• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
There better be a good surprise for us with Rayman this year. I don't think we can wait another 4-5 years for them to announce the next Rayman game.
Didn't Legends come out two years ago?

Unless you meant Smash Bros taking 4-5 years of wait, when at this point would be 3.

If they worked on some kind of Rayman game since Legends (which since people liked RO/L a lot that should give Ubi the incentive to make more Rayman games afterward to capitalize on the demand), than I'm sure if not right now, something by 2016 for sure...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Didn't Legends come out two years ago?

Unless you meant Smash Bros taking 4-5 years of wait, when at this point would be 3.

If they worked on some kind of Rayman game since Legends (which since people liked RO/L a lot that should give Ubi the incentive to make more Rayman games afterward to capitalize on the demand), than I'm sure if not right now, something by 2016 for sure...
I was talking about the hiatus since we have a last true Rayman game, between Rayman Raving Rabbids when it was suppose to be a platformer before being a party game and Rayman Origins.

And yes, same goes for Smash Bros. Which I highly doubt they'll remember making Rayman part of the roster if they're not going to do so for this one.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, Lucas is confirmed to be released on 6/14.

This very slightly increases the chance of 3 characters being revealed at E3. Just slightly.

Don't get your hopes up, though.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

This very slightly increases the chance of 3 characters being revealed at E3. Just slightly.

Ryu in the E3, Roy in the concert and.. Wolf for the release of Star Fox Wii U? I don't know who could be the 3rd character.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ryu in the E3, Roy in the concert and.. Wolf for the release of Star Fox Wii U? I don't know who could be the 3rd character.
That's a more likely scenario, if Wolf does return, which I wouldn't doubt, but...who knows...

We shouldn't expect any other character that's voted for in the ballot, unless they were predetermined by Nintendo.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Well, I was moreso saying that we could get 3 characters at E3 since that's what happened in the previous two. But that could actually happen as well.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I don't expect to see anything from the Ballot in the E3. I know I read that Sakurai will go to the Fire Emblem concert, maybe he'll announce Roy. In the past E3's, we saw 3rdparty characters, so, I think that we'll see Ryu in the E3. (If those archives are true and not a troll from Sakurai).

Last edited:

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice

you are so right.I hope ubisoft gets their stuff together this e3 for nintendo to up the Ray's chance

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'd like to see Ubisoft Montpellier presenting their own Rayman amiibo for the next Rayman, and the amiibo exclusive for the Wii U (logic xD). It's hard to see them creating a Rayman amiibo, but if we remember the Legends trailer we could see they using NFC for the game (like the hearts, rabbids and the "Ezio" figure) but this was never implemented :(.

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Ubisoft Montpellier presenting their own Rayman amiibo for the next Rayman, and the amiibo exclusive for the Wii U (logic xD). It's hard to see them creating a Rayman amiibo, but if we remember the Legends trailer we could see they using NFC for the game (like the hearts, rabbids and the "Ezio" figure) but this was never implemented :(.
i still remember that. we just gotta wait n see

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's going to be interesting looking through the data files the day the update is released.
I REALLY want to see both K. Rool and Rayman. However, I'm fine with one of them.
Just one of them, Sakurai. That's all!

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be interesting looking through the data files the day the update is released.
I REALLY want to see both K. Rool and Rayman. However, I'm fine with one of them.
Just one of them, Sakurai. That's all!
Same here
-then again both characters are the only ones on my list

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Ah, ok. Thanks for letting me know about it.
No problem. It's a somewhat obscure series, so I'm glad to educate anyone about it.
If for some reason you want to get into it, I'd recommend New N' Tasty. It's an actual remake (they changed stuff, and they didn't just add A FOOKIN MIIVERSE OPTION *stares at Nintendo*) of the series' debut. It's extremely well made.
Here's a gameplay video with some commentary of someone's first reaction to the actual game.
An' for good measure, here's the original with commentary.
But anyways, where were we? Rayman? E3?
Things are heating up. Can't wait until the event. Sadly, I have finals in the morning ;~;

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There are usually 3 characters revealed at E3, anyways. It usually would be 2 represented in a trailer, and one after the conference/digital event. So, it's not too farfetched to believe that there will be 3 reveals there. Be careful though, Ryu is far from confirmed, we all know Sakurai has thrown us for a loop before (Chrom) I don't want you to get your hopes up only for them to be crushed.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
There are usually 3 characters revealed at E3, anyways. It usually would be 2 represented in a trailer, and one after the conference/digital event. So, it's not too farfetched to believe that there will be 3 reveals there. Be careful though, Ryu is far from confirmed, we all know Sakurai has thrown us for a loop before (Chrom) I don't want you to get your hopes up only for them to be crushed.
I'm hoping for characters in this order: Dixie Kong, Rayman, and Snake.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh well, I'm not a fan of those characters, I'm not very hyped for them (The only want I really like is Ryu). I was guessing which characters could be presented at the E3, of course I don't believe in anything until I see it confirmed officially.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Untitled-2.jpg

Random drawing, I just realized that even if I can't use the tablet's pen pressure again in PS, and probably not in other painting software, that doesn't mean I have to stop illustrating, instead, I only have to find another way or technique to keep doing my stuff for fun.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 55112
Random drawing, I just realized that even if I can't use the tablet's pen presure again in PS, and probably not in other painting software, that doesn't mean I have to stop illustrating, instead, I only have to find another way or technique to keep doing my stuff for fun.
That's great to hear Andrea. Glad you're trying different ways to make something new fro yourself. Nice drawing, it looks really nice. :) I love the cloudy effects. xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

That's great to hear Andrea. Glad you're trying different ways to make something new fro yourself. Nice drawing, it looks really nice. :) I love the cloudy effects. xD
xD Thanks, and well, I will not be able to work as fast as before, but, oh well, at least I won't die from pure boredom of not being able to illustrate anything.

