• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Operation Rayfall was just as successful as it was yesterday, as 8 vote forms were passed out today. That brings the number of potential votes for Rayman up to 154. You know what that means, right?
I'm halfway to 200 vote forms. Talk about dedication.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I just realized I never showed you guys my coloured work.
OUTRAGEOUS! this needs to change ASAP!

ah there we go

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Operation Rayfall was just as successful as it was yesterday, as 8 vote forms were passed out today. That brings the number of potential votes for Rayman up to 154. You know what that means, right?
I'm halfway to 200 vote forms. Talk about dedication.
Some of my friends from school has been voting for Rayman as well. At least the ones who are into Smash. I know 10 of them that voted for him so far. So he's getting some votes as to where I live. I know of some girls in my sorority that are into Smash I'm going to check and see if any of them voted.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I noticed in some recent polls that Rayman's been performing better in terms of votes. Perhaps he's getting more publicity?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I noticed in some recent polls that Rayman's been performing better in terms of votes. Perhaps he's getting more publicity?
Well, I noticed after I posted some of my Rayman art on my DA account, I received more views/favorites in on day then I ever had one anything drawing I posted there. It was like 20 in one day, within 3, it reached 50.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Well, I noticed after I posted some of my Rayman art on my DA account, I received more views/favorites in on day then I ever had one anything drawing I posted there. It was like 20 in one day, within 3, it reached 50.
Hmm... that's definitely interesting. Maybe our efforts are working after all. This can only mean good things!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know about you, but I really think my campaign is part of the reason why.
I mean, I've passed out 154 vote forms for people that would be willing to vote. I really hope it helps him out in the long run.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Maybe you'll like this video:

5:15 (Top third party characters, and surprise, yeah Rayman is the first and the second is Banjo Kazooie).

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hey guys if Rayman has another chance in Rate their chances the DLC Edition thread let's make sure that we go out there and tell them why Rayman would be the best canidate. If they try and argue just make it brief and move on. I think some third parties may get rated before E3 cause that is where they usually show them when Smash is concern.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

5:15 (Top third party characters, and surprise, yeah Rayman is the first and the second is Banjo Kazooie).
My two most wanted characters tying each other with the most amount of votes!?
OH YES! Finally they get the respect they deserve.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hey guys if Rayman has another chance in Rate their chances the DLC Edition thread let's make sure that we go out there and tell them why Rayman would be the best canidate. If they try and argue just make it brief and move on. I think some third parties may get rated before E3 cause that is where they usually show them when Smash is concern.
Can he has another chance? I missed to vote his chance and want.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pretty sure characters are only voted for once in that thread.
A tally, in other words. I think the only way any 3rd party would get anything higher than what they put down in there is if Sakurai said; " There can by as many 3rd Party DLC characters as possibility can". At that point, it's all about preference towards the character, and lack of bias against 3rd Party, character, etc...

Last edited:

AreJay25

A tally, in other words. I think the only way any 3rd party would get anything higher than what they put down in there is if Sakurai said; " There can by as many 3rd Party DLC characters as possibility can". At that point, it's all about preference towards the character, and lack of bias against 3rd Party, character, etc...
I think the fact that Sakurai's adding Ryu should be enough to remove that stigma anyways.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think the fact that Sakurai's adding Ryu should be enough to remove that stigma anyways.
It really should by principle that he was added without anyone asking. But then again, people would use the "iconic to Nintendo's history" card or some bias reasoning because "Sakurai did it, so it must be so" BS. Basically, I'd honestly not give a crap about that thread with their bias viewpoints, and only focus on the actual fans of Rayman for support.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I love both characters but.. Pacman get out of there, I can't see Rayman!

Nice drawing as always!
xD haha, oh, you! :) glad you liked it, even if it is a pretty old one that I forgot to put here.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
My two most wanted characters tying each other with the most amount of votes!?
OH YES! Finally they get the respect they deserve.
FINALLY! Someone who agree that Shovel Knight, Shantae, or any other Indie shouldn't be in this game! I'm going to have to agree with SonicToast in that video. These Indie developers are what's going to ruin what Smash is really all about. It's for select few third parties meaning not every third party is going to make it. Besides its all about Nintendo characters battling it out with a select few impotant third party icons. Only a couple of niche people know who most of these Indie characters are. It shouldn't be about advertising or exposure for third parties they should arleady be well known. If they need advertising they shouldn't be in the game. At least that how I feel when it comes to these certain group of characters.

Besides Shovel Knight and Shantae are only popular in the West which really isn't much. It's more or less the "casual Smash fans" than hardcore fans of the community that want them in not really the whole community. You should've seen how they ranked in the DLC Edition thread, he and Shantae was at 10-20% range which is pretty low for third party. Showing that people don't really think they should be in. To be honest I think some of their hype has somewhat died down.

So no the whole community doesn't want them in. Do indie developers even know that they're characters won't get that much love in Japan than in the West? They aren't going to care for them much as they do over here. Shovel Knight probably won't at all be popular in Japan. Besides we all know that it's Japan who is going to have the final say. Nintendo don't promote western stuff that much anyway. They only show them once and then won't promote them again until their next game.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

I was actually going to post that when I saw the results. Still, this is pretty much giving me hope already for what's to come.
BTW, anyone found it funny that Bayonetta isn't on the list of top 10 third party votes?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I was actually going to post that when I saw the results. Still, this is pretty much giving me hope already for what's to come.
BTW, anyone found it funny that Bayonetta isn't on the list of top 10 third party votes?
Yeah if anything I think Bayonetta is niche popular. I think the people that played her games are the ones that usaually wants her in. She's not really asked for everywhere like other characters.

AreJay25

I've noticed that more people are flocking towards another Sonic character for a second Sega rep. Might explain the lack of interest in Bayonetta.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I've noticed that more people are flocking towards another Sonic character for a second Sega rep. Might explain the lack of interest in Bayonetta.
I think they'll take another Sonic character over Bayonetta really. Sonic is way more of a rich and well known franchise over what Bayonetta is. Besides they'll make more money off on Sonic then Bayonetta. I think even NiGHTS would get in over Bayonetta. Not to mention people are really asking for another Sonic character much
longer than Bayonetta. People wanted another Sonic character since Brawl really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom