/90s had a stigma about characters with "man" in their names. A "boy" couldn't be seen as a "man" so, they had to make it seem like Mega"man" was a man or something. This relates to a lot of other characters with "man" in their names, even Rayman at one point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom