• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, even if it's unlikely, I would like Nintendo to ask Omni if they can base Rayman's pose off his drawing. I can't think of a better pose for him.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
May want to put that into a spoiler Andrea pal. xD

But holy hell, does that look HILARIOUS! XD Hahahaha! My ribs!
xD And also, the ones fighting against the Rabbid Scarecrows (Edward's crew I think) were SKELETONS, like in pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Honestly, even if it's unlikely, I would like Nintendo to ask Omni if they can base Rayman's pose off his drawing. I can't think of a better pose for him.
Well. Since you said that, does anyone kinda wonder if thanks to Omni's works, Sakurai and the team would just use the renders made by Omni's team? Ever since the Inklings, it's kinda hard to think how else could they look for the game. xD

xD And also, the ones fighting against the Rabbid Scarecrows (Edward's crew) were SKELETONS, like in pirates of the Caribbean.
God, that sounds funny! xD Haha!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman is still my favorite Smashified character. The series may have moved away from its reputation as the creators of the Rayman leak, but it's worth noting that none of these characters would've been Smashified if it weren't for Rayman. It still looks the most legit to me.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Rayman 1 music time?
Mr. Gazel himself has us covered.
The part of the song that can be heard in the "Mr. Dark Song". Where does that part come from? I remember that from other song or something. I don't remember that part of the Mr. Dark Song being like that, also I love that video.

2:44 of the video.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The part of the song that can be heard in the "Mr. Dark Song". Where does that part come from? I remember that from other song or something. I don't remember that part of the Mr. Dark Song being like that, also I love that video.

2:44 of the video.
It's based off of a classical song I think, can't remember the name.

He said somewhere on the Rayman forum that he just made it closer this time.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Did you know that Globox appears in Rayman 1?

xD
No wonder André hid inside Globox - he was in cahoots with Mr. Dark all along! :p

It's been a while since I've posted here in the Rayman thread - school's getting extremely busy now with the HSC Trials coming up soon. Three Major Projects, 2 games and 1 animated body of work...
Regardless, does anyone think Mr. Dark will return as the antagonist for a possible Rayman 4 or will they go for a new villain?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No wonder André hid inside Globox - he was in cahoots with Mr. Dark all along! :p

It's been a while since I've posted here in the Rayman thread - school's getting extremely busy now with the HSC Trials coming up soon. Three Major Projects, 2 games and 1 animated body of work...
Regardless, does anyone think Mr. Dark will return as the antagonist for a possible Rayman 4 or will they go for a new villain?
It'd likely be a new villain, as he technically was kinda suppose to be in Legends if I recall correctly, but was changed.

But maybe he'd come back...although I have more of a soft spot for Razorbeard or Andre over Mr. Dark...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It'd likely be a new villain, as he technically was kinda suppose to be in Legends if I recall correctly, but was changed.
I believe Mr.Dark was supposed to appear as the main villain in Origins when it was a prequel. It was either him or Jano (yes, that Jano).

Speaking of cut content, I just remembered the Zombie Chickens were supposed to be Origins.

I think these guys could make a decent Smash Run enemy.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I believe Mr.Dark was supposed to appear as the main villain in Origins when it was a prequel. It was either him or Jano (yes, that Jano).

Speaking of cut content, I just remembered the Zombie Chickens were supposed to be Origins.

I think that would have been cool, as much as those things always creeped me out in R2, even in R3...I hated that they brought them back in that area of the Desert of the Knaaren...scared the crap out of me....

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

So much great stuff left out that would've made Origins a lot more greater than it is. Not saying that it's terrible, but still.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

It took me a quick Google search, but now I remember Jano! :idea: Admittedly it was in Rayman 2's port to the Nintendo DS, but I distinctively remember a few things - a slide and a cutscene of him (Jano, I didn't know his name then, but knew his hat) telling Rayman that he'd be giving him a head start in a race or something. I never beat Rayman 2 or the port, so I don't know what happened to Jano. The most memorable Rayman villains for me are André and the Rabbids.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If any of you were curious about Jano in Origins. In the manual, it mentions that Jano was Polokus' first nightmare, who then rained terror on the Glade of Dreams, as a result, the Nymphs created Rayman to stop him. I assume this is how the story would have went if they stuck with the prequel idea.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have a hard time telling which art style I like the most. I love the simple, cartoony look of Origins, but I love the painted look of Legends as well.
I feel like I love origins more, 'cause it just suits the expressions of the characters, although legends had some fantastic looking levels!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Even though I have my thoughts about the events of Ray passed R3 (Rabbids included....)

I have to admit I do like how the aesthetics of the O/L games looks, it reminds me of the days of R1, and how much I loved the look of the game at that time, it was legendary for it's time...

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If any of you were curious about Jano in Origins. In the manual, it mentions that Jano was Polokus' first nightmare, who then rained terror on the Glade of Dreams, as a result, the Nymphs created Rayman to stop him. I assume this is how the story would have went if they stuck with the prequel idea.
Speaking of Jano and Mr. Dark, I remembered reading somewhere in a Nintendo Power issue featuring Rayman Origins that the game would reveal Mr. Dark's origins and how he came to be, which sadly never happens in the final game. However, I have an interesting theory. Since Jano was Polokus' first nightmare and that he was defeated and presumably sealed away in the Cave of Bad Dreams, he could've been responsible for creating Mr. Dark in the first place in order to seek revenge against Rayman by having him steal the Great Protoon and spread chaos throughout the Glade of Dreams.

I've also read that in the beta script of Origins that Tarayzan is supposedly Rayman's cousin, meaning that he was one of the few 'prototypes' created by the Nymphs before Rayman in order to stop Jano.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of Jano and Mr. Dark, I remembered reading somewhere in a Nintendo Power issue featuring Rayman Origins that the game would reveal Mr. Dark's origins and how he came to be, which sadly never happens in the final game. However, I have an interesting theory. Since Jano was Polokus' first nightmare and that he was defeated and presumably sealed away in the Cave of Bad Dreams, he could've been responsible for creating Mr. Dark in the first place in order to seek revenge against Rayman by having him steal the Great Protoon and spread chaos throughout the Glade of Dreams.

I've also read that in the beta script of Origins that Tarayzan is supposedly Rayman's cousin, meaning that he was one of the few 'prototypes' created by the Nymphs before Rayman in order to stop Jano.
Hm, that is a rather interesting theory, man, I really wished they stuck with the origin story plot.

Oh yeah, Tarayzan was going to be alt, along with Uglette, it's a shame they were scrapped, they would be rather simple to make.

Speaking of old characters, I would like to see Clark make a return, he would look really well in the Ubi-Art art style.

Top Bottom