• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Anyways, shifting back to Rayman, I got a question for you guys. A theoretical one:

Lets say Ray did make it into Smash as DLC this time around, and Smash 5 rolled around, and he came back as another Veteran. Another Ubisoft character was being considered to join him. What character do you think would join along side Ray? (Either from his series, or another Ubi franchise)
I could see Ubisoft pushing either an Assassin's Creed character, or a Rabbid.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, if you ask, if it's when like with Mega Man to Ryu, it would be more then possibly AC, if anything. Despite the rating, Snake still breaks that "rule". But then again, I don't know if Beyond Good and Evil could really happen. legacy wise, or possible wise (but I don't really know about that series well to judge). So chances are, it's going to be either no one ( like Sonic) or someone from Rayman again....which I don't honestly want, other than Barbara for whom I'd think could be choose I guess, but more than likely, it's going to be the DAMNED Rabbids...

I could see Ubisoft pushing either an Assassin's Creed character, or a Rabbid.

Heh. To be fair it would make sense. They are a popular series...

and on the bright side, Ray could finally get his revenge on the little buggers... IN THE BATTLEFIELD XD

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Heh. To be fair it would make sense. They are a popular series...

and on the bright side, Ray could finally get his revenge on the little buggers... IN THE BATTLEFIELD XD
I really would wish they stayed unplayable out of spite, and just be Smash Run enemies.

But I guess if it came to that... I guess. But I'd like something else from Rayman's series, I wonder how Globox or something from Rayman's past games could work out?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I really would wish they stayed unplayable out of spite, and just be Smash Run enemies.

But I guess if it came to that... I guess. But I'd like something else from Rayman's series, I wonder how Globox or something from Rayman's past games could work out?
Yeah the Rabbids joke aside, Globox could be an interesting character. He is able to do some of the things Ray can do (at least looking from Origins).. and maybe they could give him some unique stuff too.

You know considering the hell Ray was put through by those Rabbids, I wonder if he would hate anything that even resembles a bunny now?.. XD

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still don't think a second Sonic character is remotely possible, let alone hypotheticals from a series not yet properly in the game.

I'm more worried about Ubisoft's mascot getting in than a second character anyway.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I still don't think a second Sonic character is remotely possible, let alone hypotheticals from a series not yet properly in the game.

I'm more worried about Ubisoft's mascot getting in than a second character anyway.
Heh yeah. I did say it was theoretical XD. We haven't even got our foot on the map yet..
Edit: Then again I guess we might have our big toe on the map considering he has trophies... other than that... eh XD

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
All we need is Snake and Rayman.
I mean, one of them is a veteran, while the other is an iconic character who recently received three trophies.
In my eyes, they're the last icons of gaming that are missing from Smash 4. Not only do they have their roots planted in Nintendo hardware, but they could be among the most unique characters Smash will ever see.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Why am I getting this weird feeling that Shantae will get in over Rayman?
Sure, we do have more supporters than the Shantae thread, but everywhere I go, I see a ton of people asking for Shantae, but not Rayman, even here on Smashboards.
This makes me wonder if we're not vocal enough for our want for Rayman and that our shyness of voicing our wants will cost us in the end.
Granted, I wouldn't mind Shantae, but having her without Rayman? That rubs me the wrong way, especially since he has a trophy and is more famous.
(Sorry for the double post)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Sure, we do have more supporters than the Shantae thread, but everywhere I go, I see a ton of people asking for Shantae, but not Rayman, even here on Smashboards.
This makes me wonder if we're not vocal enough for our want for Rayman and that our shyness of voicing our wants will cost us in the end.
Granted, I wouldn't mind Shantae, but having her without Rayman? That rubs me the wrong way, especially since he has a trophy and is more famous.
Bro, don't lose faith on this. I know some characters like Shantae are probably more requested, but everywhere I go, Rayman is usually a very and I mean *VERY* common name amongst wanted characters for this game. I'm sure Rayman has a pretty good chance of getting in this game. Just give it sometime.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Bro, don't lose faith on this. I know some characters like Shantae are probably more requested, but everywhere I go, Rayman is usually a very and I mean *VERY* common name amongst wanted characters for this game. I'm sure Rayman has a pretty good chance of getting in this game. Just give it sometime.
I know, I know.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
At the same time, however, I don't want to ignore the competition, as ignoring them could prove detrimental.
That said, I'm just glad Sakurai is the one that is deciding which characters should be added. It makes me a little more optimistic that he won't be choosing just the top choice.
Besides, he said each third party has to be a special case, so I'm fairly confident he wouldn't choose a character that isn't the most well known.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's mostly because she's considered one of Nintendo's "Lost Mascot" or so. Her game on the GBC caused her to become rather unknown to many people, but the people that knows about her know her game has really good. (Kinda like the first Rayman game, imo)

