• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't know if was already posted, but Ubisoft Brazil tweeted that;

"The week began sad for those who like video games. Satoru Iwata, thank you for everything!"

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wait, that came from Ubisoft Brazil? That is so nice of them.
yeah! they even made this mockup; really nice from them.
I'll catch the link to post..

EDIT: Oh sorry, I mistook with a tweet, but actually was a post from their Official Facebook page; here's the link and the post:

PS: I'm really ashamed of the commentary section; Don't even bother to try to translate;.. many there are the worst kind of gamer that I feel, sadly, it's majority in Brazil.. but eh.. Still nice from Ubi Brazil.

Mario needs some support from Rayman...

ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!!

:lol:

Sorry, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood.
heh, I'm sure that fighting a bit will help Mario forget about that; principally with Rayman and his energetic mood. =)

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
What makes it even more sad is that other gaming development companies whether close to Nintendo or not are all giving their respects and condolences and doing tributes to him, his family, friends, and Nintendo as a whole. It just really goes to show how much of a well respected individual Iwata was throughout the gaming industry.
RIP Iwata

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SMILE.jpg

Shay: "Alright, Rayman, change the gloomy mood for a bit."

Rayman: "But what can I do?"

Shay: "Simple: SMILE."

Rayman: "But it's not easy, Master!"

Shay: "Let me help you then."

Rayman: "FYEAH! ITF WORKFED! *Thumbs up*"

Shay: "There, that's better."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I couldn't stay with that mood for too long.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 61670

Shay: "Alright, Rayman, change the gloomy mood for a bit."

Rayman: "But what can I do?"

Shay: "Simple: SMILE."

Rayman: "But it's not easy, Master!"

Shay: "Let me help you then."

Rayman: "FYEAH! ITF WORKFED! *Thumbs up*"

Shay: "There, that's better."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I couldn't stay with that mood for too long.
xD Oh, how adorable. Nice doodle Andrea. I like it.

AndreaAC

xD Oh geezus. How fitting. You know you have great taste in music selections when you happen to draw to them. Haha.
xD Thanks again, .u. that music really helps me to think in silly and funny stuff, it is called "Hyperfun" for a reason! I also like to listen to the Tricky Treasure theme from Origins.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Thanks again, .u. that music really helps me to think in silly and funny stuff, it is called "Hyperfun" for a reason! I also like to listen to the Tricky Treasure theme from Origins.
Well, I gotta admit, I did liked how fun that track sounded in Origins (mainly because how many times I had to retry the level for the most part...)

But yeah, those are very funny sounding songs, and stuff like that really is rather fun to listen to when you draw. xD Sadly I get too distracted most of the time when I do listen to music I like. =u=

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
One Year Later...
It is hard to believe it's been a year. That very day, a character's chances went up, and a dead thread became very much alive. I couldn't believe he got a trophy. I always thought Rayman in Smash was a pipe dream, but seeing it rise to a possibility, made me happier than any character reveal (with the exception of Sonic in Brawl).

AndreaAC

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
One Year Later...
It's wierd to know how long that has been since then, and how much has changed since then. All of which marks one year I've been on Smashboards.

When Rayman is added as a playable fighter, I'm hoping both his known looks are customs >.<

Rayman 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmNyrdztbd8

Rayman Origins / Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6df_fBlSA9w
That would make for a rather nice compromise, similar to like Wario's biker outfit and classic outfit.

But I'll always prefer R3 Rayman the most if that version ever was made playable.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I've asked Ubisoft on Twitter the other day if there's any plans on porting Rayman Adventures to Android phones and the Wii U eShop, and this is what they said:

Well, I have an Android phone myself, so that's sort of good news, but I still wish they wouldn't leave the Wii U out in the cold, considering Iwata's passing and such.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've asked Ubisoft on Twitter the other day if there's any plans on porting Rayman Adventures to Android phones and the Wii U eShop, and this is what they said:

Well, I have an Android phone myself, so that's sort of good news, but I still wish they wouldn't leave the Wii U out in the cold, considering Iwata's passing and such.
It's a bit odd they're not putting it on consoles, it looks like it could be a $15 eShop game.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Found this thread. Couldn't help but upload this image.

I'm currently creating a whole portfolio if Rayman where to be DLC for Smash. Not only will I create a moveset, but I will be including two versions of his stages (one for Wii U and one for 3DS), his hit animation concepts, K.O animation concepts (the one above his Splat Screen KO), his Final Smash, an assist trophy, his obtainable trophies, a tracklist of what music his stages will include, and many more. And browsing through this thread, I've seen his alt costumes which I really liked and his splash image (the one that says "Rayman Battles the Legends, which I swore I wrote before anyone else, haha). And if anyone's interested in helping me out, I can sure use a hand.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I'm currently creating a whole portfolio if Rayman where to be DLC for Smash. Not only will I create a moveset, but I will be including two versions of his stages (one for Wii U and one for 3DS), his hit animation concepts, K.O animation concepts (the one above his Splat Screen KO), his Final Smash, an assist trophy, his obtainable trophies, a tracklist of what music his stages will include, and many more. And browsing through this thread, I've seen his alt costumes which I really liked and his splash image (the one that says "Rayman Battles the Legends, which I swore I wrote before anyone else, haha). And if anyone's interested in helping me out, I can sure use a hand.
Welcome to the Glade! Of course we'll help you out!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Pretty nice drawing. Welcome to Smashboards and welcome to the Glade. :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Oh hey, I recognize you from the RPC forums, welcome to Smashboards! I'm also one of the admins on Operation Rayfall, looking forward to your finished product.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree, if you don't like one of his appeatances, you can go with the other...o_o and the second picture looks so creepy...
If you go to 1:49 of that video and watch, the music in the backround will make it funny / creepier.. to meh at least XD

It's wierd to know how long that has been since then, and how much has changed since then. All of which marks one year I've been on Smashboards.

That would make for a rather nice compromise, similar to like Wario's biker outfit and classic outfit.

But I'll always prefer R3 Rayman the most if that version ever was made playable.
You and me both. I grown more accustomed to that form. It just looks so natural to me compared to the newer version XD But to each his own :o

AndreaAC

If you go to 1:49 of that video and watch, the music in the backround will make it funny / creepier.. to meh at least XD

You and me both. I grown more accustomed to that form. It just looks so natural to me compared to the newer version XD But to each his own :o
xD I second that. ^u^ The original 3 designs will be always the best. .u. and I will try tomorrow when I don't have to go to sleep.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, to own their own. :) I'll always be fond of R3 Rayman, as it holds the most memorable moments, imo.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Sad there's no Ly though...

But still, I agree to that. Looks pretty neat, I like the Teensies one.
And I want that hoodie the Rayman cosplay has, it looks like R3's hoodie and well, it seems to be the design the person got based from!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This got nothing to deal with Smash, but this should be caught at attention towards where Rayman stands at his icon status. This is a list of the top gaming mascots of all time. Rayman made it to the list, but he's ranked kind of low. The other third parties that's also in Smash also made it onto this list along with of course Mario.

List is here: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/08/best-video-game-mascots/
Notice how there is no Indie characters at all on this list, only the ones that changed or are important to gaming history.

PS: The next direct, is going to be a killer, to the point where I'm kind of dreading it, I know they're going to do some tribute to Iwata and that's just going to be hard to be hard watch. It's already hard seeing all of these tweets and Youtube tribute videos made about him, if Nintendo does an official one of their own, it's going to be even more hard to watch their tribute to Iwata. I just hope they don't do it at the beginning of the direct, because if they do I won't be able to watch the rest of the direct because it even more of a reminder that he's not with us anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom