• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nice! I really like it, good work, could you do the Rayman 1 pose? If you want and can, of course.
xD Haha, thanks! Glad you like it! .u. And funny enough, I was thinking of doing that very thing myself! So, when I get the time, I'll see what I can do.

HAHA! @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS ' NIGHTMARE HAS BEEN DOUBLED!
View attachment 55307
xD And I don't know why I imagined Rayman and Sonic making fun of each other whenever they can!
Great drawing Andrea. xD Haha, I love it! Ray's face is priceless!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Haha xD, nice one! Rayman is like: "I can go faster than you :p" Sonic: "Grrrr pffff!!!"
xD Totally!
xD Haha, thanks! Glad you like it! .u. And funny enough, I was thinking of doing that very thing myself! So, when I get the time, I'll see what I can do.

Great drawing Andrea. xD Haha, I love it! Ray's face is priceless!
xD Glad you both liked the silly doodle!

AndreaAC

xD That reminded me of this I saw years ago.

x3 No problem, glad I inspired you to draw it. And I agree, I love having those two picking on each other! xD
HOLY, Now that's one impresive mod, And it's wierd seeing Rayman turn into an strawberry blondie ball. xD

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
From a programmatical standpoint, this is a very weird glitch. It's creating a second 3D model when only one should be present. Theory:
[collapse=A lot of technical jargon regarding what is causing the glitch]By the looks of it, it's possible that Rayman 2 has 2 separate player objects: one that can be controlled by the player (P1RAY, Player 1 Rayman) and one that can only be controlled by the CPU (CPURAY, Computer-controlled Rayman), rather than use a single instance for both. It appears that during this particular death, this occurs: object P1RAY is destroyed by being grabbed by the first mini-Jano. An instance of CPURAY is immediately created in his place, using the animation specific to that death. When the second mini-Jano attempts to grab him at the same time the first does, the subroutine is called again. This should normally crash the game due to null pointer dereferencing (P1RAY doesn't exist anymore so it can't be destroyed) but it looks like an error catcher is in place to cause it to be ignored in that instance (as if another call to destroy the player object after it was already executed was expected during mini-Jano deaths, or deaths in general should Rayman get hit by more than one killing hitbox). However, another creation of CPURAY is successfully created, resulting in 2 Rayman models appearing at once. Alternatively, the player object is destroyed, but the mini-Jano eating animations have their own model of Rayman baked in, requiring no new Rayman models to be created (this is highly unlikely).
This glitch is very similar to another glitch (and might be the same one), where an unusual circumstance causes multiple Rayman models to be present at once. In the other glitch, the death, programmatical destruction, or unscripted actions of a CPURAY in the first level causes the game to respawn P1RAY at the beginning of the level, but accidentally create a hurtboxless and uninteractive CPURAY not far from the spawn point, trying and failing to complete the actions defined for him in a cutscene script (walk to point [X,Y] and stop, wait for player input, which is only provided after a script attached to the Teensies runs, continue). This is why the second Rayman that gets spawned by the Murphy stone is constantly walking against a wall: he's trying to reach a coordinate in 3D space that is impossible for him to reach, causing the script driving him to loop indefinitely (until he somehow reaches these coordinates, at which it continues).[/collapse]

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Man... I got an urge to make a quick collage of the E3 countdown featuring various western video game stars arrived and/or coming to nintendo platforms

However, couldn't wait any longer.

I admit that it's a faraway dream but oh well.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Do you think Mr. Ancel will ever develop a game for the Wii U now that he has his own indie studio?

He likes the Wii U console if I'm not mistaken when developing Rayman Legends. I wonder if he still does?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you think Mr. Ancel will ever develop a game for the Wii U now that he has his own indie studio?

He likes the Wii U console if I'm not mistaken when developing Rayman Legends. I wonder if he still does?
Well, I thought that was why he became "indie" in the first place, but I would hope he would, or is if he's making something at this point.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for the Double post.

Remember when Ubi made the Final Fantasy Raymanified picture? Well, something I did just out of boredom thinking about that image.

RaymanRPGPreview.png

Listening to FF6's Boss theme helped as well.

Credit to @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft for bringing up the idea of an RPG Rayman.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, I thought that was why he became "indie" in the first place, but I would hope he would, or is if he's making something at this point.
Well, the only game he's announced for his studio so far is WiLD, and that's a PS4 exclusive. So, yeah.....

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
It's been a while since I posted here.

Remember when Ubi made the Final Fantasy Raymanified picture? Well, something I did just out of boredom thinking about that image.

View attachment 55392

Credit to @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft for bringing up the idea of an RPG Rayman.
That looks amazing! I would love to see someone make an actual Rayman RPG game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's been a while since I posted here.

That looks amazing! I would love to see someone make an actual Rayman RPG game.
:) Thanks! Well, I am into game design, and I have practice so for years now...so, maybe I could make something out of that, it was kinda the reason I even created those sprites, despite boredom. xD

AndreaAC

:) Thanks! Well, I am into game design, and I have practice so for years now...so, maybe I could make something out of that, it was kinda the reason I even created those sprites, despite boredom. xD
;D Good luck with it and I look forward to so with what you can come up with!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

View attachment 55392

:crazy:
Wow, I love those sprites, they look like adorable little dolls. Great job!

And your welcome. ;)

AndreaAC

Hey, it would be a better plush than this one.

Yes, that is a Rayman 3 plush.
.u. Even if it has a funny face, it looks pretty huggable, And I think it was pointed out somewhere that it had R2's hairstyle and color, and well, the fact that he's on a Walking Shell, which in 3 doesn't appear. .u. But still awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom