• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just for the sake of moving this thread along...
Alright, guys. Why do you guys want to see Rayman in Smash?
Short answer: I love Rayman.

Long answer: My three favorite video game franchises are Sonic, Mario, and Rayman. These three franchises are what made me a gamer, and the characters as well as the world they live in also inspired my art, along with several cartoons. They remain my top three favorite characters in any sort of media. To have them not only fight against, but along side each other, is a childhood dream come true. I've said multiple times Smash 4 would be my favorite video game of all-time if that happens. The first thing I did when I got the Rayman trophy was taking a picture of him, Sonic, and Mario. Rayman in Smash would mean a lot to me.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Personally, I want to see Rayman make a playable appearance for the following reasons:
  1. Rayman 2, Origins, and Legends are among the most creative games I have ever played.
  2. Rayman is the famous mascot of Ubisoft, with his series selling over 25 million copies worldwide, so he's got the star power to be a guest character.
  3. Rayman has a ton of history on Nintendo hardware and his appearance is very Nintendo like, so he'd fit right in.
  4. HE'S GOT THREE TROPHIES. YOU BETTER NOT WASTE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE HIM PLAYABLE, SAKURAI.
  5. He's a character that is unlike any other in terms of design AND moveset potential.
With his star power, uniqueness, and history on Nintendo hardware, Rayman is unquestionably a must for DLC.

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
- NO ARMS AND THEN HE HAS MORE HEAD !!! - Translated from french don't know what the bottom says
(Kinda creepy cause it is unknown)
- wondered what the text said
Souly my mistake totally forgot about spoilers I just deleted it

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
you know the guy who made a rayman model a while back? the really pretty one? well if you contact him via his deviantart and you prove you're able to do things with the model he's willing to give it to you for artsy purposes. so if you want it and use it to create mockups of how it would look if he was in the game this is your chance!
http://nibroc-rock.deviantart.com/

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
There was a "leak" of Rayman 4 in the Rayman facebook page, I think it's only a joke, but it has to be said that they deleted the messages:

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
There was a "leak" of Rayman 4 in the Rayman facebook page, I think it's only a joke, but it has to be said that they deleted the messages:

They probably deleted the messages as to not upset the fans.

Inside Out got the Rayman treatment? That looks really great!:b:

I can't help but feel like something BIG is coming.
They're working on Ridley.:troll:

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
They didn't even delete them. The messages are still there.

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
Hmm, I don't seem to see the same comments as the ones on the post you linked. Where I can see them, the comments are there and they later added a new comment where they apologised for making some people think they had announced Rayman 4. But on your link I can't see those comments.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hmm, I don't seem to see the same comments as the ones on the post you linked. Where I can see them, the comments are there and they later added a new comment where they apologised for making some people think they had announced Rayman 4. But on your link I can't see those comments.
Oh, that's strange xD. Well, as I said it was only a joke.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Calling it right now:
Ancel is working with Sakurai to make Rayman a playable character in Smash 4.
It's definitely a long shot, but it would be a dream come true.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Calling it right now:
Ancel is working with Sakurai to make Rayman a playable character in Smash 4.
It's definitely a long shot, but it would be a dream come true.
Yeah, that would be awesome, but I don't think that that's an "exciting project" is that.. or at least I hope is a new game.

Btw, what was "the big announcement" about Smash Bros in the CEO 2015?

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Defiitely the first one.

just to get it out there again because I know some people might want it and I'd love to see what you'd be able to do with it:

you know the guy who made a rayman model a while back? the really pretty one? well if you contact him via his deviantart and you prove you're able to do things with the model he's willing to give it to you for artsy purposes. so if you want it and use it to create mockups of how it would look if he was in the game this is your chance!
http://nibroc-rock.deviantart.com/

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I love Inside Out so much.
"Congratulations San Francisco, you've ruined pizza! First the Hawaiians, and now you."
I'll put this here...

I have a feeling they're talking about Beyond Good and Evil 2, but I hope it's about Rayman.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I love Inside Out so much.
"Congratulations San Francisco, you've ruined pizza! First the Hawaiians, and now you."

I have a feeling they're talking about Beyond Good and Evil 2, but I hope it's about Rayman.
Why would you think that?
Didn't Ancel leave the project behind a couple weeks ago?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Which Kirby transformation of Rayman do you guys prefer?
Picture #1

Picture #2
I was meaning to post that image a while ago, but I forgot.

But as all characters Kirby hats are, even Ryu's,

...Umm, wrong image. xD

So I would just expect this one;

But it would be the Legends design one, most likely, but I would die if it was R3 Rayman...

Last edited:
Top Bottom