• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thank you.
I'm glad you say this because somebody commented on my drawing and said it looked creepy. :urg:
Sigh.... I don't think Miiverse likes Rayman that much.
Well, maybe if you keep practicing with it, you can always improve on things that may be off or so. Practice with drawing Rayman more and I'm sure it can get even better. :]

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was thinking of doing a compilation of Miiverse drawings to post on Facebook, if any of you have any, could you post them?
@ GaroMaster GaroMaster I'll include your drawing with them.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I was thinking of doing a compilation of Miiverse drawings to post on Facebook, if any of you have any, could you post them?
@ GaroMaster GaroMaster I'll include your drawing with them.
Thank you.
Loves Smash finally posted this.
K. Rool and Rayman are 1st and 3rd?!
YEAHHH!!!!
Soon, these three characters will be heading to a destination named DLC.

In case you're wondering, K. Rool has stolen Diddy's Jetpack and Rayman is tagging along on Wolf's Wolfen.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Thank you.

K. Rool and Rayman are 1st and 3rd?!
YEAHHH!!!!
Soon, these three characters will be heading to a destination named DLC.

In case you're wondering, K. Rool has stolen Diddy's Jetpack and Rayman is tagging along on Wolf's Wolfen.
That's the most glorious picture I've ever seen.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I wonder what would happen if a 3D Rayman game were made within the Unreal Engine...

I saw it in other site and wow.. this shows that Mario and realistic graphics don't stick together.. at least for me xD. (I think that I said it correctly (?))

Btw, the video is cool.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I saw it in other site and wow.. this shows that Mario and realistic graphics don't stick together.. at least for me xD. (I think that I said it correctly (?))

Btw, the video is cool.
Your English was correct, yes. And Of course, I totally agree with that statement.

But interesting enough, if you have more appropriate lighting and artstyle, to accommodate R2/R3 gameplay and story directions, that "Rayman 4" before the Rabbids idea might have been perfect.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Just a quick question, but would Rayman's idle pose come from Origins or the original?
I don't know about you, but he seems a little too energetic when he's in his Origins idle state.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just a quick question, but would Rayman's idle pose come from Origins or the original?
I don't know about you, but he seems a little too energetic when he's in his Origins idle state.
His R1 pose is rather quite "calm and collected" I don't know if it would fit properly... But I think R2 and R3 is a bit better with that, imo...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
His R1 pose is rather quite "calm and collected" I don't know if it would fit properly... But I think R2 and R3 is a bit better with that, imo...
I think they should stay with the "energetic" idle pose because, at least that will look, I don't know, consistant? if not, it would look like he's calm and then goes into a rush of A LOT of caffeine, running and walking like crazy.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think they should stay with the "energetic" idle pose because, at least that will look, I don't know, consistant? if not, it would look like he's calm and then goes into a rush of A LOT of caffeine, running and walking like crazy.
Good point, when it comes to being O/L Rayman. Maybe some kind of hybrid, being a bit slower then it is directly from Origins, after all, it is an idle.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
In Origins/Legends, if you leave Rayman idle long enough, he'll stand upright in a calmer manner, much like in Rayman 1.

That would probably be the base idle stance while the hunched over look would be an idle animation, with him looking around.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this video is old news or not, but Iwanted to share this with the Glade of Dreams XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'd say a mixture of both, Sakuari does like to say true to a character's roots (inb4 Ganondorf).

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If only it were real.....

I'm still confident about Rayman making it in, but something at the back of my mind is nagging at me, telling me he won't make the cut.
Prove me wrong, Sakurai. I can only hope and pray he adds our limbless hero.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
That's just one opinion though
True.
However, when I look at what the Miiverse community wants in Smash in terms of third parties, the majority either say Banjo, Shantae, or Shovel Knight, with little to no mention of Rayman.
Sakurai IS going to be looking at what the fans and although we have the Smash Ballot, he probably won't look through just that.
On the bright side, however, at least I did a massive campaign for Rayman at my school, which probably can't be said for the other choices.
I'm not trying to boast that I did it. I'm just stating that I'm glad I did it.
@ R RayStrYke
Were you just talking about my drawing?

Last edited:

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
Before I log off tonight my post has actually caught some positive attention for people to vote for the Ray

then caused this monstrosity

Good Night
#Rayman4Smash

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey guys! I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it's been announced that Miiverse will be going through a major redesign this summer. It includes a more streamlined interface that organizes your posts into three separate categories, such as screenshots, game journal posts, and drawings. The real downside to this is that you could only make 30 posts a day. This might affect our cause a bit in spreading the word about Rayman in Smash Bros.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hey guys! I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it's been announced that Miiverse will be going through a major redesign this summer. It includes a more streamlined interface that organizes your posts into three separate categories, such as screenshots, game journal posts, and drawings. The real downside to this is that you could only make 30 posts a day. This might affect our cause a bit in spreading the word about Rayman in Smash Bros.
I read about that and it's nice to hear that they're updating their social network. Now I want to know how will be the new Club Nintendo.

And for Rayman, don't worry, I'm pretty sure that he's been spread enough, but of course, the more the merrier! xD

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Oh, I've been meaning to tell you this. I got my latest issue of Nintendo Force several weeks ago. In it, there's a section regarding the top choices for the Smash Bros Ballot, which features Artsi Omni's renders of Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, and Shovel Knight. As for the top choices, well, Rayman nor Banjo aren't listed as #1. In fact, they're not even on the list at all. You wanna know who is #1? It's Shovel Knight. Reason why Rayman haven't been listed is because Ubisoft has pulled most of their support for Nintendo and that his amiibo probably won't look pretty. For Banjo, it's simply because he's owned by Microsoft and that will support the competition. As an avid reader of their magazine, I find this rather biased. It doesn't help ever since they gave Rayman Legends a 7.5, which is less compared to Sonic Lost World, which earns a 8.0.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh, I've been meaning to tell you this. I got my latest issue of Nintendo Force several weeks ago. In it, there's a section regarding the top choices for the Smash Bros Ballot, which features Artsi Omni's renders of Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, and Shovel Knight. As for the top choices, well, Rayman nor Banjo aren't listed as #1. In fact, they're not even on the list at all. You wanna know who is #1? It's Shovel Knight. Reason why Rayman haven't been listed is because Ubisoft has pulled most of their support for Nintendo and that his amiibo probably won't look pretty. For Banjo, it's simply because he's owned by Microsoft and that will support the competition. As an avid reader of their magazine, I find this rather biased. It doesn't help ever since they gave Rayman Legends a 7.5, which is less compared to Sonic Lost World, which earns a 8.0.
That's weird, I think that Ubisoft is one of the few (or the only one? xD) who is still helping the Wii U. Ok, they don't publish Assassin's Creed and "mature" games on the Wii U (now, but they published one AC and Watchdogs), but they're still supporting the Wii U with games like Rayman and Just Dance, maybe the last game I said isn't a big game but, believe me, at least is support, not like other companies (EA).

Last edited:
Top Bottom