• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, with that out of the way, I'm not going to expect anything else for tomorrow, which pretty much saved me the disappointment.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, with that out of the way, I'm not going to expect anything else for tomorrow, which pretty much saved me the disappointment.
Who knows.
Maybe Rayman will be revealed as DLC on September 1st.
That said, I was right in not expecting Rayman to be announced as Smash DLC at E3. Looks like we'll have to wait another year.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sakurai knows that Ryu and Roy has been leaked for a long time. Far longer than just today. I'm quite positive he has something up his sleeve. I just don't know what.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sakurai knows that Ryu and Roy has been leaked for a long time. Far longer than just today. I'm quite positive he has something up his sleeve. I just don't know what.
I'm sure he did....but than, what's going to be for tomorrow if he knew this wasn't going to be news to anyone?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If Nintendo DOES announce a partnership with Ubisoft at E3, I could see the game be either a new Red Steel or ZombiU.
I don't think they want another exclusive Rayman game after what happened with Legends.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
If Nintendo DOES announce a partnership with Ubisoft at E3, I could see the game be either a new Red Steel or ZombiU.
I don't think they want another exclusive Rayman game after what happened with Legends.
I don't want the next Rayman game (Which is going to be one game to commemorate his 20th anniversary) to be an exclusive, every Rayman fan must enjoy this game.

Wow.. sorry for double post, I though someone posted before this comment.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm sure he did....but than, what's going to be for tomorrow if he knew this wasn't going to be news to anyone?
He's going to announce those two tomorrow, obviously. I'm expecting something, not much, in the Digital Event though. I don't know I just got a gut feeling...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Who knows.
Maybe Rayman will be revealed as DLC on September 1st.
That said, I was right in not expecting Rayman to be announced as Smash DLC at E3. Looks like we'll have to wait another year.
Only for other characters to be announce instead of him on the following year, like Tails, some fighter from Tekken, Young Link, Pichu, etc.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The only reason why I would EVER want the next Rayman to be a Nintendo exclusive is so Rayman can join Smash 4.
That really shouldn't make that much of a difference if he was exclusive to Nintendo at this point, with Ryu being in. As long as his next game is great, that's all that should matter.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
That really shouldn't make that much of a difference if he was exclusive to Nintendo at this point, with Ryu being in. As long as his next game is great, that's all that should matter.
A certain blue hedgehog had 3 exclusives on Nintendo platforms, none of which were critically or commercially successful.
In fact, you could even go as far as saying that Rayman has just as much history on Nintendo consoles.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
A certain blue hedgehog had 3 exclusives on Nintendo platforms, none of which were critically or commercially successful.
In fact, you could even go as far as saying that Rayman has just as much history on Nintendo consoles.
Well, Sonic during Brawl didn't have any exclusive games on Nintendo, and he got end due to popular demand.

And as much as that is true about Rayman, Megaman has the most being the classic series being nearly exclusive to the NES and SNES, and he still wasn't in Brawl.

Rayman could have his chance at it's best if the fans really demands him. I'm sure he can get his chance in due time, whether or not he's exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Let's just face it. Sakurai probably never wanted to put Rayman in Smash Bros in the first place, and that the only reason why he put the three trophies in the Wii U version was to keep us of wanting him quiet. If he didn't want him to be playable in the first place, he might as well say so instead of teasing us constantly. Anyway, I don't think we're ever getting anything Rayman related this year or the year after.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Let's just face it. Sakurai probably never wanted to put Rayman in Smash Bros in the first place, and that the only reason why he put the three trophies in the Wii U version was to keep us of wanting him quiet. If didn't want him to be playable in the first place, he might as well say so instead of teasing us constantly. I don't we're ever getting anything Rayman related this year or the next.
Don't be pessimistic....

If you keep that attitude up, then you're going to just make yourself get depressed for little reason to. If Ubisoft, hell, if Sakurai didn't want anything to do with Rayman ,he wouldn't even have put him in Smash Bros as a trophy in the first place.

Just have faith that with time and patience, he will make Rayman playable. It's only a matter of time.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Back in the Brawl days, I remember my want for Sonic to be playable. My brother didn't think he would make it in since Sakurai already said he wouldn't add any more third party characters, but I thought with enough demand, Sonic would make it in.
And he sure did.
Eight years later, both of us are on the same sides as before, but this time it's on Rayman.
I'm just going to say this, however.
If he gets in, Rayman will be to Smash 4 what Sonic was to Brawl. Sonic was an addition that, to this day, is still an astonishing thing to believe. Who would've thought that such a thing could come true?
Rayman, however, means more to me than Sonic. His inclusion would not only exceed the hype Sonic's inclusion brought back in Brawl, but it officially make Smash 4 my favorite game of all time.
I don't care if Rayman is cut in Smash 5. The fact that he would have appeared in a Smash game is an amazing feat.
As an avid Smash and Rayman fan, all I'm asking of you is to add Rayman.
No stages, songs, alternate costumes...... just Rayman.
Can you please do that, Daddy Sakurai?

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you think that Ryu at least will have a trailer like the other newcomers? I ask this because I'd like to see a Rayman trailer for Smash and not a simply "Rayman will join the battle!".

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm sure there's still surprises for tomorrow. I mean c'mon this is Masahiro Sakurai, a guy who is known dropping surprises. I'm still thinking we could still get something unexpected from that direct, than from something we already know.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you think that Ryu at least will have a trailer like the other newcomers? I ask this because I'd like to see a Rayman trailer for Smash and not a simply "Rayman will join the battle!".
All newcomer characters (most likely all DLC characters whether veterans or not) will have a trailer reveal, despite whether or not they've been leaked or haven't. Mewtwo got a trailer even though Nintendo told us he was coming, and even when Shulk and Bowser Jr was leaked, we still got to see their trailers. They worked hard on making them, they'll have one, even Rayman will at some point.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ryu will definitely get a trailer.

Whether or not it's CG is up for debate.
Yeah. But imo, for someone who's rivaled to be Capcom's second most iconic rep to Megaman, and Mega got one when he was revealed, I would be kinda surprised if Ryu didn't have one that's CGI, honestly. But yeah. we'll have to wait and see.

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
All newcomer characters (most likely all DLC characters whether veterans or not) will have a trailer reveal, despite whether or not they've been leaked or haven't. Mewtwo got a trailer even though Nintendo told us he was coming, and even when Shulk and Bowser Jr was leaked, we still got to see their trailers. They worked hard on making them, they'll have one, even Rayman will at some point.
Not to mention what sakurai had said a while back
".....It's about making fans happy."
We might see a third character trailer tomorrow
I would and would not be surprised though if we "may"see Rayman in the Direct , but with the popular vote of Rayman is still would and would not be surprised

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Man... I got an urge to make a quick collage of the E3 countdown featuring various western video game stars arrived and/or coming to nintendo platforms

However, couldn't wait any longer.

I admit that it's a faraway dream but oh well.

Here comes incoming hype! In the meanwhile, enjoy a time card until its expiration date in October.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Why you so modest Andrea?

I like it, that's a great idea, I'd love that to be a thing in a Rayman game. Rabbids included. xD
I would love that too, but replacing the bleeding Rabbid Scarecrows from Black Flag with actual Rabbids. xD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Top Bottom