• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have done that one glitch before, I could even reach the purple flag, but I never fell, o_o and well, it ends as soon as you touch the ground.
xD I never knew about that. Haha. Even still to this day, I'm still learning something new from Rayman 3.

Wow, that's weird, nice glitch xD, I've never experimented a glitch like that.
Same. xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Game Over/Continue tracks are probably some of my favorites of the whole franchise. You do hear them a lot.
Indeed...as I should know... But yeas, I agree that's one of my favorites to hear from R1, Betilla's theme being my most loved track in the game.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD I never knew about that. Haha. Even still to this day, I'm still learning something new from Rayman 3.

Same. xD
.u. Wait, now I have the temptation of trying it again to see if I can reach that green bar...but, I'm lazy if I have to fly for 15 minutes xD!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
.u. Wait, now I have the temptation of trying it again to see if I can reach that green bar...but, I'm lazy if I have to fly for 15 minutes xD!
Well, if you do it, good luck. .u. I doubt I could because it lags too much on that stage for me on the emulator...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
BTW, this is completely off topic, but they've announced a new Mario & Sonic Olympic Games title for Rio 2016 during the Japanese exclusive Nintendo Direct today.

Granted, I've lost interest in the series after the last two titles. Though the only redeeming factor is that they've added new playable characters to this since the original Winter Olympics title, such as Rouge, Jet, Nabbit, Diddy Kong, and .... Zazz?
(Still waiting for Rosalina to be announced as well)

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if they've made use of some features like amiibo support or DLC (coughRaymancough). And I would love it if they made boxing a full event in the Wii U version. But let's face it, this is Sega we're talking about, the same ones who're too busy counting their profits while barely lifting a finger to make anything actually good other than pumping out half-baked Sonic titles on a yearly basis, including their most recent taboo. So things probably aren't gonna be much different with this one.

Sorry for going off topic, but since this news was from a JP Nintendo Direct, it wasn't like that they were going to announce any Smash Bros DLC characters, let alone anything Rayman related. Only three agonizing weeks left before Nintendo can actually show more of their good stuff (same goes for Ubisoft with Rayman, I hope).
Even though I myself was a bit surprised to see this at the direct because Sega said that the Sochi one was going to be the last game for the series. Then I thought to myself "I knew that wasn't going to happen". Anything that has Mario and Sonic's name together on a game Sega and Nintendo will make a profit out of it. I also would not be surprised if we end up getting PacMan and MegaMan as either costumes to unlock or maybe as playable DLC.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. xD I agree.

And..geezus...look what I found... xD

Rayman 3 had the strangest glitches, it's speedruns are pretty funny to watch.

I loved experimenting with this one though

There's another version of this trick that essentially lets rayman climb up freakin' walls, and sometimes even fly, while completely standing still, it's hilarious.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Rayman 3 had the strangest glitches, it's speedruns are pretty funny to watch.

I loved experimenting with this one though

There's another version of this trick that essentially lets rayman climb up freakin' walls, and sometimes even fly, while completely standing still, it's hilarious.
This is pure awesomeness. xD

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
E3 may be 15 days away, but it doesn't feel like that.
I want to know if Ubisoft is doing ANYTHING for Rayman's 20th anniversary. Smash DLC news would also be welcome.
I'm pretty nervous about Rayman's chances.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
These days I've dreamt with a new Rayman 3D, I could see like the Rayman design from the trophy in smash, moving like Rayman does in Rayman 3, then I wake up and I was like it's only a dream, I want the new Rayman game!.. I can't wait to see the new Rayman game (Because I'm sure we'll see a new Rayman Game, 2D or 3D, but a new game)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I want to know if Ubisoft is doing ANYTHING for Rayman's 20th anniversary. Smash DLC news would also be welcome.
You shouldn't expect anything yet, just to prevent being disappointed if something doesn't come out as you thought it would, I mean, not that it's a bad thing, but, just don't put your hopes up too high, I know that from experience, specially because of Ridley.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Dont't expect much, but hope something nice is shown off. I known from a lot happen high expectations and it hurts when it doesn't work in the end..

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Just remember guys that we're in this together. No soul here will be left dissapointed alone.

alsodon'tbuilduphypelol

AndreaAC

Just remember guys that we're in this together. No soul here will be left dissapointed alone.

alsodon'tbuilduphypelol
Well, I only hope that everything turns out ok, and if it doesn't, please, I wouldn't want that any of you gets mad or because of it, and don't let any "detractor" or any other people to provoque you in any way. It would just remind me even more what happened with the Ridley fanbase, EVERYONE feeling pity for me just because it didn't turn out well, but it wasn't the End of the World for me as everyone had thought, and being treated like that got me more way annoyed than the reason Sakurai told about why he wasn't playable. And well, I kept doing my constant drawing stuff as I didn't cared about the game anymore, until I reached the boiling point of tolerance of hearing the same arguments over and over and deal with some people, and I gave up on him, like you have noticed, and I don't regret it, since I found a better place that is this thread, and got to know new people, very nice individuals I must say, that's why I PRAY it doesn't turn into something similar to the Ridley fanbase.

