• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So.. looks like someone discovered a "beta?" image of Rayman 2, for me it looks weird and fantastic at the same time xD:

And it looks like a inspiration to do the shoe-race from Rayman 3.

He cut the half of his hair xD.
O.O WOW, AWESOME FIND! xD and I didn't noticed it when I gave the image a quick glance!

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
I'm positive another Nintendo Direct will happen around that time to show off more content before the Ballot begins.
I bet everybody is so worked around the results
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you guys.
In terms of original levels, I think Origins is better than Legends.
I mean, not only is the game more difficult, but it also doesn't have a bunch of collectibles in each level, which makes finding each secret less tedious. Additionally, the Murfy levels aren't exactly the most enjoyable.
Legends may have the advantage of having the better art style, controls, and creativity, but I feel like Origins is more consistent in quality with its levels, especially since there are no Murfy levels.
So, what game do you guys think is better in terms of brand new levels? Origins or Legends?
Origins was more difficult than Legends

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
- NO ARMS AND THEN HE HAS MORE HEAD !!! - Translated from french don't know what the bottom says
(Kinda creepy cause it is unknown)
- wondered what the text said

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
- NO ARMS AND THEN HE HAS MORE HEAD !!! - Translated from french don't know what the bottom says
The image is shocking.. xD every time I see.. omg, could you put it in spoilers, please? xD

I translated that too.. but I don't know what it's in the bottom, I don't think it's french. I wonder what it's. I want to think that they made that image to have fun.. but seriously they're crazy xD. They could do something like this:

Or just say "Rayman will be better and popular than Mario".

But no, they had to do that image xD.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

NO ARMS AND THEN HE HAS MORE HEAD !!! - Translated from french don't know what the bottom says
O__O HOLY HELL, Now...that is kind of graphic...I never thought I would see something like that, I mean, I could have drawn Rayman beating up Mario in a fight, but never blowing his head off...and not that bloody.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
The image is shocking.. xD every time I see.. omg, could you put it in spoilers, please? xD

I translated that too.. but I don't know what it's in the bottom, I don't think it's french. I wonder what it's. I want to think that they made that image to have fun.. but seriously they're crazy xD. They could do something like this:

Rayman hype real though

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
very bad way to start a new page; put that in spoilers, please.
Yeah xD, I put it in a spoiler in the previous page, I mean.. it's shocking...

Btw, another fact about Rayman 2, Eig was intended to be a boss:

This is Eig:

And here you can read about it:
There are some beta images and you can see that Rayman had a friend fish (maybe it was changed for Carmen?)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

You should put that in spoilers, like what Jaster did before.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux if you can.

very bad way to start a new page; put that in spoilers, please.
Like they say.

Yeah xD, I put it in a spoiler in the previous page, I mean.. it's shocking...

Btw, another fact about Rayman 2, Eig was intended to be a boss:

This is Eig:

And here you can read about it:
There are some beta images and you can see that Rayman had a friend fish (maybe it was changed for Carmen?)
xD Where are you getting all these facts from, I never could find stuff like this.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
You should put that in spoilers, like what Jaster did before.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux if you can.

Like they say.

xD Where are you getting all this fact, I never could find stuff like this.
I took it from the Rayman Pirate Community, there's a topic where they put unseen images and rare pictures of the Rayman series, they're doing an incredible job, here is the link if you want to see.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I took it from the Rayman Pirate Community, there's a topic where they put unseen images and rare pictures of the Rayman series, they're doing an incredible job, here is the link if you want to see.
Ah, I should have known. xD That would be nice, thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Oh, I remember that topic! I used to check it regularly and waited to see new images! :D And thanks for sharing yet again! it is really fun to see the beta stuff!

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
I hope it wasn't Ubisoft...doesn't show a good premeance if this was omething done back in the day from them...

I think it's fan made though... But I wish it was spoilered still...
I hope so aswell.. id be ultra sad to see Rayman automatically kicked for this.. I planned on maining him, high or low tier :(

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I hope it wasn't Ubisoft...doesn't show a good premeance if this was something done back in the day from them...

I think it's fan made though... But I wish it was spoilered still...
It looks kind of badly photoshoped, like they just put a lot of stuff together and got the backgrounds out, I still can see some out of place pixels. I just wonder where did the pissed off looking R2 Rayman came from.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It looks kind of badly photoshoped, like they just put a lot of stuff together and got the backgrounds out, I still can see some out of place pixels. I just wonder where did the pissed off looking R2 Rayman came from.
I know, I noticed, hence why I said I was sure it was fan made. I think it might just be a edited render of preexisting art and such.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft
Here's one more:

@ R RayStrYke
For the love of God, can you PLEASE put that picture under SPOILERS??
Please and thank you.
Seem like a great time for RayStrike to have left the site after posting that image out in the open like that. His alerts are going to be broken.

Also, I'm discovering some interesting stuff.

tumblr_mhp3dnZeZE1s3jrlno1_1280.jpg

Seems like that Beta R3 Rayman, based on R2 facial features but with everything else R3 Ray. Funny how his O symbol is yellow and hoodie light purple/pink/etc. xD

Also;

01_01_Market_19.jpg

This image of Ray is badass. xD

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Seem like a great time for RayStrike to have left the site after posting that image out in the open like that. His alerts are going to be broken.

Seems like that Beta R3 Rayman, based on R2 facial features but with everything else R3 Ray. Funny how his O symbol is yellow and hoodie light purple/pink/etc. xD

Also;

View attachment 59762
The first image is broken, could you fix that?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

View attachment 59763

Also;

View attachment 59762
Now, I like that pissed off version of Ray.

AndreaAC

Well, since my care for Smash isn't like it used to be, just to support the fans, and have a HD 3D model of Rayman, even if it's not R3 Rayman...
Yeah, same here, I honestly don't care about what happens to Rayman regarding Smash, I'm just here for the great people I have met, and because Rayman is the Hero of my childhood, and drawing and making projects with him has given me more fun and good times than the Ridley fanbase did before.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, same here, I honestly don't care about what happens to Rayman regarding Smash, I'm just here for the great people I have met, and because Rayman is the Hero of my childhood, and drawing and making projects with him has given me more fun and good times than the Ridley fanbase did later on.
This. Pretty much this to a tee. You guys have made being apart of this group wonderful, and I'm glad to have met you all. :)

With that, more render art.

rayman 2.jpg

This has got to be the best R2 Render model of Ray I've ever seen, imo.

Top Bottom