• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
From what I've heard in the 3DS version, you can't complete it 100%. If you try to get to the 1000th lum (Tomb of ancients), you'll be stuck as there's no other way out besides using the trampoline. It's a serious bug that seems to have been overlooked in the testing. So it's actually impossible to collect ALL 1000 lums (you're stuck with 999 it would appear, unless there are more bugs ahead).

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
From what I've heard in the 3DS version, you can't complete it 100%. If you try to get to the 1000th lum (Tomb of ancients), you'll be stuck as there's no other way out besides using the trampoline. It's a serious bug that seems to have been overlooked in the testing. So it's actually impossible to collect ALL 1000 lums (you're stuck with 999 it would appear, unless there are more bugs ahead).
Oh wow. I'm actually kind of glad I didn't get that version then...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You actually can, but you have to exploit the game by taking a hit from a enemy to get knocked up there. But without that, yeah, it's impossible. However, since the game was programmed to only really have 999 Lums, it doesn't matter to get that Lum, and it mostly crashes the game anyways upon getting it.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Also, in the Rayman Revolution the 1000th is changed of place and you can obtain the "Lums Radar", for me is the best version, with that "Rain Mask" and that you need diferent "powers" to get all the lums in the levels.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Also, in the Rayman Revolution the 1000th is changed of place and you can obtain the "Lums Radar", for me is the best version, with that "Rain Mask" and that you need diferent "powers" to get all the lums in the levels.
I have to agree.

Although now that I really know there is a difference between the Great Escape and Revolution, I'm going to have to fully try to play Rayman 2 on the N64 at some point to see all the differences..

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I have to try the N64 version too, I've never played it and the PSX version too. But I think first I'll play the N64 version.

I think that the N64 version has better graphics than the PSX version. One thing that calls me to the PSX version are the Antitoons appearance.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So, any ideas on what things Rayman-related Ubisoft could show at E3?
Besides another Rayman game?

I don't fully have hopes "Rayman 4" will be the next game, although I wish it was. And well, Smash Bros related won't be E3 I feel, if Rayman's only way getting in is through the ballot, which won't come through until August I believe.

All I could say is another Rayman 2D game at the very least, or a 3D one at best.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I don't fully have hopes "Rayman 4" will be the next game, although I wish it was. And well, Smash Bros related won't be E3 I feel, if Rayman's only way getting in is through the ballot, which won't come through until August I believe.

All I could say is another Rayman 2D game at the very least, or a 3D one at best.
If Ubisoft is doing something truly special for Rayman's 20th anniversary, I could see them announcing Rayman 4, although a 2D platformer wouldn't be terrible either.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I don't have hopes in a new 3D Rayman game xD, but seriously, I hope... I only want a new game, not a compilation of games like the 10th anniversary. Rayman needs a great 20th anniversary, and for that, he needs a great game. The Legend of Zelda or Sonic have greats games for his 20-25th anniversary. Why can't Rayman too?

I think we won't see anything of Rayman related to smash (maybe jokes of Ubisoft or references?).

Andrea, nice drawing, I love how Betilla hugs Rayman! Happy mother's day to all the moms!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

The ballot ends in October actually.
On the topic of E3, I know I shouldn't be betting on this, but I'm fully expecting a new Rayman game. There are way too many factors making it seem likely.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
A new Rayman 3D.. wow.. please.. make it happen.. we don't see any 3D Rayman Game since 2 generations ago.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't have hopes in a new 3D Rayman game xD, but seriously, I hope... I only want a new game, not a compilation of games like the 10th anniversary. Rayman needs a great 20th anniversary, and for that, he needs a great game. The Legend of Zelda or Sonic have greats games for his 20-25th anniversary. Why can't Rayman too?

I think we won't see anything of Rayman related to smash (maybe jokes of Ubisoft or references?).

Andrea, nice drawing, I love how Betilla hugs Rayman! Happy mother's day to all the moms!
^u^ Thank you! glad you liked it! :3 And yup, happy mother's day to all the moms in the world!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
A new Rayman 3D.. wow.. please.. make it happen.. we don't see any 3D Rayman Game since 2 generations ago.
Well...besides...Raving Rabbids...

But definitely. That's what I wanted since Rayman 3, thanks to Murfy's big mouth...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It has to be great to see Rayman in 1080p in 3D in the new Gen.

Murphy promised us Rayman 4 and we'll se Rayman 4.

xD
Indeed it would be. Besides, it would be good if the cancelled Rayman 4 game aesthetics would to be used during this time it would really show the full potential from it.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Greetings,

Can I join your support group? While I’m not the biggest Rayman Fan, I loved the first game on the Ps1 and Origins (especially the latter), and personally, I think Rayman would a really fun character to play as in Smash.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
View attachment 51027
a quick and sketchy Mother's Day doodle.
Awww, I really like how Betilla is Rayman's mother. Great work.

I just hope we get a Rayman game in general, whether it's 2D or 3D. Though 3D would be nice.

AndreaAC

Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

Awww, I really like how Betilla is Rayman's mother. Great work.

I just hope we get a Rayman game in general, whether it's 2D or 3D. Though 3D would be nice.
:3 Thank you! and well, she's his creator after all! And the original Betilla feels more like a caring and loving mother than the Origins one, for me at least.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
:3 Thank you! and well, she's his creator after all! And the original Betilla feels more like a caring and loving mother than the Origins one, for me at least.
Imo, I agree, as I really don't think they were going with that viewpoint compared to the original Betilla to me...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't really think that's a fair comparison. We don't see Betilla that much in Origins compared to 1.

AndreaAC

The design is a bit bias to judge from, although I'll admit the same with me.
I know, but I prefer how more...eh, formal and innocent she's shown in the original game, but just like other times, just personal preferences.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know, but I prefer how more...eh, formal and innocent she's shown in the original game, but just like other times, just personal preferences.
Understandable. I don't see the same looking at the "Modern Betilla" compared to the classic one, especially when compared to the other Nymphs and such. I agree with you.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you think "Rayplumber" could be an alt. skin?

(That shadow in Rayman's back, it's like the Smash Bros icons for characters xD).

Last edited:
Top Bottom