And with her growing fame thanks to top quality games for the last 2-3 years being on Nintendo consoles, people have been pushing for her. Rayman's chances are not going to be harmed by her influence, I get the concern, but I'm not going to worry that she would take "Rayman's spot" after all, he has made it in as a trophy before she has.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's mostly because she's considered one of Nintendo's "Lost Mascot" or so. Her game on the GBC caused her to become rather unknown to many people, but the people that knows about her know her game has really good. (Kinda like the first Rayman game, imo)

And with her growing fame thanks to top quality games for the last 2-3 years being on Nintendo consoles, people have been pushing for her. Rayman's chances are not going to be harmed by her influence, I get the concern, but I'm not going to worry that she would take "Rayman's spot" after all, he has made it in as a trophy before she has.
As long as Rayman gets in, I'll be fine with every third party that comes along.
I just want Sakurai to confirm Rayman. It's scary to think that he could be deconfirmed.
It's very possible, but unfortunately, we're going to have to wait.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I know, I know.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
At the same time, however, I don't want to ignore the competition, as ignoring them could prove detrimental.
That said, I'm just glad Sakurai is the one that is deciding which characters should be added. It makes me a little more optimistic that he won't be choosing just the top choice.
Besides, he said each third party has to be a special case, so I'm fairly confident he wouldn't choose a character that isn't the most well known.
I'd say Rayman is decently known. Maybe not a huge player, but I often find myself liking the little guys more than the top dogs when it comes to video game characters (I'm a massive Mega Man fanatic in that regard).
I also know what it means to be paranoid. Hell, I didn't think Mega Man, my main in Smash 4, would even be in this game. If Mega Man, a franchise that was (and while it is, not as much) on the brink of death because of Capcom's incompetency, I'm sure Rayman has a chance. :)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So, what do you guys think are the odds that Rayman will get in as DLC?
Decent, if not great. Also persistently rising as time goes on. If Rayman ends up by the end of October having a huge fan demand in the ballot, you can bet he'll end up in the game. (and really, he already does..)

Last edited:

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
I would say pretty high up as a 3rd Party Character.
His popularity is a perk that can give a better eye opener for sakurai to consider.Or just look at the obvious Rayman has 3 Trophies in SM4SH as it is.
So I would say Rayman has a good a chance as us getting a new DK character.
-Off Topic
When people on the internet say Rayman dosn't have a chance for Smash or won't be right in Smash, Then I honestly don't know what the Hell they are thinking especially after Ryu

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
He's one of the more likely third parties given how he has three trophies, a deep history on Nintendo hardware, and great demand.
Not to mention, Nintendo DID publish Rayman Legends in Japan.
Overall, you could make the case that he has a better chance than Snake.
Even then, however, that's not saying much given his third party status.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly, I'm just glad Sakurai isn't the type of director that adds characters willy nilly just because fans demand them. If that were the case, we probably would've gotten 4 Sonic and Mega Man characters.
That isn't going to change even with the Ballot intact (hopefully). It gives me confidence that he'll make the right choice and add Rayman.
I'll be going to bed, so I wish you all good night. It's just reassuring that with each third party he adds, Sakurai has a good reason for their inclusion. I can only hope for Rayman's inclusion because of this.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash
#Rayman20

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

When we get a Pack 3 for Smash I wouldn't be surprised if the next wave had Sonic Mii fighter costumes in there.

I'm sure at least one or two more third parties would make it in. If not, I can also see why they'll be somewhat okay with Sega, Capcom, and Namco Bandai just having representation from their franchises through small content and not just their playable characters, because they maybe close to them and maybe somewhat more easy to convince than other companies.

I know most of the Japanese companies are okay to have their characters in the game, but they'll be somewhat hard to get and have a price to pay for a certain character. Someone from the west maybe a little cheaper though they may seem a bit too eager for Nintendo and Sakurai's liking and probably why western characters don't get much attention by Nintendo. Shantae's developers are somewhat an example of this in a way.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
lil Ray and Sonic.jpg

xD Just Lil Ray with Shay, and now Lil Sonic with Ezio. >u> They like to mock each other even as little toddlers.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Looking at this makes me believe that Rayman would be a combination of Mega Man's fantastic spacing ability and Sonic's combo-ing and attack strength. :p
Eh...I may not understand much on why does the drawing gives that idea (since I don't play smash, specially not smash 4), but, glad you liked it. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 58821

xD Just Lil Ray with Shay, and now Lil Sonic with Ezio. >u> They like to mock each other even as little toddlers.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
Didn't expect this. But thank you for this Andrea, I like it very much. :)

And Seeing that first screenshot reminds me of that one drawing I did a while back, it looks very similar to it for some random reason. xD But anyways, nice screenshots, Andrea.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
First image: "Ray: Hmm.... I wonder why I only have three fingers? I mean come on I don't even have limbs.. Would it have killed them to model the extra two? -_-"

Second: "Ray: Ah... dang my neck is itching. Oh. Wait... I don't have a neck.."

Third: "Ray: Well at least I can dribble my body.... that.. that counts for something right?... :/"

Top Bottom