• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'd love something like Ratchet & Clank (movie and game, I'm a fan of the series, I really love them, I'm glad they're still here, not like Jak & Daxter :( ) for Rayman, but I don't think this is going to happen, maybe for Sonic? Do you know something new of the Sonic's movie?
I thought Sega wanted to reveal more news or anything related to the movie will be saved for Sonic's 25th anniversary, including a possible new game.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I thought Sega wanted to reveal more news or anything related to the movie will be saved for Sonic's 25th anniversary, including a possible new game.
Let's hope they don't screw it up. Again.
I have a bad feeling about the movie though. I dunno, Live action Sonic just doesn't sound right.
Oh, I'm bad at noticing jokes, sorry.
No it's ok. it sucked anyways ._.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It does begs the question, with all of these video games getting movies, I wonder will Ubisoft do one for Rayman at some point?...

And with "Wreck-it Ralph 2" happening as well, I wonder would Rayman make an appearance there as well, since they got Sonic before, and they wanted Mario to show up as well.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It does begs the question, with all of these video games getting movies, I wonder will Ubisoft do one for Rayman at some point?...

And with "Wreck-it Ralph 2" happening as well, I wonder would Rayman make an appearance there as well, since they got Sonic before, and they wanted Mario to show up as well.
I'd like to see Rayman in "Wreck-it Ralph 2", but I think that Rabbids would appear instead of him... And for Mario, all those "negotiations" between Nintendo and Disney, I think he'll appear in the movie.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Well, that depends, they wanted to get Mario in the first movie but Nintendo was asked for too much money to get their permission, but it was a missed oportunity even if it was going to be a small cameo, supposedly in the second one he will appear.

About Rayman, well, only if Ubisoft wants to. Did the freakin' Rabbids got their movie?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd like to see Rayman in "Wreck-it Ralph 2", but I think that Rabbids would appear instead of him... And for Mario, all those "negotiations" between Nintendo and Disney, I think he'll appear in the movie.
That would honestly be sad if they did that... if they did that, then what's the point in making more Rayman games if you don't support your mascot? .__. It's pitiful, imo...

Well, that depends, they wanted to get Mario in the first movie but Nintendo was asked for too much money to get their permission, but it was a missed oportunity even if it was going to be a small cameo, supposedly in the second one he will appear.

About Rayman, well, only if Ubisoft wants to. Did the freakin' Rabbids got their movie?
As of my knowledge, I haven't heard of a Rabbids movie...but if they are getting one, I'd hope they just get that, and Rayman shows up for WIR2 if he can.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

That would honestly be sad if they did that... if they did that, then what's the point in making more Rayman games if you don't support your mascot? .__. It's pitiful, imo...

As of my knowledge, I haven't heard of a Rabbids movie...but if they are getting one, I'd hope they just get that, and Rayman shows up for WIR2 if he can.
Like if with hadn't got enough with the silly Rabbid show that appears on Nickelodeon, really, why?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Like if with hadn't got enough with the silly Rabbid show that appears on Nickelodeon, really, why?
IDK, really... . ___ . Geezus.

I can imagine Rayman running from the Rabbids like a cameo in "Wreck-it Ralph 2" xD.
I would like it better if he beat them up and have the assassin's show up as well, sadly it would most likely be Ezio instead of the likes of Shay.

AndreaAC

IDK, really... . ___ . Geezus.

I would like it better if he beat them up and have the assassin's show up as well, sadly it would most likely be Ezio instead of the likes of Shay.
xD That would be nice, but, pretty obvious choice since he's kind of overrated, and I feel bad for Altair, since he was the first one but Ezio still gets the spotlight. And the same for the rest (EXCEPT Jacob, I still don't like him.)

But anyway, with Rayman in there, I would be happy enough.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD That would be nice, but, pretty obvious choice since he's kind of overrated, and I feel bad for Altair, since he was the first one but Ezio still gets the spotlight. And the same for the rest (EXCEPT Jacob, I still don't like him.)

But anyway, with Rayman in there, I would be happy enough.
Yeah, same. I would be annoyed if "Fake Shay" was chosen before Shay. But yeah, Rayman alone would be nice. If only R3 Rayman though... .w.