And not that I totally hate Ridley now, but, my mind is far away from wanting to focus on him like before.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
xD Yeah, exactly.

And it was (how I remember it): "Mario, Sonic and Rayman at the Paralympic Games", because, Rayman doesn't have arms nor legs, and I felt it was making fun of people with handicaps, and that's something with really bad taste.
Seriously, anyone making a joke like that deserves to be slapped around silly for it. Besides, Rayman's lack of limbs would've been a great advantage in the competition. But joking aside, it's definitely done in bad taste. Not only for Rayman, but to those who are disabled.

I love that render of Mario and Sonic, I'm also looking forward to the awesome music, that's about it.

I'm terrified of the potential Sonic amiibo line though.
I gotta give them props for it. This is the best promo art that I've seen in the whole series. Most of the cover art of previous games usually depict both Mario and Sonic happy go lucky BFFs in friendly competition. However, this render depicts them being more competitive than before, mirroring the rivalry that they originally have. It's definitely a bit more edgier looking, not unlike the Mario Striker series, which is something that I definitely like.

I only hope that they show an epic CGI intro trailer that would reflect the same competitive edginess of this image, including some of the one-on-one sports like fencing and boxing, which I hope they would include for both version this time.

Just looking at this makes me think of this song playing over it:

Yes, I would be afraid of seeing Sonic's line of amiibos too, given on how some defected amiibos look like. I hate to see a defected Tails amiibo with his tails missing, or worse...

I'm still kinda surprised seeing that this morning, not really too much but still, but you do make a good point, if Rayman were to be in Smash, and that could make him playable for M&S at the Rio Olympic Games;

Well, I guess if we say the other 3 Party characters get added, than Rayman being in Smash may also have a spot in this game as well, which I wouldn't mind at all. I stopped after the 2nd game too, so if something like that were to happen, than I may consider this game if I ever get a WiiU...
Rayman not only being in Smash Bros, but also being included in this as 3rd party DLC would be more than enough to convince me to actually buy this one, though knowing SEGA, they wouldn't even bother take advantage of this, so we could only dream. I only bought the first two ones, namely the handheld versions (the first one for Dream Boxing and the second one for the Story Mode). The 2012 one felt mediocre and I didn't bother buying the 2014 one at all. However, given enough time and a reasonable price cut, I might be willing to look into this one once more information becomes available at E3 this month.

Speaking of Rayman, if he joined Mario & Sonic with his own team, who would make up Team Rayman?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seriously, anyone making a joke like that deserves to be slapped around silly for it. Besides, Rayman's lack of limbs would've been a great advantage in the competition. But joking aside, it's definitely done in bad taste. Not only for Rayman, but to those who are disabled.

I gotta give them props for it. This is the best promo art that I've seen in the whole series. Most of the cover art of previous games usually depict both Mario and Sonic happy go lucky BFFs in friendly competition. However, this render depicts them being more competitive than before, mirroring the rivalry that they originally have. It's definitely a bit more edgier looking, not unlike the Mario Striker series, which is something that I definitely like.

I only hope that they show an epic CGI intro trailer that would reflect the same competitive edginess of this image, including some of the one-on-one sports like fencing and boxing, which I hope they would include for both version this time.

Just looking at this makes me think of this song playing over it:

Yes, I would be afraid of seeing Sonic's line of amiibos too, given on how some defected amiibos look like. I hate to see a defected Tails amiibo with his tails missing, or worse...

Rayman not only being in Smash Bros, but also being included in this as 3rd party DLC would be more than enough to convince me to actually buy this one, though knowing SEGA, they wouldn't even bother take advantage of this, so we could only dream. I only bought the first two ones, namely the handheld versions (the first one for Dream Boxing and the second one for the Story Mode). The 2012 one felt mediocre and I didn't bother buying the 2014 one at all. However, given enough time and a reasonable price cut, I might be willing to look into this one once more information becomes available at E3 this month.

Speaking of Rayman, if he joined Mario & Sonic with his own team, who would make up Team Rayman?
Agreed with everything you said. xD Seriously, I hate it when people make fun of people, whether if they have been in a injury of some kind or not, it's not cool. :glare:

But as for Team Rayman; Ly, Globox, Clark, Razordbeard, Teensies (and because I know Ubisoft, Rabbids...)

AndreaAC

Agreed with everything you said. xD Seriously, I hate it when people make fun of people, whether if they have been in a injury of some kind or not, it's not cool. :glare:

But as for Team Rayman; Ly, Globox, Clark, Razordbeard, Teensies (and because I know Ubisoft, Rabbids...)
o_o no, not the Rabbids, PLEASE.

Top Bottom