• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Hey, it would be a better plush than this one.

Yes, that is a Rayman 3 plush.
Rayman 2 promotion on a Rayman 3 plush? That's awkward.

Then again, Rayman DS was a port of Rayman 2, but it had artwork from Rayman 3 on the box.

Rayman 2 didn't even feature Rayman with a hoodie! Why would you fool people into thinking they were going to be playing as a character with a hoodie when they're actually going to be playing as a character with a scarf?

IT AIN'T RIGHT I TELL YA!!!

Sorry for the JonTron style rant.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Om nom nom...

Let's hope they reveal a new Rayman game at E3 this year! :bee:
Yeah! *Introduce Rayman 1 "Yeah" sound here*

I'm sure we'll see something Rayman Related, Will it be a new Ubiart, a Remake or a New 3D game? I don't know.

I hope they've done a video to show us the 20 years of Rayman (Rayman 1, 2, 3, M, RRR, RRR2, RRRTVParty, Origins, Legends), that would be awesome.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It seems that it's only going to address the Lucas update.
Remember when Mewtwo was shown and it was only about him and Lucas didn't show up at all?

I'm betting on Roy at the bare minimum. Probably Ryu as well since they're counting it as an E3 event.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I've seen that in Facebook and wow.. Sakurai on camera to only show the update? I can see a new character there :4shulk:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, we can definitely guarantee that they won't be announcing Rayman this time for DLC, if ever. *cough cough*

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I want Rayman to be announced, but if he is, what would have been the point for my campaign?
That said, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just expecting Ryu and Roy.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I want Rayman to be announced, but if he is, what would have been the point for my campaign?
Well, if anything you helped to raise awareness for Rayman. If he's not a ballot character, you would have made 200+ new fans.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm sure Ryu and possibly Roy would've been great curveball suprises if we hadn't found out about them earlier. Ryu defiantly would've been a BIG curveball. But nope, we're just expecting them at this point. I'm actually bit more hype with Ryu now. I know I was against him at first, now I just want to how he could be different from Smash Ryu and Street Fighter Ryu. Cause in Street Fighter he's more of basic character for beginners. Hope we get maybe a Chun-Li assist trophy or a regular trophy for her or maybe even a Mii costume. And for Roy, Roy will just be Roy to me, he is literally whatever to me.

PS: Curse you 3DS hackers, you just couldn't leave the game alone could you. Sometimes we would like to find things out for ourselves.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If you guys take a look at Nintendo's E3 schedule, you'll see that they have the Smash Presentation, World Championships, and the Digital Event.
I don't know about you, but I'm starting to think we'll get three character announcements.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If you guys take a look at Nintendo's E3 schedule, you'll see that they have the Smash Presentation, World Championships, and the Digital Event.
I don't know about you, but I'm starting to think we'll get three character announcements.
Last year, E3 revealed 3 new characters (Mii Fighters, Palutena, Pacman). I'm sure the same can happen again, maybe starting as early as the day the Lucas info is talked about.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
It makes sense to do three again this year. Let Smash have a pattern.
E3 2013 we had:
:4villager: Villager
:4megaman:MegaMan
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer

E3 2014 we had:
:4mii: Mii Fighters
:4palutena:Palutena
:4pacman:PacMan

I would not be surprised if this year we get
Ryu (Street Fighter)
:roymelee: Roy back. I see them holding back Roy for some reason or another. Maybe a charcter model teaser and we won't get him till later, again would rather have a complete newcomer.
:wolf:Wolf to cross promote for StarFox U, considering how much support Wolf is getting right now to return I'd be kind of shocked if he doesn't come back at this point.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It makes sense to do three again this year. Let Smash have a pattern.
E3 2013 we had:
:4villager: Villager
:4megaman:MegaMan
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer

E3 2014 we had:
:4mii: Mii Fighters
:4palutena:Palutena
:4pacman:PacMan

I would not be surprised if this year we get
Ryu (Street Fighter)
:roymelee: Roy back. I see them holding back Roy for some reason or another. Maybe a charcter model teaser and we won't get him till later, again would rather have a complete newcomer.
:wolf:Wolf to cross promote for StarFox U, considering how much support Wolf is getting right now to return I'd be kind of shocked if he doesn't come back at this point.
Yeah, I think the same, we'll have Ryu, Roy and Wolf. (I'm not sure but that's more likely).

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I have the following theory that will characters give us in Super Smash Bros :
Roy, Ryu and Ray(man).
It makes sense :)

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I have the following theory that will characters give us in Super Smash Bros :
Roy, Ryu and Ray(man).
It makes sense :)
Why because all of their names start with an R? As much as I would like for this theory to be true, I don't think that's going to be the case. The only thing we can hope for is that Rayman ends up being one of the Ballot newcomers. That next slot just has to go to Wolf at this point the last slot could go to a Nintendo newcomer or another veteran. People would flip out and talk if Rayman got the last pre ballot spot. People already didn't like that Ryu was getting in when news first broke out about him. Can you imagine the debates if Rayman got in for that last spot, while it makes some sort of sense I don't think it's going to go to him.
By the way has anyone been voting since the past month? It seems as if things died down a while after since E3 is finally coming?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
...Oh god dammit.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/607910067447472129

So, yeah...Expect something revealed before E3 I guess guys.

EDIT: More news. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/e3_2015/index.html

View attachment 55527

DLC content confirmed revealed and released on the directs day as well.

EDIT: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ-Xncng

Seems to be about the Lucas DLC, but in case more may be more from the Direct, still going to share the date for people to know about it.
I think this is going to have Ryu and Roy's reveal.
With that said, if Rayman is revealed, I'll gladly eat my own words.
Even if he wasn't a ballot character, you still helped by giving him more awareness, which is great for any character.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Can I honestly see the words "Ubisoft's Rayman is joining SSB4!" on front page news 6-8 days from now?
No. No I can't. However, I never expected Duck Hunt and Wii Fit to join the battle. And strangely enough, the characters that have joined the battle are those that we never expected to see.
Who knows? Maybe Rayman will be revealed at E3 this year. If not, we're going to be on here for a long time.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The game wasn't so bad... those creatures.. those monsters... the RABBIDS ARE THE EVIL!

Ok, he.
Well, as it's own little mini game series... fine.

But it still came at a bad time of a "promised" Rayman 4 being expected....

But, indeed so for the Rabbids.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
OH EM GEE LEAKED RAYMAN IMAGES
CALL MY BOOKIE
THIS LEAK WILL PUT ARTSYAOMNI TO SHAME

Nice render, though. What program do you use? Trying to get into modeling myself.
Anyways, E3 STARTS SUNDAY
I used Blender to render the model, and rigged it with Blender as well. It's free to use, at least I believe it still is.

And in un related news.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/8/8745833/super-smash-bros-e3-2015-video-masahiro-sakurai

Yeah. I'm sure more than Lucas is going to happen now...

Last edited:

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
Can I honestly see the words "Ubisoft's Rayman is joining SSB4!" on front page news 6-8 days from now?
No. No I can't. However, I never expected Duck Hunt and Wii Fit to join the battle. And strangely enough, the characters that have joined the battle are those that we never expected to see.
Who knows? Maybe Rayman will be revealed at E3 this year. If not, we're going to be on here for a long time.
Let's not forget about the new game for #Rayman20
But,Honestly I would so be stoked if Rayman were confirmed for SM4SH

Top Bottom