AndreaAC

Drunk.jpg

xD Sorry for the double post...drunken Ray because...just because. .u.

AndreaAC

xD Haha, great! Nice job. That makes me wish that happens in R3 for Rayman to have funny faces like that.
You know, I reminded myself of the Shay's drunken line, but instead of "rum", with Ray it's going to be "Why is the Plum always gone?" xD

AndreaAC

Probably bad. Goofy and silly.

Makes me wish of his voice over could have been used in the later games, imo.
Yeah, but, I'm actually glad he didn't performed for the later games because, I don't know, his voice doesn't seem to fit RO/RL Ray like it did with R2/R3.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, but, I'm actually glad he didn't performed for the later games because, I don't know, his voice doesn't seem to fit RO/RL Ray like it did with R2/R3.
Are you going by choice of design or choice of persona? Cause if the later, well, yeah, they don't make act like any of his past incarnations, he's behaviors more ecstatic, and with Origins, more stupid then normal. At least that didn't seem to keep that in Legends for the most part.

AndreaAC

Are you going by choice of design or choice of persona? Cause if the later, well, yeah, they don't make act like any of his past incarnations, he's behaviors more ecstatic, and with Origins, more stupid then normal. At least that didn't seem to keep that in Legends for the most part.
I'm going for both. but JUST because of personal opinion.

AndreaAC

Understandable. I agree. If they made him a bit more "sarcastic" in design of R3 did, then that wouldn't have bothered me much when design in mind.
I don't think being sarcastic was something that actually defined him, just, not being overly happy like RL, and of course, not staying open mouthed most of the time. But, oh well. It's Ubi's decision.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't think being sarcastic was something that actually defined him, just, not being overly happy like RL, and of course, not staying open mouthed most of the time. But, oh well. It's Ubi's decision.
Indeed so...

So...Anyways.... >.> Something I did a while ago...

RaymanRig4.png

Ly.png

Rayman: "So Ly... Do I look like one of those "French girls"?

Ly: "..."

Something random after figuring out how to rig the Rayman model from before... and a Ly drawing for a reaction to it after I finished that.

Wish I could have facial expressions for Rayman though...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Indeed so...

So...Anyways.... >.> Something I did a while ago...

View attachment 55120
View attachment 55121

Rayman: "So Ly... Do I look like one of those "French girls"?

Ly: "..."

Something random after figuring out how to rig the Rayman model from before... and a Ly drawing for a reaction to it after I finished that.

Wish I could have facial expressions for Rayman though...
Pfft...xD Oh my God. Ly didn't saw it coming, >u> probably he learned from Arno Victor Dorito.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This is somewhat off-topic, but, it is an Ubisoft related question has Ubisoft ever developed a Nintendo game from some Nintendo franchise before? It just hit me that all the third party companies that's being represented in this game has developed or co-developed at least one Nintendo game from a specific franchise.
Capcom developed three Legend of Zelda games: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, A Link to the Past and Four Swords, and The Minish Cap
Sega developed: F-Zero GX, Bayonetta 2
Bandai-Namco developed: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS of course and also StarFox Assault which also has a stage from that game.
We know Nitntendo developed Rayman Legends in Japan but what about Ubisoft have they every developed a game for Nintendo like the other companies, if so what franchise is it but if not I can see them developing a Fire Emblem game with Monolift Soft or maybe even a Metroid game, seems like good match ups. Those two franchises seem fit with something Ubisoft may want to work with, especially if you look at some of Ubisoft's own franchises that look like they're somewhat inspired by Metroid or Fire Emblem. It could soften Nintendo's and Ubisoft's relationship if they had a hand at one of Nintendo's IPs.

Last edited:

AreJay25

This is somewhat off-topic, but, it is an Ubisoft related question has Ubisoft ever developed a Nintendo game from some Nintendo franchise before? It just hit me that all the third party companies that's being represented in this game has developed or co-developed at least one Nintendo game from a specific franchise.
Capcom developed three Legend of Zelda games: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, A Link to the Past and Four Swords, and The Minish Cap
Sega developed: F-Zero GX, Bayonetta 2
Bandai-Namco developed: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS of course and also StarFox Assault which also has a stage from that game.
We know Nitntendo developed Rayman Legends in Japan but what about Ubisoft have they every developed a game for Nintendo like the other companies, if so what franchise is it but if not I can see them developing a Fire Emblem game with Monolift Soft or maybe even a Metroid game, seems like good match ups. Those two franchises seem fit with something Ubisoft may want to work with, especially if you look at some of Ubisoft's own franchises that look like they're somewhat inspired by Metroid or Fire Emblem. It could soften Nintendo's and Ubisoft's relationship if they had a hand at one of Nintendo's IPs.
Just to clarify, Sega didn't develop Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games did. Sega was only the supervisor.

But to answer your question, it doesn't appear that Ubisoft developed a game for a Nintendo IP.

AndreaAC

Untitled-3.jpg

YAY! The pressure problem with my tablet got fixed! I finally work normally.

Top Bottom