• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was going to bring that up, that it was an apocalyptic setting, so everything was destroyed in the process, making the setting fit the circumstance. But I forgot to say it.

And well, that's really nice of that for you, that sounds like a wonderful level from the sounds of it.
Exactly.

And you have seen it I guess.

And now I just noticed, Rayman is kicking Catrines, which is sad, but if RL Rayman faced La Catrina and Quetzalcoatl (He first being her stole, and then turning back into his full size and maybe getting enormous wings), he would end up deep down into the land of the forgotten.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh boring it was for sure. this video also makes it look easy. the controls are horrible and the ship is so clunky you damage it if you as much as bump into a twig.
I would assume it would be troubling, I assume you played the N64 version maybe? I played Revolution on the PS2, which might have improved the controls a bit, idk.

But still, despite my love for R2, f*ck that shell level on Raz's ship at the end...

Exactly.

And you have seen it I guess.

And now I just noticed, Rayman is kicking Catrines, which is sad, but if RL Rayman faced La Catrina and Quetzalcoatl (He first being her stole, and then turning back into his full size and maybe getting enormous wings), he would end up deep down into the land of the forgotten.
It looks rather beautiful, imo, glad something like that got conceptualized in a Rayman game before. And well, something like Quetzalcoatl (or even your Catrine Ridley as a secret super boss xD) being a boss in Rayman would be rather badass, if I had to be honest. Which would be funny if that was how we'd end up after "beating" him, being sent to the Land of the Livid dead as a reference, or even The Cave of Bad Dreams, to fight off against Jano.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I would assume it would be troubling, I assume you played the N64 version maybe? I played Revolution on the PS2, which might have improved the controls a bit, idk.

But still, despite my love for R2, f*ck that shell level on Raz's ship at the end...

It looks rather beautiful, imo, glad something like that got conceptualized in a Rayman game before. And well, something like Quetzalcoatl (or even your Catrine Ridley as a secret super boss xD) being a boss in Rayman would be rather badass, if I had to be honest. Which would be funny if that was how we'd end up after "beating" him, being sent to the Land of the Livid dead as a reference, or even The Cave of Bad Dreams, to fight off against Jano.
xD Neh, with that I meant he would be =totally= turned into dust, after all, he would be facing 2 of the most iconic and powerful deities that Mexico has in its traditions and ancient mythology, La Catrina being the something like a Goddess of Death and Quetzalcoatl being the God of the Winds and Creator (of life and humanity if I remember correctly, unlike his brother Tezcatlipoca, the God of War).

xD OH, YOU! and maybe to the land of the Livid Dead would be a good idea, but it would not be part of the Land of the Dead where La Catrina rules supreme.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well this is really offtopic but it's just been announced Satoru Iwata has sadly passed away. his operation wasn't succesful and he has left us. only 55 years old. today is a sad day.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well this is really offtopic but it's just been announced Satoru Iwata has sadly passed away. his operation wasn't succesful and he has left us. only 55 years old. today is a sad day.
Saturo Iwata has just passed away, rest in peace, good sir. :sadeyes:
OMG. :( That's really sad to hear that happened... I hope the great man rest in peace...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm really sad right now.
Iwata was a great man. He helped create the FIGHTER BALLOT. You know how awesome he is when he decides to do such a thing.
R.I.P, Mr. Iwata.

:crying:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
R.I.P. To Satoru Iwata
1959-2015
A great game developer, businessman, president, and of course gamer.
You will be missed and your legacy shall live on.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

AndreaAC

death.jpg

Rayman: "Why does this has to happen, Master Shay?"

Shay: "Life has to end at some point, and it doesn't matter how much you fear death, you cannot avoid it, at least not forever. But, the fact that someone's body is no longer here, that doesn't mean they are gone completely."

Rayman: "What do you mean?"

Shay: "Their soul cannot disappear into thin air, and they also leave a Legacy, no matter who they are, their words, ideas, experiences, mistakes, relationships and many other things they have done here in the living world is their Legacy. It is why they are going to be always remembered, maybe for some years, or until the world meets its very end. And if it is someone close to you the one you lost, they will be always watching over you, but, if you mourn them for too long, they are not going to rest in peace until you accept their departure the best way possible."

Rayman: "Wow...I never saw it that way. Thank you, Master."

Shay: "No problem, young fella."

I learned that in the hard way last year when I lost someone close to me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 61458

Shay: "Life has to end at some point, and it doesn't matter how much you fear death, you cannot avoid it, at least not forever. But, the fact that someone's body is no longer here, that doesn't mean they are gone completely."

Shay: "Their soul cannot disappear into thin air, and they also leave a Legacy, no matter who they are, their words, ideas, experiences, mistakes, relationships and many other things they have done here in the living world is their Legacy. It is why they are going to be always remembered, maybe for some years, or until the world meets its very end. And if it is someone close to you the one you lost, they will be always watching over you, but, if you mourn them for too long, they are not going to rest in peace until you accept their departure the best way possible."

May I use this for a compilation?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It wouldn't feel right drawing Rayman instead of characters he's more associated with.

Thank you for everything, Mr. Iwata.

AndreaAC

View attachment 61500

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I added a little bit of more details into the drawing, do you think you could is the modified version instead of the previous one for the compilation, please? and thank you!

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
I know. Talk about sudden death. I've read that he had health problems but wasn't aware of how devastating it was. Didn't expect him to go that way very quick. It's very melancholy. :(

View attachment 61500

The sentimentality is real here. :crying: Like the drawing, though. :)

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I would've drawn something for the good man. Unfortunately I'm without my laptop and tablet until friday. :c

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
You know someone's death means a lot to the gaming community when your rivals (Sony and Microsoft) acknowledge what a genius Iwata is.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't have my tablet at the moment, so I can't draw my picture. But the moment I get it, you can bet I'll start on it.

AndreaAC

freedom2.jpg

I have been listening to Ave Maria for a while, it's so beautiful that this came to mind. May all the ones that aren't with us in this world find their eternal rest alonside the Omnipotent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom