• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SHAY RAY.jpg

Rabbid: *bites Ray's hand and runs*

Rayman: "$%^&! WHY YOU..!"

Shay: "Hey, hold your horses, Rayman."

Rayman: "BUT WHY?! THAT THING BIT ME!"

Shay: "You want to make Rabbid stew, don't you?"

Rayman: "OF COURSE I WANT!"

Shay: "Well, I'm sorry to tell you but as far as I know, Ubi won't let you have it, no matter what they do to you, that's also why you got separared from them, so you can't harm them that easily, and if you do, you will get in one BIG trouble."

Rayman: "FFFFUUUU-!"

Shay: *sigh*

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS xD Your comment gave me the idea.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 55629

Rabbid: *bites Ray's hand and runs*

Rayman: "$%^&! WHY YOU..!"

Shay: "Hey, hold your horses, Rayman."

Rayman: "BUT WHY?! THAT THING BIT ME!"

Shay: "You want to make Rabbid stew, don't you?"

Rayman: "OF COURSE I WANT!"

Shay: "Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but as far as I know, Ubi won't let you have it, no matter what they do to you, that's also why you got separared from them, so you can't harm them that easily, and if you do, you will get in one BIG trouble."

Rayman: "FFFFUUUU-!"

Shay: *sigh*

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS xD Your comment gave me the idea.
Nice, very funny! Glad I inspired you to draw that, nicely done! xD Love those tow's expressions, especially Ray's.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There's a part of me that really wants the Rabbids to be a Smash Run enemy if Rayman gets in, but at the same time there isn't lol. The Robo-Pirates would be pretty cool.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's a part of me that really wants the Rabbids to be a Smash Run enemy if Rayman gets in, but at the same time there isn't lol. The Robo-Pirates would be pretty cool.
The Rabbids are actually my go to choice for a Smash Run enemy, it would be a good way to represent them because they are, technically, a part of the Rayman series.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

The Rabbids are actually my go to choice for a Smash Run, it would be a good way to represent them because they are, technically, a part of the Rayman series.
Or they could replace the Sandbag with the Rabbids, that would be A LOT of fun.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Rabbids are actually my go to choice for a Smash Run, it would be a good way to represent them because they are, technically, a part of the Rayman series.
Or they could replace the Sandbag with the Rabbids, that would be A LOT of fun.
Or, have the Rabbids act like the Sandbag, so you can always beat them up forever, and goodies come from them.

AndreaAC

Of course you think so. xD

But point is, if Rabbids got in, they must be beaten to a pulp...
That would make Smash BEST GAME aside from having Rayman playable, >u> and well, as you can remember, Black Flag would come second with because it has bleeding Rabbid Scarecrows.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

10 out of 10 would beat with a baseball bat.
xD Personally, after beating it up with a baseball bat, I would love to stab it over and over

with a Hidden Blade of course, and later shot it with a riffle.

.u. Yes, I want my revenge that much.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Personally, after beating it up with a baseball bat, I would love to stab it over and over

with a Hidden Blade of course, and later shot it with a riffle.

.u. Yes, I want my revenge that much.
Calm down Andrea.... xD

<.< And I do mean everyone calm down.... >.> Calmed down?... Good.

Rayman3Smashified.png

@ Jaster Jaster Hope you like it pal. :)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Sorry, I couldn't help it. .u.

Oh, ok, glad you think so. xD I had it based off of Omni's Ray, and since it's based on the more exaggerated design of Rayman, I had to make it look as close as I could try. xD

But imo, I think it looks better...if only it was a HD MODEL.... .w.
xD I know, but that's why I see it wierd since it isn't as exaggerated, the only similar smile I have seen is this one:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I know, but that's why I see it wierd since it isn't as exaggerated, the only similar smile I have seen is this one:
Well, I guess since I'm no where near a professional at 3D modelling and rigging, I literally just learned how to even make a successful rig just a few days ago. xD But, I guess you can also chuck it down to it being a lower poly model compared to the official render art version, it being obviously higher quality.

AndreaAC

Well, I guess since I'm no where near a professional at 3D modelling and rigging, I literally just learned how to even make a successful rig just a few days ago. xD But, I guess you can also chuck it down to it being a lower poly model compared to the official render art version, it being obviously higher quality.
xD I know, I'm just saying, and I would love an HD model that looks like the one in game and not like the one I showed.

exactly like this one.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I know, I'm just saying, and I would love an HD model that looks like the one in game and not like the one I showed.

exactly like this one.
I see what you mean, and I agree full hardingly. The one you showed before seems a lot like the RRR design they were going with...

rayman-raving-rabbids-tv-party-imagen-i220105-i.jpg

....I wish I could get the models used in renders...but like you said, I'd want the ones use straight for R3.... as I don't find this design here all that perfect....it's the hair....and the gloves...

AndreaAC

I see what you mean, and I agree full hardingly. The one you showed before seems a lot like the RRR design they were going with...

View attachment 55654

....I wish I could get the models used in renders...but like you said, I'd want the ones use straight for R3.... as I don't find this design here all that perfect....it's the hair....and the gloves...
Yup, that's why I don't like it that much, and I think they EVEN missed one detail in Rayman's hoodie.
R3HH-ShockRocket-Artwork.jpg
rayman-raving-rabbids-tv-party-imagen-i220105-i.jpg
good job, Ubi.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yup, that's why I don't like it that much, and I think they EVEN missed one detail in Rayman's hoodie.
View attachment 55655 View attachment 55656 good job, Ubi.
xD I always noticed that and wondered why they do that?... But looking at Rayman's Origins design, you can see that they were maybe trying to "simplify" him to make him seen like Classic Rayman from R1 or something...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

View attachment 55654

Oh.. come on.. put your gloves on! Do you go to the street without them, Do you shake your hands with others without gloves?

These youth of these days...

AndreaAC

xD I always noticed that and wondered why they do that?... But looking at Rayman's Origins design, you can see that they were maybe trying to "simplify" him to make him seen like Classic Rayman from R1 or something...
But how does taking that detail away makes him look more classic? he wears a neckerchief in R1/R2.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
gimme

View attachment 55654

ay
gimme oddworld renders
thank
View attachment 55655 View attachment 55656 good job, Ubi.
It is a redesign....
I liked it
A Rayman doll...

With magnets!

but what if another 8 year old decides to swallow the magnets?
THEN where would we be?
also nice avi

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Can I honestly see the words "Ubisoft's Rayman is joining SSB4!" on front page news 6-8 days from now?
No. No I can't. However, I never expected Duck Hunt and Wii Fit to join the battle. And strangely enough, the characters that have joined the battle are those that we never expected to see.
Who knows? Maybe Rayman will be revealed at E3 this year. If not, we're going to be on here for a long time.
Yeah, but at least those are first-party charcters so rules don't really apply to them. This is a third party charcter were trying to get to join the battle.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Yeah, but at least those are first-party charcters so rules don't really apply to them. This is a third party charcter were trying to get to join the battle.
Damn, you're EVERYWHERE aren't you?
If I went to the past, took someone who only saw the first few seconds of the Brawl trailer, and showed them Snake's reveal on the site, would they believe it?
Most likely, that'd be a no.
We'll just have to wait for October, or maybe this sunday. Who knows?
A Rabbid Sandbag?
View attachment 55645
I shall call it, an abomination.
If I ever learn how to mod Brawl, this will be my only hack.
It shall be my prized possesion.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh...with the model? because it already has it, the detail I mean, or putting it a neckerchief?
I mean in design. Maybe they started thinking to make Rayman have some elements closer to Classic Rayman, although not entirely, but just a bit to change up his look. Then comes Origins and Legends, which has him ever closer to his original design in R1.

Sonic for example has had redesigns countless of times, all ending up being how it is now, instead of how he looked in Sonic 06, or Sonic Boom.

Top Bottom