• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would like Ly and Clark (even Razorbeard) to make a comeback, regardless if it's 2D or 3D Rayman.

But with all this talk of cut content, does that imply that Rayman Origins was rushed? Or that the devs just disregarded the ideas for the original game in favor with what we got now?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I would like Ly and Clark (even Razorbeard) to make a comeback, regardless if it's 2D or 3D Rayman.

But with all this talk of cut content, does that imply that Rayman Origins was rushed? Or that the devs just disregarded the ideas for the original game in favor with what we got now?
Origins was originally going to be an episodic title that had a small team (think Sonic 4, but you know, with effort). The game was getting so big that it became a retail game, and they scrapped the origin story and made the game a sequel to Rayman 3.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Origins was originally going to be an episodic title that had a small team (think Sonic 4, but you know, with effort). The game was getting so big that it became a retail game, and they scrapped the origin story and made the game a sequel to Rayman 3.
So I take that they didn't have any time left to fully implement the cut content, right?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I believe Mr.Dark was supposed to appear as the main villain in Origins when it was a prequel. It was either him or Jano (yes, that Jano).

Speaking of cut content, I just remembered the Zombie Chickens were supposed to be Origins.

I think these guys could make a decent Smash Run enemy.
Wow, I never thought I would see the Zombie Chickens again, and they remind me of Ridley with that style, long beak, derp face and all, honestly.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wow, I never thought I would see the Zombie Chickens again, and they remind me of Ridley with that style, long beak, derp face and all, honestly.
I never would have thought that until you said something...and now I can't unsee it now...thanks...

And well, if you think Brawl Ridley, than yeah, it kinda does...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I like Jano's "role" in Rayman 2, he's like Cerberus in the underworld, he guards the entrance to the cave of bad dreams to lock the nightmares of polokus. He is good in some way, but he is still creepy xD.

The japanese version is so weird.. seriously, he is like "Give me a hug, Rayman, I wanna be your friend! C:"

This was me when the I found that the "Leak" was fake:

And this when the ballot came:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I like Jano's "role" in Rayman 2, he's like Cerberus in the underworld, he guards the entrance to the cave of bad dreams to lock the nightmares of polokus. He is good in some way, but he is still creepy xD.

The japanese version is so weird.. seriously, he is like "Give me a hug, Rayman, I wanna be your friend! C:"

This was me when the I found that the "Leak" was fake:

And this when the ballot came:

He looks more...calmer, and happerier, than the US version...which I prefer, honestly. As that doesn't make him look scary as much as I remember him as. xD

But yeah, I agree with that.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Even though Roy and Ryu will probably be revealed at E3, I'm still holding on to hope that there will be a surprise character reveal. It just sucks that those two had to be potentially leaked two months ago.
That said, I can't wait for Ryu. And Rayman.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Even though Roy and Ryu will probably be revealed at E3, I'm still holding on to hope that there will be a surprise character reveal. It just sucks that those two had to be potentially leaked two months ago.
That said, I can't wait for Ryu. And Rayman.
That's true.. It would be a great surprise to see Ryu the first time in Smash without no leaks but damn.. the leak came, I don't know why Sakurai put those archives in the upgrades of the games. But well, If we get Ryu I hope we get Guile's Theme with his stage.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's true.. It would be a great surprise to see Ryu the first time in Smash without no leaks but damn.. the leak came, I don't know why Sakurai put those archives in the upgrades of the games. But well, If we get Ryu I hope we get Guile's Theme with his stage.
I think it has to be done because it would make progression on these characters easier, speaking in a game dev's mindset, although I could just be wrong about it...But no matter how things are added to the game, leaks will happen, no matter what you do to try to not have it happen, it is what it is. But oh well, lets just hope it doesn't happen for every character added into Smash, to ruin anymore surprises.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think it has to be done because it would make progression on these characters easier, speaking in a game dev's mindset, although I could just be wrong about it...But no matter how things are added to the game, leaks will happen, no matter what you do to try to not have it happen, it is what it is. But oh well, lets just hope it doesn't happen for every character added into Smash, to ruin anymore surprises.
Yeah, I hope so, these days you can see leaks everywhere. At least the ballot will bring us surprises, I hope!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD Well, I guess you have a point there.

Still doesn't mean he won't devour my your soul with them. .w.
;3 You should still give him a chance! behind that 'scary' appearance you see in him, he's in reality a sweetheart!
I wonder if he can close the mouth with his teeth inside..
I wonder that now too...and now imagining how it closes, it must hurt... o_o

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
;3 You should still give him a chance! behind that 'scary' appearance you see in him, he's in reality a sweetheart!

I wonder that now too...and now imagining how it closes, it must hurt... o_o
xD Oh, you. .u. Well, I no longer "fear" him like I did as a child, but despite that fear, he still is one of my favorite boss characters (Razorbeard being the most).

xD, So it's like the Tardis, It's bigger on the inside.

That would explain this. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom