• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Recently you did, but I had that idea way before, honest.
Well, ok then. I just like that for me since that was something I realized related to me when I did, before I even knew about his voice being the same as Sonic's. But it's fine, glad to drew the connection yourself as well.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

This pic looks kinda cool, but, Rayman's eyes seem out of place...and Mario has seen some real s&**

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This pic looks kinda cool, but, Rayman's eyes seem out of place...and Mario has seen some real s&**
xD And his eye's are discolored compared to the rest of his face. Haha!

Also, Ray's pupals are misplaced because they are actually separate meshes from the model, from the model I used before. xD

But, agreed, looks badass!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD And his eye's are discolored compared to the rest of his face. Haha!

Also, Ray's pupals are misplaced because they are actually separate meshes from the model, from the model I used before. xD

But, agreed, looks badass!
xD And here's another similar one:

o_o But...honestly, Mario's and Ezio's expressions scare me...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Response to the image:

Ratchet looks alright

Mario looks like he eat a few too many Mushrooms XD (and whats with the staff..)

Ray's eyes definitely look odd

Sonic is ok... dunno why he has Sora's Keyblade though... lol. What is he getting a job with Disney now? lol

Young link is fine

Spyro... looks really out of place with that somewhat untextured coloration XD

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD And here's another similar one:

o_o But...honestly, Mario's and Ezio's expressions scare me...
xD HAHAHA! OMG! Ezio's looks so creepy...like, "Hey there, come here often?" kind of face!

And is it just me, or those this kinda makes me think of the scene after you beat Razoff? Just from Ray's and Globox's pose and expressions? xD

AndreaAC

xD HAHAHA! OMG! Ezio's looks so creepy...like, "Hey there, come here often?" kind of face!

And is it just me, or those this kinda makes me think of the scene after you beat Razoff? Just from Ray's and Globox's pose and expressions? xD
O_O Exactly! >_> and Mario is definitely high on something....xD AND YEAH! I thought the same!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Heh, yeah. Though Twilight is a weee bit out of place.. lol. Heck what happened to Ratchet? XD

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Crazy, isn't? ._. Well, at least Ray looks kind of nice.
Yeah, indeed so. Your drawing of Ray as well.

But now that I noticed, Looking at Ray's model again, I remember I gotta think how can I make his expression, like, make him blink and move his face/head like in R3 to make those expressions right like in the game itself...

Atm, all I can really do ok is body language.

RaymanRig7.png

I don't think I posted this old one before.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD At least you can do that! all I can do is turn him into other materials like metals, glass, brick, etc. or put him into a studio with a shiny floor!
test.JPG

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD At least you can do that! all I can do is turn him into other materials like metals, glass, brick, etc. or put him into a studio with a shiny floor!
View attachment 58888
xD And with no shadow for Ray either!

>u> Well, yeah, perhaps, but, soon, you can do the same thing with rigging the Ray model when you get into rigging itself. And you'll get the hang of it in no time for sure. Ou<

AndreaAC

xD And with no shadow for Ray either!

>u> Well, yeah, perhaps, but, soon, you can do the same thing with rigging the Ray model when you get into rigging itself. And you'll get the hang of it in no time for sure. Ou<
TEST2.JPG

I could put a shadow and stuff...but I would need to learn to use the lights and environments right, the pic I posted before had a Dome light, so, it was all above him.

AndreaAC

Ah, ok. I see, I'm sure you can figure it out just messing with your program enough. Maybe find a way to angle the lighting manually?
I already tried, but it seems the cursed light bulbs are dead, because no matter how I move them, they don't work. ._. but oh well, I will ask that another day to my teacher.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I already tried, but it seems the cursed light bulbs are dead, because no matter how I move them, they don't work. ._. but oh well, I will ask that another day to my teacher.
Hmm, well, ok, maybe your teacher can show you how when you have classes again. Hope you figure it out soon.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I found some "Did you know..?" from the Rayman series, probably you'll know the majority of them.

