• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Finally, here are two Atari Jaguar commercials that showed snippets of gameplay from the original Rayman.
That about wraps it up for the night. Good night!
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash
#Rayman20

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

This plushie looks nice, but it would have looked better if his eyes weren't so small.

AndreaAC

:) Heh, pretty nice. You're right about the eyes, but I like it. xD Also like how it's a mix of R2 and R3 Rayman's too.
It's really cute..>u> I want one, mostly that looks like my Lil' Ray. Also:

I found these:

This is his expression to Mario's and Ezio's creepy faces from yesterday...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
BoredomColor.png

Rayman: How's your birthday holding up, Sonic?

Sonic: Slow, still waiting on Sega to released that "Main stream" Sonic game the fans are waiting for... how about you? You turned 20 this year, right?

Rayman: Yeah...with no game to show for it.

Sonic: Seems we do have a common interest between us.

Rayman: Yeah, guess so...

I got nothing else to do, so, I just colored this old picture out of boredom...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey, here's something a bit off topic, but it involves Pac-Man and how he wouldn't make the cut in Smash Bros should they used his new look, which I'm glad they didn't.

Which brings to mind regarding Rayman and the design for his trophy. What are Sakurai's thoughts on it in relation to this?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
View attachment 59009
Rayman: How's your birthday holding up, Sonic?

Sonic: Slow, still waiting on Sega to released that "Main stream" Sonic game the fans are waiting for... how about you? You turned 20 this year, right?

Rayman: Yeah...with no game to show for it.

Sonic: Seems we do have a common interest between us.

Rayman: Yeah, guess so...

I got nothing else to do, so, I just colored this old picture out of boredom...
I still believe that we may get a mainstream Sonic game when the NX releases and also the anniversary game for Rayman may end up being for the NX as well, for all we know these games more than likey started out as planned Wii U games but probably weren't ready yet, now it may be moved to the next console now.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, here's something a bit off topic, but it involves Pac-Man and how he wouldn't make the cut in Smash Bros should they used his new look, which I'm glad they didn't.

Which brings to mind regarding Rayman and the design for his trophy. What are Sakurai's thoughts on it in relation to this?
If that meant R3 Rayman could be playable, GOD YES.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

._. Well, what I think is that when he saw the first model Ubi sent to him (the drunk faced one), he thought it looked like crap, that's why probably they sent it back to Ubi to make it more accurate to the game, even if it wasn't supposed to be 3D...and if Ray was in with his Legends design...probably something similar to PACMAN's case of design rejection could happen...honest.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

Again, don't really think the design is that bad as people make it out to be. Though I'm happy that they went with the classic humanoid design of PacMan that people are a bit more familiar with.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I actually don't hate Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man (in fact it's grown on me), but seeing the old design in action again reminds me how much better it is. The only thing I hate about GA Pac is his voice.

In regards to Rayman's trophy, Sakuari is probably satisfied with the model.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
so uhm I am now Helping SegaNintendoUbisoft as a 2nd admin for Operation Rayfall on facebook. just figured I'd let you all know c:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I actually don't hate Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man (in fact it's grown on me), but seeing the old design in action again reminds me how much better it is. The only thing I hate about GA Pac is his voice.

In regards to Rayman's trophy, Sakuari is probably satisfied with the model.
I never really cared much about GA, nor have I ever bothered watching the show, but for once, I'm glad Sakurai shares our views regarding Pac-Man.

I hope so. Now there's only the matter of translating this design in full action.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I never really cared much about GA, nor have I ever bothered watching the show, but for once, I'm glad Sakurai shares our views regarding Pac-Man.

I hope so. Now there's only the matter of translating this design in full action.
I do hope they fix the flat face if he becomes playable.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heh. That definitely would look cool.

I'd kinda wanna see what they could do in a remake of the first game too though... I mean a LOT has changed since that title.

A lot of the Ray people in the game were converted into teensies after all...

It be nice if they could bring the game that started the whole thing up to Standards a bit.

That said... I wonder how Mr. Dark would look?

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I have confidence Sakurai will either choose the R3 Rayman or R2 Rayman over the Origins Rayman.
Given his stance on using the classic designs for the likes of Mega Man, Ryu, and Pac-Man, I could only imagine the same would happen to Rayman.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have confidence Sakurai will either choose the R3 Rayman or R2 Rayman over the Origins Rayman.
Given his stance on using the classic designs for the likes of Mega Man, Ryu, and Pac-Man, I could only imagine the same would happen to Rayman.
If that happened I'd be soooooo happy... ;w;

Also, something cute.

http://theeyzmaster.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-2-366359255

>u> Hehe, I like how Ly looks and her funny expression.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rayman 2 remake like this PLZ. That's the best model of R2 Ray I ever seen.
wow.
I love new versions of old models, this looks mind blowing.
I believe the opposite, we already have a concrete look of a Smash Rayman with his trophy. Weird things about it aside, it looks very Smash-like. If Rayman gets in, we're definitely getting the Origins/Legends look.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you guys think Sakurai won't add Rayman since he has no popularity in Japan?
Isn't Sonic not that popular in Japan, compared to the West?

I would go Little Mac, but he's not 3rd party, as your point is pointing at.

I don't think Japan is going to be the SOLE concern for more character DLC, imo. That would be very bias and limiting unique additions to the game.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Wow, that's me now that I entered in summer vacations. xD

Rayman 2 remake like this PLZ. That's the best model of R2 Ray I ever seen.
It reminds me of Rayman Revenge of the Dark, I really like that model.

I'm agreed with him, but that's because my likes, I prefer the classic model, I really enjoyed Pacman World in the PSX.

He's huge in Europe and in the United States. How about Rayman? Where's he popular?
If you count us (the people of this thread), he's very popular in Europe and America. And of course, I'm pretty sure he has a big fanbase (this doesn't have to mean that he's popular in there) in countries like Japan.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
He's huge in Europe and in the United States. How about Rayman? Where's he popular?
I would assume, Europe, because French, and the US. Like mostly every mascot character I'm noticing.

Wow, that's me now that I entered in summer vacations. xD

It reminds me of Rayman Revenge of the Dark, I really like that model.

I'm agreed with him, but that's because my likes, I prefer the classic model, I really enjoyed Pacman World in the PSX.

If you count us (the people of this thread), he's very popular in Europe and America.
Oh, you're on summer vacation? Glad to hear, hope you enjoy yourself pal! And of course, I would like to be Ray right now myself. xD

And yeah, I was getting that same vibe myself, although that model does honestly look better than the one used in RofD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom