• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
xD Ok? What's the correlation?...

But looking at this again, makes me wanna do something with "sneaky" Rayman expressions now.
I was thinking of that phrase when I see Rayman like that.
I mean, it looks like he's disgusted by how dry his hands look.
Even though they look so white...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was thinking of that phrase when I see Rayman like that.
I mean, it looks like he's disgusted by how dry his hands look.
Even though they look so white...
Oh, ok, I get what you mean now. Thanks for explaining.

I'm used to see this one:

I discovered that "American" boxart a few years ago xD.
I think that's the European one I guess, as this is the one I have.

Except mine was for the PS2. xD

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh, ok, I get what you mean now. Thanks for explaining.

I think that's the European one I guess, as this is the one I have.

Except mine was for the PS2. xD
Yeah, they're so different.

I have the Platinum version of Rayman 3 for the PS2. xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
But imo, I find it wierd in the HD version, they made him not frown anymore...

And they changed his fist back to normal for some wierd reason...

xD Haha, Great! Nicely done Andrea! I love his expression! Dat grin looks funny. xD
Mmm, that's weird... it's like the Kirby boxarts, the Japanese boxarts have Kirby with normal eyes, but in the american boxarts he appears frown. xD

I wonder why they changed the HD boxart, it's like the American boxart but with the changes you said.

The one is the best.
View attachment 54762
xD Random Ray...=u= and still without PS.
xD Nice drawing!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Mmm, that's weird... it's like the Kirby boxarts, the Japanese boxarts have Kirby with normal eyes, but in the american boxarts he appears frown. xD

I wonder why they changed the HD boxart, it's like the American boxart but with the changes you said.

xD Nice drawing!
Well, I guess since they made him more happy and such when Origins came out, maybe they wanted him to look more "happier" I guess...But I prefer the frown, looks more badass to me. xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Well, I guess since they made him more happy and such when Origins came out, maybe they wanted him to look more "happier" I guess...But I prefer the frown, looks more badass to me. xD

xD Nice drawing!
xD Thanks! >u> He's plotting his evil scheme...<u<

And I agree, I prefer him looking pissed off.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

xD Nice drawing!
xD Thanks! >u> He's plotting his evil scheme...<u<

And I agree, I prefer him looking pissed off.​
xD You're quote is a bit off Andrea.

But yeah, I like when he looks malicious, his expressions looks so funny and awesome in the R3 design. I think it works well for the more serious tones of expressions as well, imo.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD You're quote is a bit off Andrea.

But yeah, I like when he looks malicious, his expressions looks so funny and awesome in the R3 design. I think it works well for the more serious tones of expressions as well, imo.
xD Yeah, I fixed it.

And I totally agree, that's why most of the time I draw him with those kind of serious and angry expressions, and of course, that's why I like to portray him as short tempered at times, and aggressive (*cough*thankstotheRabbids*cough*), but I also like him calm and happy, but not OVERLY happy.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Yeah, I fixed it.

And I totally agree, that's why most of the time I draw him with those kind of serious and angry expressions, and of course, that's why I like to portray him as short tempered at time, and aggressive (*cough*thankstotheRabbids*cough*), but I also like him calm and happy, but not OVERLY happy.
Yeah, even though both R1 and R2 (render) has shown off frowns and other expressions than happy/calm before hand, R3 seems to have ironed it out greatly and is the most expressive compared to the expressions the Origins/Legends design has, thanks to it's style it does it's own kinds that work for that stlye, but R3 having it's own that works well for it too. But still, I love R3's the most as it comes of more "nautral", without going too far or not enough, like R1 and R2 was to me when it comes to the expressions. xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, even though both R1 and R2 (render) has shown off frowns and other expressions than happy/calm before hand, R3 seems to have ironed it out greatly and is the most expressive compared to the expressions the Origins/Legends design has, thanks to it's style it does it's own kinds that work for that stlye, but R3 having it's own that works well for it too. But still, I love R3's the most as it comes of more "nautral", without going too far or not enough, like R1 and R2 was to me when it comes to the expressions. xD
I totally agree! xD I think the only overexaggerated expressions he has in R3 were when he gets shrunk down and when electrocuted. And again, the original 3 will be always the best. personal opinion.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You know just thought of something for event matches Mewtwo isn't in one of those event matches that he's suppose to be apart of I forget what it's called, hope it'll get adjusted through a balance patch to have Mewtwo in that event that way other DLC charcters can be apart of event matches as well. Like having Rayman be in the Final FINAL battle match with Mario, Sonic, MegaMan, and PacMan has anyone been able to beat this event match by any chance? It's very hard on difficult on Level 9.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait a minute.....

They just changed Rayman's hands, and put a different Rayman head on it, the head of a different pose from the same game.

Rayman channeling his inner Mr. Burns.
....*Sigh* well...that's lazy.... :/ Geez...

xD And haha, you're right! Rayman saying "Excellent" like that is priceless!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wait a minute.....

They just changed Rayman's hands, and put a different Rayman head on it, the head of a different pose from the same game.

... What was the point in changing it if they were just gonna do a lazy shop? :S

AndreaAC

Wait a minute.....

xD Kinda lazy from Ubi's part...

:p I was honestly thinking about him when I was drawing Rayman's expression.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
All this wait is making me wish that they would leak something Rayman related soon.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do we really want leaks to spoil the excitement of something that may happen at E3 in like 1-2 weeks?...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I know that feel but be patient, I'm pretty sure we'll see something Rayman related in the E3, just wait 12 days more.

Yes, we can!

Oh my god...xD I just took a nap and then I see this! It made me giggle! >u> Rayman sure has some pretty delicate hands.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh my god...xD I just took a nap and then I see this! It made me giggle! >u> Rayman sure has some pretty delicate hands.
>u> I'm not sure if I should say this, but I guess he must of trained with Boom Knuckles...But since Ray has no legs, it doesn't bother Ray too much. xD

AndreaAC

I was just joking with that. But I guess so, looking at dat tone figure, he must be getting ready for Smash or Rayman 4. xD >u> Maybe even for Ly...
xD Hey, good point, since he's taller now, he won't need a stool anymore, and I'm sure Ly won't be able to resist his DEM MUSCLES.

Top Bottom