• Rayman has no limbs because the graphics team that made the first game found that if the limbs stayed, they would take up 20 times more graphic space than it would if he had the limbs.
  • There are strange looking objects in Rayman 2 for Dreamcast and Rayman Revolution. The one in the Dreamcast is seen in the water at the beginning where the log is (only when the game's completed), and the one in Revolution is at the end in the trees.
  • Tily's real hair color is red-brown, although some pictures show her with purple hair.
  • The character of Rayman in Rayman 2 was designed by French artist Jean-Michael Papal.
  • That a rumor about the first game, Rayman, said that Rayman was actually a twelve year old kid who had somehow transformed into superhero Rayman? Mondo weird! (This isn't a rumor, for what I know).
  • That "RaymanM" had to be changed to "Rayman Arena", because someone was sure to think the "M" stood for M rating "mature".
  • That Rayman's eyes are actually dark blue?
  • That some of the official pictures show Rayman's split frond on the wrong side of his head?
  • That in the PS version of the first game, Betilla never gets rescued? It happened in mine, I never knew what happened to that green and yellow fairy after the Cave of Skops.
  • That Rayman switched favorite words? EG: First game: "YEAH!" Second game: "YAHOO!"
  • That even though Rayman's limbless, he had openings in his shoes for his "legs" to go through? The picture is on the cover of the Rayman Gold CD that comes with the Rayman Designer game.
  • That Rayman and Ly's purple colors are changed to blue in Japan, because in Japan and China, the color purple represents the color of the dead.
  • That Ly's eyes are green?
  • That Rayman Multiplayer is called "Rayman Arena" in the US, and "Rayman M" in Europe?
  • That Ly was originally a Princess from the Island of Phrys? For some reason Ubi omitted that from the Rayman2 site afterwards.
  • That in all the drawn pictures you see of Ly, her stripes are always in different positions?
  • That in the group shot wallpaper, Ly's tail is missing.
  • That Ly loves to juggle? She was featured in many pictures juggling three or more pink balls.
  • That Ly runs on her hands and feet like a cat in Walk of Life when she's behind Rayman? (Hmmm... sounds like what I do at home...)
  • That Globox's ability to create rain clouds used to be a power he couldn't control? It was titled "The Gift".
  • That he used to be called Globber? The name was eventually passed on to one of his kids.
  • That the Teensies used to be called "The Small Beings"?
  • That Polokus is the father of the Teensies? In the old Rayman2 site it was stated that Polokus was the father of the Teensies when he married a beautiful woman called... I forgot her name. But anyway, when she saw how "ugly" her sons were, she got so distressed she ran away and disappeared. This was the cause for Polokus's long, deep sleep.
  • That Polokus's original name was "Polochus"?
  • That Carmen originally had no eyes? Also, her body was longer and slimmer.
  • That Razorbeard's original name was "Razorface?"
  • That Razorbeard was originally was a dark shadow in the form of a bird? He was bigger and looked sorta like a clown with no color.
  • That the pirates used to have different so-called "species"? Red Rum was given to the one with red-and-yellow bands, Creole to the one who looks like a maid and Gorilla to the one who looks like he doesn't know what's going on.
  • That the first letters of Glade of Dreams spell G.O.D in initials? Hey, it's a fact.
And some of them are weird.. xD.

(This is the group shot wallpaper).
It's nice to see so much activity, and I like reading!

Regards :).

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I found some "Did you know..?" from the Rayman series, probably you'll know the majority of them.

:3 HELLO! xD And now that I think of it, it's wierd to see that much activity on weekends! but yeah, it is nice! and cool facts!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, regarding some of these facts I've known most of them at this point,
  • That Rayman's eyes are actually dark blue?
If you looked closely at my drawings of Rayman, his pupils are indeed dark blue, a much saturated dark blue, but it's just look R3 Ray's eye color. xD

But, yeah, nice facts, thanks for sharing.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Double post*

EDIT: Also, that fact of "Purple representing the dead" is a misconception, it was of a different reason because white represents death.

EDIT 2:

Found something long overdue from Omni. xD

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Little known fact:
Rayman made a small cameo in the commercial for NFL2K on the Dreamcast.
Apparently, he was hanging out with a bunch of football players back in the early 2000's.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Little known fact:
Rayman made a small cameo in the commercial for NFL2K on the Dreamcast.
Apparently, he was hanging out with a bunch of football players back in the early 2000's.
Wow... Never know about that... Also, is it just me or does his model look vastly worst than his ingame model?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Wow... Never know about that... Also, is it just me or does his model look vastly worst than his ingame model?
Neither do I! xD Then the crossover thing I'm working on with Ray and the Assassins, along other characters isn't so...out of place. And I barely could see the differences, I just saw a way darker shading.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Neither do I! xD Then the crossover thing I'm working on with Ray and the Assassins, along other characters isn't so...out of place. And I barely could see the differences, I just saw a way darker shading.
Yeah, may just been the lighting. But idk, just seemed like his model was ever more low rez then what I remember from the Great Escape, imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom