• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
xD umm, I'm pretty sure I was the one that posted that comparison before...

Although I haven't seen that robot guy before in that shot...
Mmm, sorry I don't remember or didn't see that comparison xD, I just put that image to get the comparison with 4 characters like in Legends, but the image with the pirate is from the Beta version, he was an intended character to feature, but, much like Ly, it was scrapped.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Mmm, sorry I don't remember or didn't see that comparison xD, I just put that image to get the comparison with 4 characters like in Legends, but the image with the pirate is from the Beta version, he was an intended character to feature, but, much like Ly, it was scrapped.
Yeah, you didn't remember as that's the exact quote I said about that, if Rayman Arena 2 could happen again, I'd hope for Ly to be included.

Yeah, it's at least good that that doesn't happen often from them... at least not as much as it was during the weird commercials or R3...geezus...

But anyways, I found something interesting...

I found this image while searching Ray stuff.

And I thought this seemed familiar to something else Rayman related. Well;

And I like how Ray's pose is even similar to how he was in RA apparently. This kinda makes me wish another RA game can be made... with Ly in it for once...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You should post the art you see and share with us, I like to see them. :)

And yeah, I wonder the same, it's a bit weird xD.
Well, if you insist, I have found stuff of Ly.
ly_by_sny__eamdray-d91e4ax.png

http://sny--eamdray.deviantart.com/art/Ly-546533961?q=favby:SuperSegaSonicSS/46821056&qo=33

http://orig06.deviantart.net/1e71/f/2011/052/5/b/rayman_and_company_by_themrock-d39xpkb.jpg

http://the-dashket.deviantart.com/art/DaSh-and-Ly-513170096?q=favby:SuperSegaSonicSS/46821056&qo=32

Even though I'm more for "on model" presentation of Rayman and Ly at times, stuff like these are really funny to look atm, imo. xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
MOCKING.jpg

Shay: "Rayman, change that long face."

Rayman: "Why would I? I was about to kill one of those bloody Rabbids and you stopped me, Master."

Shay: "I did it for your own good, if you killed or even touched one, you were going to get punished -again- because of it, and you know it."

Rayman: "Bleh." *sticks tongue out*

Shay: "Oh, is that so? Then let me give you that same face, Bleh."

Rayman: "HEY! Stop taunting me!"

Shay: "You asked for it, NOVICE."

I'm bored, and I love drawing those two together.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ly3Final.png

Bored, something I did for practice... May do some more later on.

EDIT: I fixed up the expression on the top right to look more like she's thinking and look less "sexy or suggestive" or something. .__. I hope it's better now.

But if you wanna see the original still if you like that one too, I'll keep it in spoilers...

Ly3.png

View attachment 62102

Shay: "Rayman, change that long face."

Rayman: "Why would I? I was about to kill one of those bloody Rabbids and you stopped me, Master."

Shay: "I did it for your own good, if you killed or even touched one, you were going to get punished -again- because of it, and you know it."

Rayman: "Bleh." *sticks tongue out*

Shay: "Oh, is that so? Then let me give you that same face, Bleh."

Rayman: "HEY! Stop taunting me!"

Shay: "You asked for it, NOVICE."

I'm bored, and I love drawing those two together.
This is nice, I liked it. Good work Andrea.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Untitled-1.jpg

sketchy doodle of Ly, it has been a while since I have drawn her since I have been focusing a lot in Ray and Shay. >.> BUT I will continue to do so, since after the first part of my Assassin Ray project, it mostly focusses into them, but maybe I will try to doodle the other guys as well on the weekend.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

AndreaAC

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, we have a new rumor aboard, it basically says Nintendo has shortlisted around 15-20 characters that are requested on the ballot. These include:
  • King K.Rool
  • Waluigi
  • Paper Mario
  • Chibi Robo
This person also claims to also be involved in the ESRB leak.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72178994

Keep in mind, this is just a rumor, so take it with a very large grain of salt. Some people investigating the leak have also found some red flags when talking to the leaker.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I am taking this with a huge grain of salt. I do not see Waluigi or Paper Mario happening. ever. I do see King K Rool happening (duh) and Chibi Robo because of his new game.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
So, we have a new rumor aboard, it basically says Nintendo has shortlisted around 15-20 characters that are requested on the ballot. These include:
  • King K.Rool
  • Waluigi
  • Paper Mario
  • Chibi Robo

Keep in mind, this is just a rumor, so take it with a very large grain of salt. Some people investigating the leak have also found some red flags when talking to the leaker.
Ok, I like that they chose those characters to be considered, the least I like it's Waluigi but, well I'll take this as a rumor.

Some awesome "art"(Was this posted before? Sorry if it was xd):

I love this "poster":

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ok, I like that they chose those characters to be considered, the least I like it's Waluigi but, well I'll take this as a rumor.

I love this "poster":

OH MY GOODNESS! THAT LEGO RAYMAN IS SIMPLY PERFECT! O . O I LOVE IT AND I WANT IT!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I love this "poster":

I'd watch "My Neighbor Globox".

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I love this "poster":

I like the look of Ray's symbol as a poster, it's nice. And the lego statue is awesome.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'd say Rayman 1 or Rayman 2.
Rayman 1 sold very high?! i would be surprised if this game was the most sold Rayman game
  • King K.Rool
  • Waluigi
  • Paper Mario
  • Chibi Robo

Waluigi?! nope nope there is no reason to remove a character that already assist trophy, sakurai woked on him being assist trophy why would he remove this? I already call this is fake

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'd say the first Rayman Raving Rabbids probably sold the most.
I've we're talking platformers though.. it'd definitely be Rayman 2.
You can play that game on your toaster if you want to.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman was the number one selling PS1 game in the UK, so yeah, very high.

The first two games are the reason Ubisoft ever got anywhere, since they were still small at the time.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The reason of Rayman 2 being even in "toasters" it's because how popular it was, it's the most popular Rayman game from what I know, since it's the first 3D game.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
  • King K.Rool
  • Waluigi
  • Paper Mario
  • Chibi Robo

The fact that Walugi is in there should be the biggest red flag, that it's fake. I doubt Sakurai will remove an assist trophy from the game just to be DLC. If anything I'd like the top 5 DLC characters to be:
  • Wolf
  • King K. Rool
  • Isaac
  • Inkling
  • Rayman
To be honest I've got most my most wanted from PreSmash 4 made it in the base game such as :4palutena:, :4megaman:, :4pacman:, :4shulk::4robinm::4robinf:, (I'm probably in the minority where I wanted either the Avatar or Lucina over Chrom so I can't tell you how hyped I was to see that trailer.) Even the ones that I'd myself didn't know that I wanted made it, then again I didnt think they had much of a chance. Such as :rosalina:, :4duckhunt:, and :4bowserjr:. The only newcomer I was salty about was :4darkpit:. Hope to get lucky again for DLC but if not I'm pretty much am content with the current roster and I'll just be along for the ride.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
  • King K.Rool
  • Waluigi
  • Paper Mario
  • Chibi Robo

(I hate the idea of Paper Mario as a playable character. Also, Waluigi's an assist trophy and I don't really want King K. Rool [would rather prefer Dixie or maybe even Cranky]. Chibi-Robo's the only one I'm ok with.)
I absolutely love this.
(On another note, it seems Smashboards doesn't want me talking to you guys EVER. It keeps disabiling notifications >_<)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...Now this is a video game movie.

If something like this for Rayman, but with all of the characters (mainly Ly) there as well, and stayed true to the games, it would be PERFECT.

AndreaAC

If something like this for Rayman, but with all of the characters (mainly Ly) there as well, and stayed true to the games, it would be PERFECT.

I don't know anything about the RatChet guy, but the CGI looks pretty neat. And I agree.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

I'd love something like Ratchet & Clank (movie and game, I'm a fan of the series, I really love them, I'm glad they're still here, not like Jak & Daxter :( ) for Rayman, but I don't think this is going to happen, maybe for Sonic? Do you know something new of the Sonic's movie?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd love something like Ratchet & Clank (movie and game, I'm a fan of the series, I really love them, I'm glad they're still here, not like Jak & Daxter :( ) for Rayman, but I don't think this is going to happen, maybe for Sonic? Do you know something new of the Sonic's movie?
No, I don't. But from what I've heard, it's live action... .__. As many would say it may not be that bad, I'll always think this

would be the better route for Sonic or any video game movie, period.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
No, I don't. But from what I've heard, it's live action... .__. As many would say it may not be that bad, I'll always think this

would be the better route for Sonic or any video game movie, period.
Yeah, it would be awesome if the movie was like that short, I really like it.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I don't know anything about the RatChet guy, but the CGI looks pretty neat. And I agree.
Rachet & Clank is about, well, Rachet & Clank. If my memory recalls, Rachet is the last of the Lombax, a fictional race of rat/bunny/lynx/lion people.
Well, y'know, except Angela Cross, Rachet Clones, Lorona Cross, a couple others, and Azmiuth.
In their games, they travel through space to do things such as stopping the universe from being eaten by some sort of monster.

They're heroes, in case you haven't noticed. :bubblebobble:

AndreaAC

Rachet & Clank is about, well, Rachet & Clank. If my memory recalls, Rachet is the last of the Lombax, a fictional race of rat/bunny/lynx/lion people.
Well, y'know, except Angela Cross, Rachet Clones, Lorona Cross, a couple others, and Azmiuth.
In their games, they travel through space to do things such as stopping the universe from being eaten by some sort of monster.

They're heroes, in case you haven't noticed. :bubblebobble:
Eh....thanks for the info, and it is pretty obvious that they are.

Top Bottom