AndreaAC

Yeah, same. I would be annoyed if "Fake Shay" was chosen before Shay. But yeah, Rayman alone would be nice. If only R3 Rayman though... .w.
xD Totally, and well, it could be a possibility, but since they already got like...3/4 models of RL (the one from the Origins/Legends trailer/commercial, the drunken trophy, the trophy with wierd angle views and the one with the evil look), they probably are going to choose one of those.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Totally, and well, it could be a possibility, but since they already got like...3/4 models of RL (the one from the Origins/Legends trailer/commercial, the drunken trophy, the trophy with wierd angle views and the one with the evil look), they probably are going to choose one of those.
It's going to be Legends 2 Rayman if anything, since that's the most recent. But I'll always dream of R3 Rayman in HD...and maybe even Ly?... .w.

AndreaAC

It's going to be Legends 2 Rayman if anything, since that's the most recent. But I'll always dream of R3 Rayman in HD...and maybe even Ly?... .w.
Well, if that is going to be the case, hope they take him from afar .__. seriously. and one day, one day, for both.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
...Now this is a video game movie.

If something like this for Rayman, but with all of the characters (mainly Ly) there as well, and stayed true to the games, it would be PERFECT.

I've said this before, but I would love for a Rayman movie to be like the Popeye movie that's currently in development hell. You can have fast-paced animation and action, yet still have the charm of the old games.
So excited for the Ratchet movie, even though I've never played any of the games.

Wreck-it Ralph 2 is going to be more focused on console games, as opposed to the first movie which focused on arcade games, so Rayman could have a cameo.

AndreaAC

I've said this before, but I would love for a Rayman movie to be like the Popeye movie that's currently in development hell. You can have fast-paced animation and action, yet still have the charm of the old games.
So excited for the Ratchet movie, even though I've never played any of the games.

Wreck-it Ralph 2 is going to be more focused on console games, as opposed to the first movie which focused on arcade games, so Rayman could have a cameo.
Wow, then I really look forward to it. o-o I'm curious which characters are going to appear as cameos this time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, then I really look forward to it. o-o I'm curious which characters are going to appear as cameos this time.
The Director said he definitely wants Mario and Donkey Kong to be a big part of the story in 2.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, that means they are going to serve for something to the plot instead of just simple cameos? o.o AWESOME.
Yeah! I have no doubt Sonic will probably be given the same treatment. Seeing how prominent he was in the first. I mean, in the first, he was freaking EVERYWHERE, including the cover...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah! I have no doubt Sonic will probably be given the same treatment. Seeing how prominent he was in the first. I mean, in the first, he was freaking EVERYWHERE, including the cover...
I balme Sega though, it seems like something they'd do.

But I'd hope if Rayman shows, he doesn't contribute to the story in some way. And without the Rabbids being there too...

AndreaAC

xD Exactly! ._. BUT, in the cover...his head looked wierd...his quills? I think...where in a way that reminded me of Shadow's...

.u. But I hope for another great movie and hopefully Rayman will be in there!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Exactly! ._. BUT, in the cover...his head looked wierd...his quills? I think...where in a way that reminded me of Shadow's...

.u. But I hope for another great movie and hopefully Rayman will be in there!

I see what you mean, but I guess it's because it looks like 06 Sonic.

But It'd like it if it was like this though.

But I don't know if this is official or not.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
Technically two games. The first Rayman and the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2: The Great Escape. All other games were not released in Japan.
Rayman Legends got into Japan iirc, but it sold as ****
WE WANT RAYMAN, I love all Rayman games and would love having it into the game :(

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
don't know if it was brought up but we've got a really cool supporter in our group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFb7uzr9BsA&ab_channel=GrumpOut
Kevin from the gamegrumps wants to see Rayman in smash.
What time is it mentioned in?
Hey, thanks!
Don't mention it.
Rayman Legends got into Japan iirc, but it sold as ****
WE WANT RAYMAN, I love all Rayman games and would love having it into the game :(
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

Top Bottom