• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
View attachment 50487
Rayman: "Oh, Master Shay, I finally found you! What's that thing beside y-....w-wait.....WHAAAAT! MASTER SHAY, Y-YOU....KILLED THE DRAGON?!"View attachment 50488
Shay: "Well, of course, but, why is that you are so "surprised" that I did?"

Rayman: "B-because he was supposedly IMMORTAL! And that only a warrior with some wierd bird race technology could kill him!, and yet...you did it...only with...two Hidden Blades and...a CANE!"

Shay: " Truth is, that he is as weak and predictable as any other animal I have hunted before, that means he only wanted others to believe that, so no one aside from that warrior dared to approach him."

Rayman: "Oh, Polokus...*faints*"

>u> Well, I couldn't resist, I'm an ex-Ridley supporter, so, I felt like doing something different that didn't praised him.
Daaaamn.
SOMEONE doesn't like Ridley.
Hehe guys I'm new so here a video
Welcome to the glade, my friend!

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
That is pretty awesome.

All though you might be correct (Shovel Knight is headed to Japan, while Shantae has games in Japan.), it's all up to whoever wins the vote. Who knows, we might get someone no one expected like Bayonetta. After all, weren't King K. Rool and Shovel Knight leading the votes for a bit?
Yeah but who's to say that the voting won't change. Hype dies down for some of these characters believe it or not. Especially if you think about which logical character would make it in. Popularity for some of these characters can only go on for so long. Especially if they don't make it in. It'll probably make people regret their vote or get disappointed in the long run on some of these characters. Which is why we have "back up characters". With some of those characters in that Unofficial Charcater Ballot list I can understand why Sakurai only listens to us on every blue moon. Most of those characters in that list don't really need to happen.

These could be the hot votes for now, but who's to say it won't change in the next couple of weeks or months when the ballot date arrive. Let's be real the only reason why Shovel Knoghts game is even going to Japan all of a sudden now is because of the Smash Ballot. It probably would've gotten a later release if the ballot didn't exist. Japan doesn't really care for Indie games, so just like Shantae Shovel Knights game may not do as well over there as it did over here. It's been proven time and time that Japan don't really care for Indie/Western games.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Daaaamn.
SOMEONE doesn't like Ridley.

Welcome to the glade, my friend!
If you are referring to:

^ him, nope, he doesn't.

and if you are referring to me, nope, I don't so much at this point.

And the "mangled" Ridley looks too gruesome, that's why I censored it, but it went to the point.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Smash Bros Wii U_3DS Offical Site Screenshot.png

Tried to do this when the image was posted, but I had to leave at that point.

The image above wasn't 1 to 1 to scale so things doesn't look as seamless. But meh, just wanted to see how it'd look.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Question: Do you guys consider Tonic Trouble as a Rayman SpinOFF? (I don't know even if Ubisoft remember this game... )

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Question: Do you guys consider Tonic Trouble as a Rayman SpinOFF? (I don't know even if Ubisoft remember this game... )
Well...Kinda? It was their first 3D game to get the practice needed to make Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Even as their first game, Rayman 2 as its "Sequel/Spiritual successor" really shows how much the dev team worked hard to make Rayman come over from 2D into 3D as excellent as it did.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well...Kinda? It was their first 3D game to get the practice needed to make Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Even as their first game, Rayman 2 as its "Sequel/Spiritual successor" really shows how much the dev team worked hard to make Rayman come over from 3D into 3D as excellent as it did.
wouldn't it be from 2D to 3D?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well...Kinda? It was their first 3D game to get the practice needed to make Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Even as their first game, Rayman 2 as its "Sequel/Spiritual successor" really shows how much the dev team worked hard to make Rayman come over from 2D into 3D as excellent as it did.
I know about the story behind Tonic Trouble development; but the character (and his world) share so many similarities with Rayman, that I could easily put both as part of same universe... or at least, being Tonic Trouble a SpinOFF of Rayman series.
--Would be nice having a Trophy for him in Smash4; :p

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
As I was celebrating my birthday, Operation Rayfall had its best day this week, with 10 vote forms being passed out. That increases the total to 172.

AndreaAC

As I was celebrating my birthday, Operation Rayfall had its best day this week, with 10 vote forms being passed out. That increases the total to 172.
Hope you have a awesome birthday today and congrats! :) keep up the great work.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Yeah but who's to say that the voting won't change. Hype dies down for some of these characters believe it or not. Especially if you think about which logical character would make it in. Popularity for some of these characters can only go on for so long. Especially if they don't make it in. It'll probably make people regret their vote or get disappointed in the long run on some of these characters. Which is why we have "back up characters". With some of those characters in that Unofficial Charcater Ballot list I can understand why Sakurai only listens to us on every blue moon. Most of those characters in that list don't really need to happen.

These could be the hot votes for now, but who's to say it won't change in the next couple of weeks or months when the ballot date arrive. Let's be real the only reason why Shovel Knoghts game is even going to Japan all of a sudden now is because of the Smash Ballot. It probably would've gotten a later release if the ballot didn't exist. Japan doesn't really care for Indie games, so just like Shantae Shovel Knights game may not do as well over there as it did over here. It's been proven time and time that Japan don't really care for Indie/Western games.
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH.
Hold on a sec.
I do hope you realize that they did it because FANS demanded it. Shovel Knignt is an indie game. They don't have a triple-A budget for this game (In fact, it was on Kickstarter.) If they really wanted him in, then they would've made a twitter post or something to promote it, like other companies did for their characters (such as Azure Striker Gunvolt's Gunvolt, Cave Story's Quote, and Shantae's... well, Shantae.). What you said is like saying Monolift Soft made Xenoblade Chronicles SOLELY to be bought by Nintendo, so their game could be published by Nintendo in America, so THEN Shulk would be in Sm4sh.
Also, you spelled "Knight" wrong. :laugh:

(I hear the mods coming down from Valhalla...)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

(Someone tell me if it's too much, if it is I'll delete it.) WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH.
Hold on a sec.
I do hope you realize that they did it because FANS demanded it. Shovel Knignt is an indie game. They don't have a triple-A budget for this game (In fact, it was on Kickstarter.) If they really wanted him in, then they would've made a twitter post or something to promote it, like other companies did for their characters (such as Azure Striker Gunvolt's Gunvolt, Cave Story's Quote, and Shantae's... well, Shantae.). What you said is like saying Monolift Soft made Xenoblade Chronicles SOLELY to be bought by Nintendo, so their game could be published by Nintendo in America, so THEN Shulk would be in Sm4sh.
Also, you spelled "Knight" wrong. :laugh:
Just to answer your question, you should just put the image in spoilers because of the swearing, then it should be fine.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

This is what I wanted to put in my other message, as I said, happy birthday!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

POKES.jpg

I like to make crossovers with many things, and one of them is Pokemon, so I made some doodles.

Top Bottom