• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
One of the RayLy's images that I love is this one:

I'd like to saw parts in the game like in this image, Rayman and Ly fight together against the Robo-pirates and they sit to relax..
: ) I love that illustration myself as well, it's really the only thing that implies they liked each other outside of the game. But it;s made by the maker of Rayman, so it's canon as far as I'm concern. >u>

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
One of the RayLy's images that I love is this one:

I'd like to saw parts in the game like in this image, Rayman and Ly fight together against the Robo-pirates and they sit to relax..
TT u TT I wish that had happened, or at least show something that confirms Rayman and Ly's romance in game, but nope, only in the concept art illustrations.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That image isn't the only thing that implies Rayman x Ly. There's not even much about it that really implies anything.

However...

They're just straight up about to kiss in this one... err, if she can get past that nose, anyway.

And yeah, this is official art. And also why I ship it.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
That image isn't the only thing that implies Rayman x Ly. There's not even much about it that really implies anything.

However...

They're just straight up about to kiss in this one... err, if she can get past that nose, anyway.

And yeah, this is official art. And also why I ship it.
I knew about this one, but everytime I see it I ask myself "Where's Ly's body?" xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
(Sorry double post, I thought I edited my last comment.)

Also, those images aren't the only thing that implies Rayman x Ly, here is other, but I don't think that Rayman is having fun in this one.. xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I knew about this one, but everytime I see it I ask myself "Where's Ly's body?" xD
xD Same. I guess it wasn't the focus in the picture, but yeah, I thought that myself as well. But I really do love that picture, so cute and romantic.

(Sorry double post, I thought I edited my last comment.)

Also, those images aren't the only thing that implies Rayman x Ly, here is other, but I don't think that Rayman is having fun in this one.. xD

xD And I love this picture, it's so funny.

I may draw more RayLy later on, I love these two so much.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for double posting here, but umm...

Here.

http://cryptid-creations.deviantart.com/art/Day-824-Rayman-515929177

Kay than... I find it interesting that this artist drew him with his gloves from the Rabbids poster art concepts instead of his standard white gloves...

But yeah...dat Rayman design in this drawing... It's nicely drawn though, and kinda funny. But umm...didn't expect to find something like that today...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sorry for double posting here, but umm...

Here.

http://cryptid-creations.deviantart.com/art/Day-824-Rayman-515929177

Kay than... I find it interesting that this artist drew him with his gloves from the Rabbids poster art concepts instead of his standard white gloves...

But yeah...dat Rayman design in this drawing... It's nicely drawn though, and kinda funny. But umm...didn't expect to find something like that today...
I'd like to know why Ubisoft put those "gloves" in the RRR design, also the first drawing is interesting but I don't like that style xD.

I think that Ubisoft tried to make Rayman more "cool" or something with those gloves (I don't like them).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd like to know why Ubisoft put those "gloves" in the RRR design, also the first drawing is interesting but I don't like that style xD.

I think that Ubisoft tried to make Rayman more "cool" or something with those gloves (I don't like them).
Me either. Honestly, James has more of a point of Rayman becoming "more edgy" when it came to those gloves being changed, and well, the primence of Rayman using "guns" like every other game troupe to have the character more "badass" or cool, *coughShadowTheHedgehodcough* annoyed me, honestly...

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, Raving Rabbids had a surprisingly dark tone despite what it was about.
Also seeing Rayman's fingers weirds me the **** out.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, Raving Rabbids had a surprisingly dark tone despite what it was about.
Well, yeah, if you mean the canceled 3D game, or the 2D one on the DS. Which is sadly the 3D one in 2D, but it was basically what could have been the "Rayman 4" the Rabbids version of it...

And yeah, the fingers does make things a bit awkward looking to me, I agree...

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I get the edgy talk, and how they redesigned him to be the cool, sarcastic guy, but I feel like they also didn't completely change him.

Anyone remember the ending for rayman 3? When he was comforting a really depressed globox, who's sad over loosing the biggest badguy of all things, and rayman still eases to sleep him in a patient way, it was really sweet.

They also designed the hoodlums in such a way because they admitted, they couldn't imagen ray going out and punching every living thing on sight, so they made them ragged, doll looking scarecrow things, that the black lums apperantly sewed together.

Ehh that's what I think anyway, the beginning to Ray 3, with him being short sided was pretty jarring, but it didn't seem to last long.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I get the edgy talk, and how they redesigned him to be the cool, sarcastic guy, but I feel like they also didn't completely change him.

Anyone remember the ending for rayman 3? When he was comforting a really depressed globox, who's sad over loosing the biggest badguy of all things, and rayman still eases to sleep him in a patient way, it was really sweet.

They also designed the hoodlums in such a way because they admitted, they couldn't imagen ray going out and punching every living thing on sight, so they made them ragged, doll looking scarecrow things, that the black lums apperantly sewed together.

Ehh that's what I think anyway, the beginning to Ray 3, with him being short sided was pretty jarring, but it didn't seem to last long.
I completely agree. I still love R3 Ray the most, and well, Sarcastic Ray wasn't too bad at all to me period, and that remark I made was towards just the gloves of his RRR design. I'd prefer the R3 design over that one, so yeah.

But of course, it shows despite his new "attitude", Rayman is still that lovable charming fellow I knew as I grew up with the series, just "getting older" to me, imo.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree. I still love R3 Ray the most, and well, Sarcastic Ray wasn't too bad at all to me period, and that remark I made was towards just the gloves of his RRR design. I'd prefer the R3 design over that one, so yeah.

But of course, it shows despite his new "attitude", Rayman is still that lovable charming fellow I knew as I grew up with the series, just "getting older" to me, imo.
Same thing here, imagening a little sarcasm is pretty funny on ray, though they didn't use it too much, just in the beginning, and it came right out of nowhere too lol.

Also I agree with your remark.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Now I really hope that Ubisoft has something Rayman related in store for us at this E3.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Debating personality can get a bit sketchy considering the many differing opinions..

I'll still stick by whatever Ancel choses, Rayman is his creation so he can do whatever he wants with him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Probably some intern.

Though the team themselves likely made all of those edited images.

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Greetings,

Can I join your support group? While I’m not the biggest Rayman Fan, I loved the first game on the Ps1 and Origins (especially the latter), and personally, I think Rayman would a really fun character to play as in Smash.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Greetings,

Can I join your support group? While I’m not the biggest Rayman Fan, I loved the first game on the Ps1 and Origins (especially the latter), and personally, I think Rayman would a really fun character to play as in Smash.
Hello there. Glad to have you apart of the group, hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome to the Glade.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks :). Any rayman game you would recomend a casual player like myself?
Well, if your preference is classic platforming kind of games, the first Rayman would be that, but it was one of the hardest in the series. If you like a speedy kind of platforming, Rayman Origins/Legends would be good, and its challenge level isn't as hard as the likes of the first two original Rayman games.

Speaking of which, if you like a explorational open worldish collect-a-thon like 3D adventure, than Rayman 2 may be the game for you, especially if you love story in your games, it's considered the best of the whole series. If you like a more linear, but more charming adventure not as dark as Rayman 2, Rayman 3 may be your liking.

You have a lot of choices, but my preference would be either Rayman 3 or Rayman 2. But I hope you get to play either and hope you enjoy your experience. :)

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Well, if your preference is classic platforming kind of games, the first Rayman would be that, but it was one of the hardest in the series. If you like a speedy kind of platforming, Rayman Origins/Legends would be good, and its challenge level isn't as hard as the likes the of the first two original Rayman games.

Speaking of which, if you like a exploitative open worldish collect-a-thon like 3D adventure, than Rayman 2 may be game for you, especially if you love story in your games, it's considered the best of the whole series. If you like a more linear, but more charming adventure not as dark as Rayman 2, Rayman 3 may be your liking.

You how a lot of choices, but my preference would be either Rayman 3 or Rayman 2. But I hope you get to play either and hope you enjoy your experience. :)
I have played the first game and i liked it a lot. Same thing for Origins.

Rayman 3 was on my radar for a while, maybe i'll get it

Rayman 2....... Which version should i pick? Theres tons of ports/remakes/
rereleases.....

As for legends, i have the challenges app on the Wii U. Once the money is right i'll buy it.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Dreamcast version is the definitive original, but it's mostly a matter of preference.

The N64 version is almost as good as the Dreamcast, but has a loss of quality.

The PS1 version has tons of content removed but the music quality is the best and it has voice acting.

Then there's Rayman Revolution for the PS2, which is pretty much it's own thing.

For more recent ports, the Dreamcast version was a launch title for the 3DS, but it has glitches and such.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have played the first game and i liked it a lot. Same thing for Origins.

Rayman 3 was on my radar for a while, maybe i'll get it

Rayman 2....... Which version should i pick? Theres tons of ports/remakes/
rereleases.....

As for legends, i have the challenges app on the Wii U. Once the money is right i'll buy it.

Thanks for the tip! :)
I'm probably going to have to get some assistance with this since I don't fully remember/know. But all I know is the Sega Dreamcaast version of R2 from what I heard is the definitive version of R2, but the only one I got to play was the Great Escape (N64 version) on an emulator, but the first one I had played and owned was Rayman Revolution on the PS2.

Thank you James for assisting with that.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This would probably be a more concise way to put it.

PS1: Least gameplay, great graphics, best music. Bonus ~ 2D Rayman 2 prototype
N64: Best gameplay, decent graphics, worst music. Bonus ~ Some exclusive levels
DC: Best graphics, most gameplay, good music. Bonus ~ Globox Village, different level select

Revolution would get high marks on everything, but it's almost a different game so it can't be compared very well.

It does have an actual hub world, a different ability system you can level up, exclusive levels, etc.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
The Dreamcast version is the definitive original, but it's mostly a matter of preference.

The N64 version is almost as good as the Dreamcast, but has a loss of quality.

The PS1 version has tons of content removed but the music quality is the best and it has voice acting.

Then there's Rayman Revolution for the PS2, which is pretty much it's own thing.

For more recent ports, the Dreamcast version was a launch title for the 3DS, but it has glitches and such.
I'm probably going to have to get some assistance with this since I don't fully remember/know. But all I know is the Sega Dreamcaast version of R2 from what I heard is the definitive version of R2, but the only one I got to play was the Great Escape (N64 version) on an emulator, but the first one I had played and owned was Rayman Revolution on the PS2.

Thank you James for assisting with that.

One Copy of Rayman 3D and Rayman Revolution please.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You're forgetting the DS version.
Although that might be a good thing.
If I were to list every version of Rayman 2, we'd be here all day.

I only went with the ones with the most notable differences + Rayman 3D because it's the most recent port.

Top Bottom